Options

A new "Event" every month?

zulu.kilozulu.kilo Registered Users 109 Posts
I figure GLU will be releasing a new "Event" every month for ZAMF.

Think about it: they released an update to ZAMF prior to the start of the Christmas event in December 2013 yet when the 'event' in January 2014 was open to everyone to play, GLU did not push an update to its ZAMF players. That means it was already pre-programmed into the game ever since at least prior December's update. They deliberately planned this.

They must do this or else they'll start losing players due to attrition; how many times can a player replay any one of the ten episodes before they max out their character and/or complete the episodes to 100% ???

Furthermore, while the majority of ZAMF players do not pay real money to make in-app-purchases for the golden skulls, a small percentage of players do. This is GLU's lifeblood; their source of income. If they were to stop releasing either a new 'event' or a new episode on a regular basis, boredom would rapidly set in for players, if it has not already.
"star" [via Android]

Comments

• Options
    viviaanviviaan Registered Users 41 Posts
    With them making the top reward 50k is too hard, only 3 people got the 50k weapon. There are way too many bugs too :/ I'm seriously about to quit this game if there are issues in the next event.
    game center: xVivianna
    feel free to add me!
  • Options
    KarmaGKarmaG Registered Users 28 Posts
    I'm already bored and have been. I've played through the episodes 4 times since I first started playing in June/July (can't remember which right now). Other than episode 9 being stuck at 95%/A because of the required friend assist issue I have 100% in all episodes. I've been maxed out on rank since right after they released level 27.

I don't want just an event every month. I want a new episode. I want more ranks. The events are just more of the same and in this latest one it sure felt like it was a recycled event from around Halloween.
  • Options
    Long TomLong Tom Registered Users 10 Posts
    I second the new episode idea. I'm also stuck on episode 9 and 10 at 95%, because, one, i didn't know you needed help from friends, and two, I ALWAYS get the "Request Timed Out, Try Again Later" response when i try to search for friends ...

That aside, new episodes, higher level cap, more story is the way to go.

And Viviaan i was one of eight people on Android who made 50k. I'm not sure who did and did not, of those eight, get the reward. I did. Lucky me :P But i agree that it seems ludicrous. I literally played all day and night to get the rewards. If i had a regular job or classes or a life (waahhhhhh! :,( ) it would have been a completely unrealistic goal.
  • Options
    Turns out I was right. Or maybe not so much since it is still January...

There is an Android event, "Infestation," set to start at 7 P.M., EST. tonight! :D

Hmm...the weapon rewards look exactly like one of the previous events' rewards...
    "star" [via Android]
  • Options
    zulu.kilo wrote: »
    Turns out I was right. Or maybe not so much since it is still January...

There is an Android event, "Infestation," set to start at 7 P.M., EST. tonight! :D

Hmm...the weapon rewards look exactly like one of the previous events' rewards...

Even the name of the event sounds familiar. I think Glu is just phoning it in at this point.

ETA: The event is for iOS too. Just opened the game and it came up. And sure enough it is a recycled event. The one with the zombie fish in the sewer.
  • Options
    Yawn...I wonder how the Valentine's Day event will turn out.

Who wants to bet we'll be picking up 'red hearts' then? :p
    "star" [via Android]
  • Options
    zulu.kilo wrote: »
    Yawn...I wonder how the Valentine's Day event will turn out.

Who wants to bet we'll be picking up 'red hearts' then? :p

I think you're giving them too much credit. We recently had a pink skull event so I'm sure they'll just recycle that one. :P