Options

GLU, do something! The false cheating bug

Have you gotten falsely accused of cheating at the end of an event and not gotten your prize and/or rank? I feel like this is widespread and GLU won't do anything about it other than send us form letters accusing us if cheating. Post your story here.

Comments

• Options
    RiotllamaRiotllama Registered Users 50 Posts
    This is the second time this happened to my girlfriend. The first time she played an event, she don't get her prize and was accused of cheating. The next 3 events went fine. There was no difference on her phone. No new apps. And she most certainly did not cheat.
    This last event we played our asses off and wasted days of our lives and gold skulls and I came in 3rd and she slipped into 10th right at the end after a big battle for it. She was so psyched, but then got an F and no prize!!! We are incredibly upset and haven't been playing since then.
    I sent a help ticket on her behalf and it the same canned response back. I replied and haven't heard anything.
    Glu admin guy, what gives? You obviously have some kind of bug where players are accused of cheating and don't get prizes they worked hard for. I'm about to quit this game and I have spent real money on this.
    You need to address this in some way.
    We had no new apps on our phones for any of the events and got different results each time. WE ARE NOT CHEATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    ZAMFaddictZAMFaddict Registered Users 123 Posts
    This is a widespread issue that needs resolved, but contacting customer service is worthless. Glu does have a CEO, board, and stock holders. It seems like the only way anything may actually happen for the poor customer service is to start contacting those within the company that will start losing money with bad publicity. Anyone having issues should at the very least, update reviews at ITunes, Google Play, and Amazon so that new players are warned not to waste their time downloading the defective free app. The game concept is good but Glu has extremely poor customer service with issues of form letters and no restitution for issues on their side. Any problems in the game are seen as customer caused issues. Other companies with glitch issues they cannot fix at least attempt to take responsibility for the problem and issue some sort of in-game currency for inconvenience while they try to fix the problem. Apps are going to have glitches, but refusing to take some sort of action reflects poorly on Glu. You might want to check the apps you have downloaded to see which others you have are from Glu.
  • Options
    quirkylogicquirkylogic Registered Users 20 Posts
    They have an F in BBB!!! I filed a complaint also with BBB!! I have asked SEVERAL TIMES for a LIST of these supposed 'APPS' that they are acussing me of having on my phone.. I have even searched the Google store.. I CAN'T FIND ONE!!! I'm not done with these people.. I will NOT be called a cheat!!! I'm beyond furious! I want my weapons!! I worked HARD for them!!

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-gaming/glu-mobile-in-san-francisco-ca-325668
  • Options
    Here is the contact info from the BBB link given in the post above.

Phone (650) 532-2400
    support@glumobile.com
  • Options
    Grottyv2Grottyv2 Registered Users 10 Posts
    There going down hill accusing everyone of being a cheat and resetting peoples lvl so they have to work hard and buy skulls again it's a joke it's a big scam !!
  • Options
    Grottyv2 wrote: »
    There going down hill accusing everyone of being a cheat and resetting peoples lvl so they have to work hard and buy skulls again it's a joke it's a big scam !!
    Until they sort my rank out I will be giving bad review from now on and telling everyone that is wanting to download the game to not download any if GLUs games !!
  • Options
    Until they sort my rank out I will be giving bad review from now on and telling everyone that is wanting to download the game to not download any if GLUs games !!

I received a response back today blatantly saying I was cheating and claming their original response was not a form letter. Funny that it matched other letters published on this forum and yet is not a form letter response. I will be contacting iTunes as well as calling the number above. So is it defamation of character if you are erroneously accused of cheating?
  • Options

I did that on Google Play ( I would on iTunes if I had one lol) && on BOTH FB for Glu && for ZAMF.. They called the wrong girl a cheat..
  • Options
    I did that on Google Play ( I would on iTunes if I had one lol) && on BOTH FB for Glu && for ZAMF.. They called the wrong girl a cheat..
    The best thing to get something a across now days is TWITTER go on there's and slate them down about this fake cheating thing ! Everyone sees TWITTER now days it's our best bet for now !
  • Options
    The best thing to get something a across now days is TWITTER go on there's and slate them down about this fake cheating thing ! Everyone sees TWITTER now days it's our best bet for now !

I've got a twitter too! I've blasted them on everything BUT! Thanks! Can't believe I forgot that!!

#ImYourWorstNightmare