Options

The Math Doesn't work!

bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts
The event on android this past weekend was remarkable for a number of reasons. It showed the lengths that some cheaters will go to just to see their name on the top of the board, but more incredible was the player that ranked #1.

Here's some math (supported by screenshot if needed):

Player ID - MONGOOSE
With 6 hrs and 34 minutes left, he had a score of 144382

Total available event time: 5366 minutes or 321960 seconds
Assume average points per pvp of 25 makes playing time of 55.8 sec per match

So, MONGOOSE would have had to play continuously, 24x7 with a time of 56 seconds per match - INCLUDING LOADING TIME. Now, with the freezes this game has and the load times of 30-40 secs, that makes this impossible for a 'real' player.

I hope that IOS has been more reasonable for you guys, because it just isn't worth playing any longer on Android...

GLU - DO YOU CARE?

Comments

• Options
    AgentBrovoAgentBrovo Registered Users 15 Posts
    [NOTE:] THREE times I tried responding to your post, and three times the response didn't get posted, and here's my FOURTH and last try.

I noticed the same thing myself, where it would intuitively appear that the top players are scoring impossible scores, but I finally did the math myself and determined they HAVE to be cheating in order to score that high, and would need to spend foolish amounts of money if they were actually spending real money, and that's IF they were actually physically able to stay up 24/7 for 4 days in a row, each and every week.

Here's a breakdown of what would be physically possible given NO time for bathroom breaks, eating, sleeping, or game malfunctions, winning EVERY game every two minutes for a straight 4 days.

Number of two minute intervals in 96 hours = (30 (two minute intervals per hour) * 96) = 2880

25 (Max number of points per game) * 2880 = 72000

Yet, we see players with 22,000 points even within the first 24 hours, where the max possible would be (72,000 total possible points per event / 4 days per event) = 18,000 points.

And to score 72,000 points, that'd cost (2880 games / 3 per purchase) * 20 coins = 19,200 coins, and at $100 per 3500, that'd be a cost of $549.

Are there really people out there that rich and that dumb who'd spend that sort of money each and every weekend to "win", and to have to play 24/7 with no time to eat or sleep?

I think there are people who've hacked the game and have some sort of automated program which gives them a "win" every minute or so, and most likely they've hacked the gold requirements as well.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Well to answer a few questions posted here with some bullet points regarding scoring:

(1) There are definitely many players who are willing to spend thousands of $$$ per Global Event. $500 is pocket change.

(2) Your assuming that a single individual is doing ALL of the scoring.

(3) Your assuming that the player in question is using his thumbs on a handheld. Do you really believe that someone with a thousand dollar / week gaming budget is using his cell phone?

(4) Scoring a win every minute is within the realm of possibility since most battles last 30 seconds or less.

(5) Even if they were cheating, what do you care? You will never be competing with this player for anything at all.

While I will agree that, in the very least, scoring 100,000 or more AP is simply "lunacy", it falls far short of conclusively stating that they are cheating in some way, although instincts might suggest otherwise. I refer to them as "lunatics".

A more simplistic equation is 96 * 60 * 25 = 144,000 AP ... this is the "true" practical maximum scoring total possible, I would think (give or take). When you start factoring in bathroom or cigarette breaks, you're essentially justifying your preconceived conclusions; purely speculative.

It's not what you suspect but what you can prove.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Well to answer a few questions posted here with some bullet points regarding scoring:

(1) There are definitely many players who are willing to spend thousands of $$$ per Global Event. $500 is pocket change.

(2) Your assuming that a single individual is doing ALL of the scoring.

(3) Your assuming that the player in question is using his thumbs on a handheld. Do you really believe that someone with a thousand dollar / week gaming budget is using his cell phone?

(4) Scoring a win every minute is within the realm of possibility since most battles last 30 seconds or less.

(5) Even if they were cheating, what do you care? You will never be competing with this player for anything at all.

While I will agree that, in the very least, scoring 100,000 or more AP is simply "lunacy", it falls far short of conclusively stating that they are cheating in some way, although instincts might suggest otherwise. I refer to them as "lunatics".

