Options

Select Gear

HenkieHenkie Registered Users 57 Posts
I have talked about this issue with my alliance and everyone unanimously agrees: gear should be selectable. Currently, the game selects the gear for you based on the combined stats of an item. However, as a commando you would rather have a strong offensive item than a slightly better all round/defensive item. Other way around for Security/Technicians. I myself for example, have to use a 2/30 freight truck as a commando while I much rather have my 22/7 race car.

I made a spreadsheet with all the gear that the game assigned to me for every specializations.
Commando: 59/70
Technician: 53/74
Spy: 65/63
Security: 75/45

This immediately shows the flaws in the current system. The offensive commando class, has a lower offence than defence. The problem is even worse with the security class which should have a much higher defence.

This is all with pretty basic gear and and an extended barrel. Without that, the offence stats for all classes would have been even worse.

Conclusion: Gear should be selectable by the player.

Comments

• Options
    philipagphilipag Registered Users 38 Posts
    Very much agreed. Modifiers are mixed up regardless however.

When I select commando it shows higher offensive equipment but inexplicably does lower damage.
  • Options
    Sir ForceSir Force Registered Users 22 Posts
    I was assuming the game picked the highest offensive gear when attaching. Then it would pick the highest defense equipment when you are attacked.