Options

This game looks like a sham of EW3

ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
Sham as in a good game. EW3 was a good game, until they raised the cap level, created the ice Kingdom, and become too greedy with their rune fusions.

I want to try this game out, but Glu has the same patterns for every game.

Make it look cool, have fun for the first few hours, make it impossible to progress without paying.

What are your opinions of this game right now? I played EW3 for 8 months, but then it went from one of the better RPGs to some degenerative P.O.S.

This game has the same elements, and Glu never changes their business methods. F***en scammers.

Comments

• Options
    KingJohnKingJohn Registered Users 4 Posts
    I think once Glu adds a couple new features, like co-op activities and more things with guilds, then this game will have more depth and cool things to do.

Although, with a P2W game, the expierence will differ from players who play freely, and payers.
    "To be, or not to--wait what?"
  • Options
    MicroravenMicroraven Registered Users 2 Posts
    This game is addictive, that said I dont have an addictive personality so its not a problem for me.

The graphics are good, the gameplay the first few times is good, but then it gets repetitive farming.

The tournaments are the saving grace at the moment, the only guild related thing, this game needs more guild related activities.

There are no detailed instructions, thats not good. New players play directly against pros, thats not good either. The difference is monstrous already and the game is only a few months old. The game is also a data hog, burning 500MB/day, thats pretty unacceptable.
  • Options
    LanfearLanfear Registered Users 67 Posts
    You can get the best gear without spending gems, it all depends on the drops. Currently though this is not true cause they made the mistake of releasing a higher tier and then removing it so some have it and some dont...and it cant be accessed atm. This is the only time I've seen that you can buy gear, not before and not since. Glu offers free gems with videos and daily rewards, in 20 days you get 60 free gems and with videos you can get quite alot depending on where you live.

I am currently level 48 and I haven't bought gems so far. I am close to having the best gear up to date (disregarding the gear they removed) and I have ranked top 25 several times in the tournaments without having to spend gems. Top 5 is impossible without spending gems but that is not Glu's fault, it all depends on how badly you want the HoF title and the rewards.
  • Options
    BeogardBeogard Registered Users 62 Posts
    Ladder games will always come down to time vs. money. It's what competitive players want, and a gem race is what developers want.

All you get for finishing at the top is bragging rights and slightly better equipment. This game is fully playable without spending money, if you're not willing to support the developers. It'll be fun until the developers get too greedy with their monetization; so far they haven't, IMO.
  • Options
    ThinIceThinIce Registered Users 463 Posts
    Beogard wrote: »
    Ladder games will always come down to time vs. money. It's what competitive players want, and a gem race is what developers want.

All you get for finishing at the top is bragging rights and slightly better equipment. This game is fully playable without spending money, if you're not willing to support the developers. It'll be fun until the developers get too greedy with their monetization; so far they haven't, IMO.

I will have no problem making a micro transaction here and there if said transaction gives me aesthetic pleasure to a given character OR if the item bought is an absolute necessity to the game itself (common example would be item slots).

However, EW3 isn't their only game that fell from a playable stance to a pay-to-progress. There's a mile wide gap between forced transaction and encouraged one. I've spent about twenty bucks on Heroes of Order and Chaos, purely for aesthetics (hero skins). While there is the option to buy expensive heroes over cheap ones, they aren't necessarily made to be better as prices get higher.

I didn't pay a single dime on EW3. It's not that I didn't enjoy the game, cause I did (until they went to s**t). It's cause paying would mean

1: I have an advantage to other players and that defeats the purpose of winning

2: everything was a forced pay; nothing seemed worth buying other than for the reason of progression. Wings sure, pets sure, but I didn't have the patience to grind for 4-5 hours for nian wings, and for the lottery, that brings me to my next point...

3: everything was exorbitant in price. Sure two dollars here, three dollars there, I understand that. But when you greedy b@stards have people spending hundreds and even thousands of dollars over the course of just several weeks just to get one sword or wing, all I have to say to that is gfy.

I'm surprised I got 8 months into that game. That's the longest time I've played a glu gane without deleting it in boredom/frustration. I was a top 100 pvp mage back when connections were stable and prizes were half decent. Guess those days are long gone.

Last message I have is, don't be surprised if this game goes to s**t as well. It's glu, they're rapacious mfers, and in a year, they'll just replace this game with another one. RIP EW3.