Stash

psycosis911psycosis911 Registered Users 2 Posts
It would be great to have a stash in the safe house where you could store a few items. For instance, weapons and equipment of a higher level than you are that you want to keep till you can use it but don't have space to spare in your inventory. I'd say four to six slots would be plenty with the option to expand via currency or skulls.

Comments

• YoungPrickYoungPrick Registered Users 5 Posts
    I like this idea a LOT! The thought of carrying around a lvl 15 weapon while I'm only lvl 12 is daunting and frankly kind of annoying.

I also thought it was frustrating that the slots I bought applied TO ALL THE ITEM SLOTS and not the one I bought it in. Bummer summer.
  • TonyPoeHoTonyPoeHo Registered Users 239 Posts
    It would be great to have a stash in the safe house where you could store a few items. For instance, weapons and equipment of a higher level than you are that you want to keep till you can use it but don't have space to spare in your inventory. I'd say four to six slots would be plenty with the option to expand via currency or skulls.

Excellent idea! This would be extremely great!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -*POW*- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -~Gone With The Wind~- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Add Me On GameCenter @ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - "TonyPoeHo" - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Justin BieberJustin Bieber Registered Users 12 Posts
    I like this idea. If we can take items out of boxes we should be able to put them in too... Right??
    why you trippin i ain't even do nothin!
  • CapreoriesCapreories Registered Users 10 Posts
    I had the idea of customizing Scruffy to have like saddlebags or something for storage that maybe you can exchange with in the safe house or after zombies are gone when looting is available?
  • Ryan WheelerRyan Wheeler Registered Users 4 Posts
    This idea should be a necessity. I have had to scrap so many weapons and health items just because of the limit. I'd add one more thing though, You should have separate slots for items in your pack (like twelve melee weapon slots, twelve ranged weapons, twelve health, and twelve equipment) Having all items share every slot makes your space seem even smaller
  • oteoscaroteoscar Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 3 Posts
    Completely agree with you guys.
  • Survivor_SharmarkoSurvivor_Sharmarko Registered Users 1 Posts
    I was thinking that very same thing before i signed up to this post >.<
  • JKIRVINE88JKIRVINE88 Registered Users 28 Posts
    I agree with the idea to have a stash spot at the safe houses. I am ok with the current storage system though, partially because it reminds me of the Diablo type storage. But any way they do it I'd love to see a stash system set up.
    "Silence in the face of Evil, is itself Evil"
  • adaminkkadaminkk Registered Users 52 Posts
    I support this idea fully, I'd hate to lose limited edition weapons or equipment from special events. I sold the limited Battle Axe from the Outbreak event because it was taking space & weaker than my other, higher-level weapons. I now have the zombie mask in my inventory & I'd hate to throw it away even though I'll probably find something better in the future.
    I tried to change my avatar, now I can't even see my face. Kids, don't change your avatar :p
  • SorbesqueSorbesque Registered Users 11 Posts
    Agreed.
    Stash should at least be available in safe houses. Or with scruffy.

Ideas for devs, if you guys only think about farming money from gamers:
    - stash has same system like normal storage, you need more space, you pay for the extra slots.
    - stash is a merchant service. Same system as above but you speak to merchant to get them take care of stuffs for you. But i dont think this make sense, to have different merchants all around, carrying the samr items for you as if they are virtual banks. So go with safe houses please and thanks.
  • Rob1583Rob1583 Registered Users 87 Posts
    Yes! Please do this glu. I hate losing the special weapons and equipment I've earned in events. Make some kind of "trophy case", Maybe accessible in safe houses or episode select screen, where these items can be saved and swaped out.
  • Rob1583Rob1583 Registered Users 87 Posts
    Bumped for support. I have 23 inventory slots and thats as many as you can buy. When I get my weapon reward at the end of this event, I'm going to be forced to trash one of my weapons/ equipment that I played hard to earn or used gold skulls to buy. I would like to see this implemented more than anything else, c'mon glu!
  • Sammyboi22Sammyboi22 Registered Users 6 Posts
    i totally agree woth this idea. i really would like to stack up on energy and health items, and bullets so that i can have an easier time with boss zombies. but with the storage limit, i cant stack up on items and end up having to trash, sell or use items(even when i dont need to) that are really valuable. i hope the glugames admins really support and implement this idea as early as possible.
  • GriffguyGriffguy Registered Users 16 Posts
    I like the idea, but I don't think tying one's "stash" to a merchant or a safehouse is the way to go. There are multiple safehouses and merchants in each episode/mission, and being able to access your accumulated stuff from outside your carried inventory from various points just doesn't make sense.

