Options

PVP match startup complaint

agent-markagent-mark Registered Users 10 Posts
So I select my matchup and it starts loading.... and loading... and loading. I never get into the match for reasons I can only guess at. After around a minute I kill the app and restart it. After doing so, I learn:
a) my energy for the match that didn't happen was consumed
b) my win streak, which was over 100 prior to this, is now at 0.
c) I'm unhappy.

If a player starts a match and the connection is broken, I appreciate that you must count that as a loss for the player; you have no way to determine why the connection was broken and you need to protect against people that would cheat by intentionally breaking their server connection.

In the case I described here though - I feel it falls on Glu to detect that the match never actually started and, due to that, neither charge me for energy use nor call it a loss (as win streak does have some meaning in the global event). I would find it begrudgingly acceptable if in this case, you leave my "crystal cost of finding a new match" the same as if I declined the match that didn't get started, but the penalty that exists now is, in my opinion, unreasonable because you could detect the match startup failure.

Exacerbating my dislike of this situation:
* Win streak (and energy) is important to those looking to place in PVP events
* People that are looking to place in these events are almost certain to be spending gold in order to get extra energy to earn their event points (and win stream affects how many event points are earned during the global portion of the event)
* Your(Glu's) failure to detect what has happened is likely to lead towards players spending extra gold that they should not have had to spend.

This creates an unethical situation on Glu's end of things: Glu alone can solve this (again, I'm talking pre-match-start here... nobody can reasonably/fairly deal with loss of the connection after the match has started), but Glu gains while the player loses as long as Glu does not deal with the issue fairly.

Please recognize the ethical position this puts you in and prioritize implementing a fix to this. You have more than enough incentive already for people to spend gold, there's no need to cheat people into doing it (even unintentionally, as I'm sure this is).