Options

PVP Game Strategy (at early stages) playing on IOS

2Next

Comments

• Options
    NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
    NK14 wrote: »
    After a week of playing the game, I can now safely say it's a clone of Contract Killer Sniper.
    There are a few things different here and there (aesthetics mainly) but 95% of it, it's the same.

The only genuinely new things are the stealth quests and the fact that having the drones from day 1 is a game changer. I've noticed that the drone is not just a follower but in many cases the leader of the gang.
    Healing, bombing, suppressing opponents down, scouting, shielding etc is for me what Scottie Pippen was for the Bulls!

PVP is the heart of the game. The sooner we get it, the better.
    In order to be successful in PVP we need a few things.
    1) Crystals: Therefore we always should (A) upgrade base economy first and (B) play PVP! It is very very expensive at early stages so those revenges might come in handy now.
    2) Health: Upgrade player health right after economy and play the quests/contracts in order to level up and gain health points (plus some golds, OK)
    3) A decent drone: At least for now, 3rd thing to upgrade is my drone (until power 800 & 1000 to equip the drone parts)
    4) Getting the "right" opponent in PVP: The match making system is "probably" based on weapon power and base power. Therefore you don't want to have weapons way above your base or else you'll get paired with superior opponents. FOR NOW, , with TIER 4 being the max you can get, I'm sure I'm OK with my weapons being lower rated than my base and drone.
    5) Have the right weaponry: Weapons is more or less an one way street. The game leads your way with weapons, so just follow it. Always remember point #4 though.
    6) Have the right equipment: Medkits are something you really want to have ONLY IN THE CASE where the prize (ie crystals) is worth it. If you're seconds before you're dirt and the prize is significant, use the medkit. If not, don't.
    7) Deep pockets! Who cares about strategy if you have deep pockets, right? I don't so if you do not also, I hope it was helpful.

See you around.

Two months later, not much have changed.
    We are now offered a 6th level base and 6* weaponry.
    Unfortunately drones and drone parts are still restricted to power 5760 and 1000 respectively.
    Even if you max out your machine gun or your rocket launcher, the damage you get is minimum compared to level 60 troops or the damage your guns induce.
    I hope GLU will soon release higher level drone parts
    You will go where you look at...
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    Two months later, not much have changed.
    We are now offered a 6th level base and 6* weaponry.
    Unfortunately drones and drone parts are still restricted to power 5760 and 1000 respectively.
    Even if you max out your machine gun or your rocket launcher, the damage you get is minimum compared to level 60 troops or the damage your guns induce.
    I hope GLU will soon release higher level drone parts

I, too, am hoping that GLU will be releasing higher level drone parts and releasing the next drone level. But, since I have been dragging my feet on upgrading my level, right now it is only level 42, I have been quite happy with my almost fully upgrade drone. I have been staying at level 42 because the PVP battle only costs 55 crystals and right now the average vault that I can draw is right around a 1500 crystal payback.

Healing Ray, Machine Gun and Rocket Launcher are all level 15. Shield Generator is currently at level 8.

The Rocket Launcher will 1 hit most level 60 Rocket Elites, Sniper Elites and 2 hit most level 60 Special Forces. The Machine Gun takes at most 3 times to take out the level 60 troops. I think that the weapon cool down times is what is most important. The Machine Gun has a cool down of 8.6 seconds (fires 7 times a minute) and the Rocket Launcher is 12.9 seconds (4 rockets a minute).

I can concentrate on taking out the sentries while the drone is reeking havoc on the rest. A lot of the time my strategy is to take out everything but the juggernaut and then remain under cover while the healing ray recharges my health. Right now at level 42, I have 21,620 health. The healing ray heals me for 1919 health (appr 9%) every 23 seconds. So ducking for a little over 1 minute, I can recover almost 40% of my health (really saves on Med Kits).

At this point, I will take out the juggernaut and then defeat the final wave. Once the drone is taken out, it is a piece of cake. The only time that I have a problem is when the Rocket Elite is placed far away from the drone location. I have to spend a lot of time trying to avoid the 2 rockets being fired at me and not being able to fire my weapon as much as I would like.

Also, at Level 42, at least 1/2 of the battles are fought against mid level 50 troops, which helps immensely.

Now if the game would not crash to the desktop, I would be able to finish upgrading the Shield Generator and I would be ready for the higher level drones, whenever GLU gets around to releasing it.
  • Options
    NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
    concerned wrote: »
    I, too, am hoping that GLU will be releasing higher level drone parts and releasing the next drone level. But, since I have been dragging my feet on upgrading my level, right now it is only level 42, I have been quite happy with my almost fully upgrade drone. I have been staying at level 42 because the PVP battle only costs 55 crystals and right now the average vault that I can draw is right around a 1500 crystal payback.

Healing Ray, Machine Gun and Rocket Launcher are all level 15. Shield Generator is currently at level 8.

The Rocket Launcher will 1 hit most level 60 Rocket Elites, Sniper Elites and 2 hit most level 60 Special Forces. The Machine Gun takes at most 3 times to take out the level 60 troops. I think that the weapon cool down times is what is most important. The Machine Gun has a cool down of 8.6 seconds (fires 7 times a minute) and the Rocket Launcher is 12.9 seconds (4 rockets a minute).

I can concentrate on taking out the sentries while the drone is reeking havoc on the rest. A lot of the time my strategy is to take out everything but the juggernaut and then remain under cover while the healing ray recharges my health. Right now at level 42, I have 21,620 health. The healing ray heals me for 1919 health (appr 9%) every 23 seconds. So ducking for a little over 1 minute, I can recover almost 40% of my health (really saves on Med Kits).

At this point, I will take out the juggernaut and then defeat the final wave. Once the drone is taken out, it is a piece of cake. The only time that I have a problem is when the Rocket Elite is placed far away from the drone location. I have to spend a lot of time trying to avoid the 2 rockets being fired at me and not being able to fire my weapon as much as I would like.

Also, at Level 42, at least 1/2 of the battles are fought against mid level 50 troops, which helps immensely.

Now if the game would not crash to the desktop, I would be able to finish upgrading the Shield Generator and I would be ready for the higher level drones, whenever GLU gets around to releasing it.

That's an excellent analysis man. KUDOS!
    You will go where you look at...
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    That's an excellent analysis man. KUDOS!

Thanks, NK.

Now there might be hope for the performance issues. Yesterday in CKS, a new version was released and while all of the performance issues have not been completely fixed, I thin that the game is much more playable now. The game play is quite similar to when drones were first release. The video lag is almost gone and what is left is at least workable.