A more simplistic equation is 96 * 60 * 25 = 144,000 AP ... this is the "true" practical maximum scoring total possible, I would think (give or take). When you start factoring in bathroom or cigarette breaks, you're essentially justifying your preconceived conclusions; purely speculative.

It's not what you suspect but what you can prove.

You got to be joking, right?

Being that this game gives no real life reward, and there are MANY first person shooter games on Android that are a LOT better, I SERIOUSLY doubt a person with thousands of bucks to blow each week would bother on this or similar games.

In fact, if they had a truly serious budget as you allege, they wouldn't be playing on an Android device, they'd be playing on a maxed out high end gaming machine with top notch video cards in SLI, playing the latest games with a game controller, virtual goggles, the works.

And people with that sort of money wouldn't be playing ANY game 24 hours a day for 4 days straight, where they'd be doing much more interesting things than "winning" a game that doesn't reward them with real money, no matter HOW "cool" the game was.

It takes almost a half minute to go through the selection process and load time. So you're telling me that it's possible to play non-stop for four days in a row, winning a game in roughly 30 seconds, never losing, never experiencing a game crash, and never eating.

Do you think we're all little kids here?

With 2000 coins I finished in the top 30 once, I actually got into the Gold League that weekend, but I only had a little over the GL threshold, in the upper 8000's, and I played it to a point I didn't do much else for much of that weekend (and most of the day on Thursday and Friday, into the early morning hours from midday).

As another poster mentioned, there are reportedly people cloning devices using the IMEI numbers of their pals, and most likely using automated hacks which give them a win each 60 seconds or so. I doubt they'd be using their own money for such antics.

Just as an example, let's take a look into the first few hours of this week's global event.

Time Left: 3D 15H 51M 52S

Rank Event Points
    1 12221
    2 10921

Lets' just look at the first place player.

There's 3600 seconds in an hour (60s/m*60m/h)

So, let's look at the number of elapsed seconds;

First, determine the time in elapsed hours
    (24h -15h) * 3600s/h = 9h * 3600s/h = 32400s

Then, sum the seconds in the partial hour and subtract them from the elapsed time in hours
    (60m - 51m) * 3600s/h = 540s
    540s + (60s - 52s) = 548s

32400s - 548s = 31852s

Then, look at the minimum number of games, ignoring start up scores for win streaks less than 7.

12221/25 = 489 games

Ok, so now divide the number of seconds elapsed by the minimum number of games played...

31852s/489 games = 65 seconds per game

I call BS on that. Playing beyond the very beginning tiers, it takes longer than that to load, play, and complete short range games, unless you have some serious hacks which give you instant kills and no loss of health when shot.

Long range games might take 40 seconds of game play, but there's still the selection, load, and end game delays.

[Just timed a short range game, and between the load time and game play, it took 1 minute 45 seconds, with almost 30 seconds of it in load time.]

But sure, if you have multiple people playing with the same account ID (cloned obviously), just to say they "won", I guess it'd be possible to score that high over 4 days in some sort of attempt just to say they "did it", but I can't see that happening EACH and EVERY week.

Being that the person currently in the top position is at level 70, thus has VERY low health, yet has primary weapons rated at level 14, he should be LOSING all his games, and he most certainly would NOT be winning every 60 seconds, where even at level 110 playing a tier 12 defense with level 11.5 weapons is NOT a cakewalk; it takes skill and time, where it's necessary to wait for the opportunity to take shots, and taking the time to duck and maneuver.

Oh and BTW, I can and have won games in less than a minute playing the Long Range games, although the Short Range games take longer due to the need to duck, cover, and wait. I've sped it up a bit (not caring if I get hit, just used medkits) when an event (be it gold, silver, or bronze events) is coming to a close and I need to score faster than the person (or people) I'm tied with, and have won those races. But no, you're not going to convince me that a real person can do that for 96 hours straight, nor even more than an hour or two without needing to take a break. And in the virtually astronomical chance that there ARE people who really DO play for that long, non-stop, winning at Mission Impossible Rogue Nation every 60 seconds for 4 days straight, they seriously need to find a life, and most likely need to get some professional help.
  • Options
    "(4) Scoring a win every minute is within the realm of possibility since most battles last 30 seconds or less."

Less than 30 seconds is practically impossible unless you have infinite health and weapon power, just to go through the motions, unless you're playing a seriously mismatched battle.

