Options

Conjurer Rohatyn of Deimos gear availability etc

TheMacTheMac Registered Users 91 Posts
Hey guys,

Quick question for you. Im in a group and we are discussing levelling, gear progression etc. We all know that we do events for tributes and roll for possible legendary gear sets.

However non of us have seen the likes of this weapon on the tributes;

720x960.jpeg.d125228a39a64d50b811740766ea8af6.large

Which leaves us to wonder how it is obtainable, if at all. And are there more of these items out there ?

At first we thought, they only show up once you reach level 50, but then I was told that these are in no way obtainable as they were during beta only.

If the latter is true, a guildie has estimated that we cannot get beyond 9413 roughly compared to the beta players who are 12976 on avg roughly making a whopping difference of 3563 roughly.

So, the question is this. Are they a beta test item only, are we likely to ever see available gear renewed or improved so we could compete during events or are we newer players playing simply doomed with the poorer gear?
Guild: Actives | Platform: IOS | Best Guild Rank: 1st | Recruiting?: Reserve | Click HERE to apply

Comments

• Options
    NathalyNathaly Registered Users 92 Posts
    We do hope that this kind of gear will come back i am lucky i have the barbarian version the celtic labrys of deimos your comment is also valid on the phobos armor set and the complete deimos set if handles could give an answer we would be really glad
  • Options
    SirDiGiTaLSirDiGiTaL Registered Users 627 Posts
    TheMac wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Quick question for you. Im in a group and we are discussing levelling, gear progression etc. We all know that we do events for tributes and roll for possible legendary gear sets.

However non of us have seen the likes of this weapon on the tributes;

720x960.jpeg.d125228a39a64d50b811740766ea8af6.large

Which leaves us to wonder how it is obtainable, if at all. And are there more of these items out there ?

At first we thought, they only show up once you reach level 50, but then I was told that these are in no way obtainable as they were during beta only.

If the latter is true, a guildie has estimated that we cannot get beyond 9413 roughly compared to the beta players who are 12976 on avg roughly making a whopping difference of 3563 roughly.

So, the question is this. Are they a beta test item only, are we likely to ever see available gear renewed or improved so we could compete during events or are we newer players playing simply doomed with the poorer gear?

The Deimos weapon or any other of the T8 gear is not atainable right now no. A hadfull of people where lucky enought to get that weapon during the beta phase thrue the Hephaestus Hammer Tributes where it was available for a cuple of weeks. We have complained a few times also in this forum it is a stupid move of Glu to intriduce a higher Tier for a short amount of time and then remove it but so far they have not readded that Tier.

Yes I'm sure it will be added back one day but who knows when. My guess is at the same time we get an area expansion.
  • Options
    SirDiGiTaL wrote: »
    The Deimos weapon or any other of the T8 gear is not atainable right now no. A hadfull of people where lucky enought to get that weapon during the beta phase thrue the Hephaestus Hammer Tributes where it was available for a cuple of weeks. We have complained a few times also in this forum it is a stupid move of Glu to intriduce a higher Tier for a short amount of time and then remove it but so far they have not readded that Tier.

Yes I'm sure it will be added back one day but who knows when. My guess is at the same time we get an area expansion.

Ahh, so thats how the items came about.

I do agree its a pretty naff move, because it means that there are a certain number of people who will have an easier time to dominate the top of the event leader boards. If they all happen to be in the same few guilds, it then makes it increasingly hard for anyone else to get close to aim for stuff like the Anvil tribute.

I personally hope its not left too long, and I hope more that if new gear is released it is then ON PAR with those items, if not superior.
    Guild: Actives | Platform: IOS | Best Guild Rank: 1st | Recruiting?: Reserve | Click HERE to apply
  • Options
    Yes, Handles could you please try to get an insight on what the plan is here with the removed Tier 8 gear? How can Glu think it is a fair idea to remove an already introduced higher Tier.
    If it was only like a Christmas special item that only looks different, then it´s normal and acceptable. But to completely remove the possibility to get a superior Tier after some people already got it is, excuse me but plain stupid. Especially now when the new players from Global release are starting to reach top gear and realize they are competing vs some people with superior gear they can’t get. Only this fact might loose you alot of players.
  • Options
    Sos1980Sos1980 Registered Users 198 Posts
    No I think they should keep it as it is we don't need these top weapons just introduce the Phobos armour again
  • Options
    Boss trying to make kome mad or to keep your edge? ;)
  • Options
    Sos1980 wrote: »
    we don't need these top weapons

Then make them unusuable in events or delete all of them :p
  • Options
    YouNerfedItYouNerfedIt Registered Users 47 Posts
    No I think they should keep it as it is we don't need these top weapons just introduce the Phobos armour again

Hows roman going? With his hacking you may not have even qualified to get the items. You are using gears based on fraud.
  • Options
    Without paying for gems you cannot reach the hammer offerings which was used to get the t8 weapon.nerf thing is if you were a decent player or someone sees as sensible and not coming up with stupid comments all day long people may listen to you and Roman2277 is not in a top 5 guild at all so take it up with his guild leader
  • Options
    Without paying for gems you cannot reach the hammer offerings which was used to get the t8 weapon.