Instead, why not make one's "stash" accessible only from the Mission/Episode screen? It would exist outside of episodes or mission and give you a place to store things that you don't want to sell/dump (like epic gear that isn't so epic anymore that you can't bear to part with) outside of your carried inventory. If you want to switch out or store items, finish or quit your current mission/episode, go to your stash, put in or take out stuff, then start the next mission/episode or re-start.

If seriously considered I'd suggest prohibiting certain items from being stored, like key cards, medical supply crates and other related "quest" items as they tend to be generic and might be interchangeable between episodes and missions. Being able acquire, quit and then "stash" such items from a easy episode and then pull them out, start a harder episode and use them to bypass a challenge is kind of cheesy.
  • zulu.kilozulu.kilo Registered Users 109 Posts
    adaminkk wrote: »
    I support this idea fully, I'd hate to lose limited edition weapons or equipment from special events. I sold the limited Battle Axe from the Outbreak event because it was taking space & weaker than my other, higher-level weapons. I now have the zombie mask in my inventory & I'd hate to throw it away even though I'll probably find something better in the future.

I doubt this will happen. They want you to use real money to buy golden skulls to use for slots in your backpack.

NOTE TO GLU: If money is your motive, you can also apply this logic to a 'SafeHouse Stash/Trunk' by charging players a certain amount of golden skulls for each additional slot in the aforementioned safehouse stash/trunk.
    "star" [via Android]
    zulu.kilo wrote: »
    I doubt this will happen. They want you to use real money to buy golden skulls to use for slots in your backpack.

NOTE TO GLU: If money is your motive, you can also apply this logic to a 'SafeHouse Stash/Trunk' by charging players a certain amount of golden skulls for each additional slot in the aforementioned safehouse stash/trunk.
    Well, honestly, that shouldn't be a shocker...eyes wide open here. They say so right in their tagline: Glu - The Leader in 3D Freemium Mobile Gaming. ZAMF is a "free" game but it's got aspects made to generate revenue for the company nonetheless. For whatever its faults it's certainly not the worst offender of the countless "Pay2Win" games out there, IMO.

As far as charging additional skulls for "stash" storage, sure - that's one way to do it. While obviously not the most popular choice from a player's (wallet) standpoint, I'm sure there are those that would invest in it regardless for reasons previously discussed in the thread were it an option.
  • latte653latte653 Registered Users 13 Posts
    Griffguy wrote: »
    Instead, why not make one's "stash" accessible only from the Mission/Episode screen? It would exist outside of episodes or mission and give you a place to store things that you don't want to sell/dump (like epic gear that isn't so epic anymore that you can't bear to part with) outside of your carried inventory. If you want to switch out or store items, finish or quit your current mission/episode, go to your stash, put in or take out stuff, then start the next mission/episode or re-start.

If seriously considered I'd suggest prohibiting certain items from being stored, like key cards, medical supply crates and other related "quest" items as they tend to be generic and might be interchangeable between episodes and missions. Being able acquire, quit and then "stash" such items from a easy episode and then pull them out, start a harder episode and use them to bypass a challenge is kind of cheesy.

Hmm...making the "stash" accessible from the episode/event selection menu is interesting, it's in one place.

And I think having to finish/quit the event/episode to go to the "stash" is a solution to "cheesy" bypassing of quest item challenges. I exited the Suburb event while I had 2 of the 4 items that Seahorse wanted, when I re-entered the event, it didn't detect the 2 items already in my inventory. I could only finish that quest by defeating the big zombies and getting the 2 items again.
    latte653 wrote: »
    Hmm...making the "stash" accessible from the episode/event selection menu is interesting, it's in one place.

And I think having to finish/quit the event/episode to go to the "stash" is a solution to "cheesy" bypassing of quest item challenges. I exited the Suburb event while I had 2 of the 4 items that Seahorse wanted, when I re-entered the event, it didn't detect the 2 items already in my inventory. I could only finish that quest by defeating the big zombies and getting the 2 items again.

Ah - excellent! Anti-cheesiness already built in then! :)