Playing a low power defense in short range revenge games(eg. 120 power) using a 495 power heavy weapon ( or even my 321 power assault rifle), sure I can zip through them in a very short time, didn't count the seconds, but it might have been around 20 or so, maybe a bit less.

But those games are the exceptions, not the norm. And don't forget about the ever present game crashes resetting the win streak to 0.

So I think you're blowing smoke about what you claim.
  • Options
    AgentBrovo wrote: »
    "(4) Scoring a win every minute is within the realm of possibility since most battles last 30 seconds or less."

Less than 30 seconds is practically impossible unless you have infinite health and weapon power, just to go through the motions, unless you're playing a seriously mismatched battle.

Playing a low power defense in short range revenge games(eg. 120 power) using a 495 power heavy weapon ( or even my 321 power assault rifle), sure I can zip through them in a very short time, didn't count the seconds, but it might have been around 20 or so, maybe a bit less.

But those games are the exceptions, not the norm. And don't forget about the ever present game crashes resetting the win streak to 0.

So I think you're blowing smoke about what you claim.

I undoubtedly appreciate your calculations and eventually you will find that the truth definitely lies in the numbers. No one playing this game can appreciate THAT more than I can. There are times when the simple and most obvious are closer to the truth than you realize. Invest in analyzing power ratings and defense tiers instead of how many battles a single player can fight.

There's no smoke here ... there are players who typically spend thousands on this game, believe me. And yes, these high rollers are using gaming rigs, not just tablets OR cell phones and in case you were not aware, you can run Android on a PC or server.

I cannot compete with someone who can spend 8,000-10K a month on a video game and neither should you.

Anyone that's any good at this game will win a battle in roughly 15-20 seconds most of the time. The harder battles may last 60 seconds, but in the heat of battle you learn to recognize those battles up front and avoid them.

All of my battles are against max'd out defenses; no easy fights for me; or should I say ... they are all easy fights regardless of the opponent.

I use the same weapons every average (current) player uses; no "super" weapons for me either.

I can personally string 400-500 wins in a Global, without a single crash. Crashes are typically due to your device being inadequate to play this game and NOT the game itself. That being said, MIRN is relatively new and may contain many bugs yet to be addressed. I have not seen a game crash in weeks.

Call them savants, geniuses, idiots, lunatics, even hacks ... whatever you want. The bottom line is that YOU will never compete with them for anything at all, so the question remains ... why do you care?

Once you answer and get past that question, you will be able to succeed at playing this game.
  • Options
    I undoubtedly appreciate your calculations and eventually you will find that the truth definitely lies in the numbers. No one playing this game can appreciate THAT more than I can. There are times when the simple and most obvious are closer to the truth than you realize. Invest in analyzing power ratings and defense tiers instead of how many battles a single player can fight.

I've performed some analysis alright, and it's obvious that there are cheaters ruining this game. A person with a Tier 3 level of health CAN NOT defeat a Tier 12 defense, yet as I speak there's a dude in Bronze League who was "winning" a game each minute or so starting sometime after 11:45 EST up to 14:10 EST and racked up 100 points (50 wins). I'm not sure the exact time he started as I signed out of the game at 11:45 where there were only 3 players at the time, myself included, with one other person at 0 points and one at 6. However, from about 13:50 EST to 14:10 EST I watched him go from 70 points to 100 points in the space of 20 minutes, averaging a win each 1.3 minutes. He had a power level of 46 (corresponding to a Tier 3 health level) yet had 12.5 rated primary weapons, which would have placed him in matches against Tier 12 or even 13 rated defenses. In other words, it was BLATANTLY impossible, where in reality he should have been losing every game against those defense tiers with his low health levels.
    There's no smoke here ... there are players who typically spend thousands on this game, believe me. And yes, these high rollers are using gaming rigs, not just tablets OR cell phones and in case you were not aware, you can run Android on a PC or server.

Uh huh.

