Ability to perform enhancements for payment (skulls)

JayQ 2JayQ 2 Registered Users 3 Posts
I propose a way to upgrade weapons you already possess. I have weapons I have won from ranking high during events and others I have purchased with cash. It pains me to sell these items because I out grew them for in game money that does nothing for me at my level. So I devised a win/win scenario. How about implementing a system where you can enhance your currently owned weapons. Add a feature to the work bench to add or raise stats on a weapon. I have 2 thoughts on this:

The first could be one where you spend skulls to perform the aforementioned.

Example: You have a random weapon, you want to add the luck stat to it or even raise the current luck stat's value, you're charged skulls at the workbench to do so. The higher you go with the stat, the more it costs. Set a cap to the weapon too. The cap could be set higher based on a few variables. For instance, the level of the item, if it was a reward from an event, and/or purchased with skulls.

Pros: This may help those who, for whatever reasons, cannot pass certain areas of the game. Another reason for people to purchase and spend skulls
Cons: It wouldn't necessarily give the feeling of new content to those that have finished everything else.

A second route would be the ability to combine two weapons. The first weapon being the item you wish to retain. There is no change to anything aesthetically. After the process it still looks the exact same and maintains any stat values that are not selected to be changed. the second weapon selected for the process is the item you wish to transfer stat(s) from. The value of the selected statistic would transfer in its entirety.

A perfect example ties into my dilemma which reoccurs at the end of each event. I was rewarded the dual chainsaws in the last event (with +101 attack). At the start of the event I purchased the flaming buzz saw (Fire element, +15 attack, +5 luck, +20 energy). Using the chainsaws in place of the other reduces my energy and I already have a secondary weapon equipped that supports both. I would purchase more skulls to transfer one of the stats from the buzz saw to my newly rewarded weapon. Like pay the workbench 2 skulls per point to transfer the energy statistic making the Dual chainsaws +101 attack and +20 energy (for a total cost of 40 skulls).

Maybe take it further, if one wants to transfer all the stats, they are charged 3 skulls per stat point transferred. So that would translate to my Dual chainsaws being Fire element with +101 attack (no change there) with the added +5 luck and +20 energy (transferred) for a total of 75 skulls (x3 the rate since its was all of the stats).

The player wouldn't feel like they "lost" anything because they needed the second weapon to set the value for the first. The second item determines what the value is and because of that we would always push to find other items with a higher value. That's where the grind comes in, milking events and/or vendors for that 1 item that might give us a gain, even if minimal.

Pros: This may also help those who, for whatever reasons, cannot pass certain areas of the game. It also provides gamers that have completed just about everything reason to run events more often. A weapon rewarded may be a specific look or have a high statistic they would like.
Cons: The formula may be confusing to understand when paying at the workbench.

Both ideas make gear look more appealing to buy with skulls. Those of us that do tend to out grow them very quickly! It will give your player base added reason to use skulls and not alienate those high level weapon hoarders who run out of space in their inventory (yes I have purchased slots).

Don't stop the idea with weapons either! I can't stress how interested I am in the clothing that contains stats. The problem is I just can't bring myself to wearing pink shorts, sneakers with knee high socks, and a denim sleeveless button down. It just looks ridiculous! The high end stuff should be top shelf and look the part. The ability to do the same as mentioned above only with clothing would also bring me to spend more skulls. I would love to add stats to my crown too instead of wearing (my only other option if I want higher stats in that slot) a fur lined winter cap. I want to show off my crown, I want to buy higher stat gear.... I can't do both. This would remedy that.

I think I have a winning idea here that will add life to the "end game" of ZAMF without adding a whole bunch to the game. Its just adding a dynamic to something that already exists.

Comments

• zulu.kilozulu.kilo Registered Users 109 Posts
    JayQ 2 wrote: »
    I propose a way to upgrade weapons you already possess. I have weapons I have won from ranking high during events and others I have purchased with cash. It pains me to sell these items because I out grew them for in game money that does nothing for me at my level. So I devised a win/win scenario. How about implementing a system where you can enhance your currently owned weapons. Add a feature to the work bench to add or raise stats on a weapon. I have 2 thoughts on this:

The first could be one where you spend skulls to perform the aforementioned.

Example: You have a random weapon, you want to add the luck stat to it or even raise the current luck stat's value, you're charged skulls at the workbench to do so. The higher you go with the stat, the more it costs. Set a cap to the weapon too. The cap could be set higher based on a few variables. For instance, the level of the item, if it was a reward from an event, and/or purchased with skulls.

Pros: This may help those who, for whatever reasons, cannot pass certain areas of the game. Another reason for people to purchase and spend skulls
    Cons: It wouldn't necessarily give the feeling of new content to those that have finished everything else.

A second route would be the ability to combine two weapons. The first weapon being the item you wish to retain. There is no change to anything aesthetically. After the process it still looks the exact same and maintains any stat values that are not selected to be changed. the second weapon selected for the process is the item you wish to transfer stat(s) from. The value of the selected statistic would transfer in its entirety.

A perfect example ties into my dilemma which reoccurs at the end of each event. I was rewarded the dual chainsaws in the last event (with +101 attack). At the start of the event I purchased the flaming buzz saw (Fire element, +15 attack, +5 luck, +20 energy). Using the chainsaws in place of the other reduces my energy and I already have a secondary weapon equipped that supports both. I would purchase more skulls to transfer one of the stats from the buzz saw to my newly rewarded weapon. Like pay the workbench 2 skulls per point to transfer the energy statistic making the Dual chainsaws +101 attack and +20 energy (for a total cost of 40 skulls).

Maybe take it further, if one wants to transfer all the stats, they are charged 3 skulls per stat point transferred. So that would translate to my Dual chainsaws being Fire element with +101 attack (no change there) with the added +5 luck and +20 energy (transferred) for a total of 75 skulls (x3 the rate since its was all of the stats).

The player wouldn't feel like they "lost" anything because they needed the second weapon to set the value for the first. The second item determines what the value is and because of that we would always push to find other items with a higher value. That's where the grind comes in, milking events and/or vendors for that 1 item that might give us a gain, even if minimal.

Pros: This may also help those who, for whatever reasons, cannot pass certain areas of the game. It also provides gamers that have completed just about everything reason to run events more often. A weapon rewarded may be a specific look or have a high statistic they would like.
    Cons: The formula may be confusing to understand when paying at the workbench.

Both ideas make gear look more appealing to buy with skulls. Those of us that do tend to out grow them very quickly! It will give your player base added reason to use skulls and not alienate those high level weapon hoarders who run out of space in their inventory (yes I have purchased slots).

Don't stop the idea with weapons either! I can't stress how interested I am in the clothing that contains stats. The problem is I just can't bring myself to wearing pink shorts, sneakers with knee high socks, and a denim sleeveless button down. It just looks ridiculous! The high end stuff should be top shelf and look the part. The ability to do the same as mentioned above only with clothing would also bring me to spend more skulls. I would love to add stats to my crown too instead of wearing (my only other option if I want higher stats in that slot) a fur lined winter cap. I want to show off my crown, I want to buy higher stat gear.... I can't do both. This would remedy that.

I think I have a winning idea here that will add life to the "end game" of ZAMF without adding a whole bunch to the game. Its just adding a dynamic to something that already exists.

You actually have a well-thought-out idea by combining what you desire (modification and/or fusion of weapons) with what GLU desires (players to use real money within the game). :)

This is a very reasonable request and I don't see why GLU would not implement this.

(Jay: You should email GLU directly and tell them about your suggestion. Some it falls on deaf ears in this forum.)
    "star" [via Android]