And im sure many of us have done just this only to discover (or some maybe not as yet) that the weapon is obtainable and instead your given one that you get for free from the prometheus tributes anyway (Emp tributes too I think).

So im sorry but seeing you asking for nothing to be changed because a few players wish to remain "Special" doesnt fly.

A unique skin for being a Beta tester, yes ok thats cool. But to have and keep hold of stuff (like the weapon) that has 1000 GS over the next closest is a little too much dont you think.
  • Options
    Lol why dont you understand he was joking about the weapon? And trust me the deimos wep or ring or amu was obtainable ONLY by hammers
  • Options
    mac it's a joke I want it back as I need it for my gladiator and warlock but most players don't know it was available also in vip offerings as well for 12000 gems which a few players did.dont knock us as we have worked hard to get where we was and if there was a case of any reward for testing its not true as the game was available to everyone but just had to change App Store to get it
  • Options
    Ah you see. To me it was in no way obvious you were joking.

I have met plenty of characters like that though, who get that little edge and they will shout, whine, kick and scream to keep their little edge.
    Naturally I assumed it was another such instance, so my apologies.

But saying that 12k VIP points to get such a weapon is still too way out there. I mean given especially as there is only a limited capacity in which to spend gems, until you get to the point where your spending them simply to use them up instead of them providing anything remotely useful :/ (I mean this within a 4 day capacity instead of gameplay over all).
  • Options
    How do you think you can win an event? Gems all the way lol some of us have hundreds of aether potions in reserve that we bought just to get hammers yeah its bad that they removed it we wish they will bring it back soon and introduce new levels time will tell
  • Options
    Nathaly wrote: »
    How do you think you can win an event? Gems all the way lol some of us have hundreds of aether potions in reserve that we bought just to get hammers yeah its bad that they removed it we wish they will bring it back soon and introduce new levels time will tell

So your saying the only way to win an event (just speaking about 1 single event) you need to spend over 12k gems (thats 4x the 3200 gems package so $400, or whatever your currency is) ?

Cause fromw hat I understood sos to have said was that the 3600GS weapon was only available to those who spent 12k gems on the VIp ladder. As far as im aware the VIP is only active and present during an event. After which time it is reset.
    So I under SOS to have said you had to have spent 12k gems within 4 days.

I mean 12k gems gives 571 Aether pots. Although using these pots is needed to get top top top rankings, I hardly doubt you need to use close to 600 each and every single event.
  • Options
    Unless off course during Beta it was a lifetime VIP membership system instead of per event ?
  • Options
    Unless off course during Beta it was a lifetime VIP membership system instead of per event ?

No the 12k for the 3600GS weapon was as you first assumed during one VIP lasting for 4 days or what ever it is. Some got the weapon there, and some got it later from the hammer tributes. Spending 12k during one tour is not anything unusual trying to get gold medallions since one 10x spin is 900 gems.
    And even when the gold meddalions and souls are in hand, spending a few k gems just on energy potions on a single Tour isn't unusuall eaither.
  • Options
    SirDiGiTaL wrote: »
    No the 12k for the 3600GS weapon was as you first assumed during one VIP lasting for 4 days or what ever it is. Some got the weapon there, and some got it later from the hammer tributes. Spending 12k during one tour is not anything unusual trying to get gold medallions since one 10x spin is 900 gems.
    And even when the gold meddalions and souls are in hand, spending a few k gems just on energy potions on a single Tour isn't unusuall eaither.

Ok, I thought people spending $100 PER EVENT were insane. But $400 per event..... Why not pay someone to develop a new game for you permanently placing you first ?

Would probably work out cheaper inthe long run lol.
  • Options
    Ok, I thought people spending $100 PER EVENT were insane. But $400 per event..... Why not pay someone to develop a new game for you permanently placing you first ?

Would probably work out cheaper inthe long run lol.

Haha not really :p

Well alot of the top players (most in my Guild) are +30. Meaning old enought to have well payed jobs. When I spend that amount of money on a game my reason is, it´s not unusuall spending 100-300$/night going out partying just for a few hours. I got a wife and two kids now so I don't party that often any more. So if I enjoy a game and I know I will play it for long then I don't mind spending that amount on it.

So if you play it alot and see it as an entertainment then it´s not that much per hour. Then there is some people that just have to much money for their own good and just don't care ;o
  • Options
    Same here good career two kids need something to relax and doesn't go out a lot 500$ nights out were usual for me so not that bad to put it on a game
  • Options
    $400 on a night out ?

You guys must be bankers, normal civi's drink beer not $100 bottles of champ and strawberries :)
  • Options
    BeogardBeogard Registered Users 62 Posts
    This "normal civi" used to spend $200+ on nights out. Maybe you're just cheaper / smarter with money / less in love with having a good time than the rest of us.

$200 on a game night won't buy you any crazy stories, but entertainment is entertainment.

OT: pulling T8 was stupid and unfair. But hey, no one was impressed when Glu pulled most IIF, either, and we're still all here. If players are still buying gems it can't be that bad, right?

You'd think Glu would see more VIP action if they put T8 back in, though.