A) Unless you work for Glu, you have NO idea how much people actually spend.
    B) Anybody who spends that sort of money on this or any other game that doesn't reward success with actual cash is insane.
    C) It'd be foolish to use a true "gaming rig" when this game is designed for a hand held device, where there are actual games that provide intense immersion in a virtual environment such as Crysis, Battlefield 2: Bad Company, just as examples of some OLDER games that I run on my own PC which I built myself back in 2007.
    D) The only way to run this game on a PC is to install an Android emulator, as this game is not designed to run on a PC, and as far as I know there would be zero advantage of running it on anything other than a handheld device.
    I cannot compete with someone who can spend 8,000-10K a month on a video game and neither should you.

I think the "competion" is hacking not just the game in terms of using a bot of some type to "play", but is hacking gold. Just look up "hack GLU games" and you'll see a plethora of examples out there claiming to do exactly that.
    Anyone that's any good at this game will win a battle in roughly 15-20 seconds most of the time.

The harder battles may last 60 seconds {...}

Pure BS. Have you actually PLAYED this game, or do you work for the GLU "damage control" department? I've played this game since June or July of last year (shortly after it came out), and have played MANY harder and more difficult games than this. To win in 15 seconds in THIS game, you'd have to be hacking or be playing in a VERY mismatched battle, where your virtual opponent is 2 defensive tiers or more underpowered in relation to your weapons. Typical long range matches take an average of 45 seconds, not including load time, and short range matches average around 75 seconds, sometimes taking longer depending on if you're playing a higher rated defense than your health level and weapons ratings.

I can personally string 400-500 wins in a Global, without a single crash. Crashes are typically due to your device being inadequate to play this game and NOT the game itself. That being said, MIRN is relatively new and may contain many bugs yet to be addressed. I have not seen a game crash in weeks.

Well then you must not be playing on the intended platform. I play on a Samsung Galaxy S6, which a top of the line Android device in case you weren't aware. It's has 64 GB of storage, and I play on a 50 mbit/sec Internet connection with a dual band WIFI router that allows me to have full 50 mbit/sec bandwidth from my device. Are you playing on a GLU dev machine running a test application which SIMULATES a "real" player?
    Call them savants, geniuses, idiots, lunatics, even hacks ... whatever you want. The bottom line is that YOU will never compete with them for anything at all, so the question remains ... why do you care?

I call them cheaters, and I doubt they actually "play" the game. In fact, I'd say it's quite possible they are automated bots set up to have REAL people attempt to chase a carrot on a stick so to speak, where people keep trying to catch up with a program that will "score" well beyond what any human being could possibly do, thus goading them into spending money foolishly in an attempt to place within the top 10 in a global event.

Once you answer and get past that question, you will be able to succeed at playing this game.

Why do I care? I care because I HAD been spending MY money to try to "win" this game in the past, but have finally realized the folly of doing so. For what reason a person would feel the need to cheat at this game, I don't know, as the only pleasure this game affords is the sense of accomplishment one gets from TRULY "beating" an opponent fair and square.

Perhaps GLU has set up these bots to do as I alluded to earlier, that is to lure REAL players to spend money in an attempt to "keep up or catch up" in the events. If so, shame on them.
  • Options
    AgentBrovo wrote: »
    Perhaps GLU has set up these bots to do as I alluded to earlier, that is to lure REAL players to spend money in an attempt to "keep up or catch up" in the events. If so, shame on them.

You're getting there ... every battle you fight is against a "bot", I refer to them as spooks (some are strong, some are weak) ... ignore them and do your thing.

The only real sense of achievement is in spending billions of diamonds (crystals) ...
    ... that is all, there is nothing more.

Of course you must like "shooting" things, else you wouldn't be playing at all.

The illusion is that you're actually fighting and competing against another player; NOTHING could be further from the truth.

If there is any competition at all, it is in how much money you can spend. Forum Members openly discuss the huge amounts expended on GLU games ... look around and you'll be shocked, I'm sure.

Samsung is one of the most problematic devices for a simple reason, Samsung has customized their device's software (including Android) to the point, that as a gaming device for MIRN/CKS/et al, it falls far short.

Most people reporting problems on Android are using Samsung devices; you're just yet another and are a close 2nd only to those using Apple devices.

Google, LG and HTC are the best devices for MIRN/CKS type games and function flawlessly.

I've been accused of many things, but NEVER of working for GLU ... that's definitely a first LMAO.

Keep Digging ...