Options

Too much animation on Manticore ?

TheMacTheMac Registered Users 91 Posts
I realise you want to make teh game visually pleasing, but as a warlock trying to compete in what seem to be a set of barbaress friendly events (ive done all 5 and all seem to favour barb) im finding that the animation on teh flaming Manticore doesnt allow me to see what they spit some flaming ***** at me ?

Typically when one spawns youd expect to hit and daze it or stun it. Instead one spawn and I get hit. So I change it up and wait, and then I get hit still, then they pounce, teleport.

I think if the animation on manticores flame innards were perhaps turned down by 60% or so, it might make for an easier time for those of us not in the advantagous position of being able to sit on the side lines and DPS.
Guild: Actives | Platform: IOS | Best Guild Rank: 1st | Recruiting?: Reserve | Click HERE to apply

Comments

• Options
    NathalyNathaly Registered Users 92 Posts
    You mad mac? We told you barb was the best and just saying.....santanera plays warlock and he won several events he is an extremely good player
  • Options
    TheMacTheMac Registered Users 91 Posts
    Nathaly wrote: »
    You mad mac? We told you barb was the best and just saying.....santanera plays warlock and he won several events he is an extremely good player

Why would I be mad ?

I am perplexed maybe. I am experiencing one of the following scenarios

1. I run and hit them when they spawn (elites this is) at which point they insta do 50% of my health
    2. I wait until they spawned, but then they either teleport or spit their ball s of fire at me, which when you have 3 of them, is impossible to avoid.
    3. I stand central and do void zone (90% if my health insta vanishes)
    4. I get close and do mind blast and again around 70ish % of my health is removed before I even begin.

So with my very best intentions im struggling to make ground.

I know you said Barb was best for anything, and yeah part of my post is to say that things should be a little more balanced all 3 instead of heavily weighted towards 1.

But nothing about my post, I dont think, could be deemed as me being mad ?

As a side note though, ive wasted more Aether than id like to have so far this event, so i cannot see myself using any further gems or aether, pointless and fruitless imho lol.

(Who knew that the word ball s was censored. I feel sorry for anyone talking about the plural football term. PS the gap was intentional, else it would be censored again).
    Guild: Actives | Platform: IOS | Best Guild Rank: 1st | Recruiting?: Reserve | Click HERE to apply
  • Options
    I was kidding mac the point of my post was that santanera could answer your question he works his warlock like a champ him or my guild mate sg
  • Options
    LanfearLanfear Registered Users 67 Posts
    Hit them until you see that they react from their stun (yes you can control several manticores by hitting once and then go to the next one). When they react you insta-teleport BEHIND them because unlike other dragonkins (onyxia, Nightbane and other WoW dragons I like to refer to) their tail doesnt hurt you, even if the animations would make you think that. Standing right behind a Manticore is perfectly safe and it gives you the time to attack after their attack.
    You have to time your Void Zone because once they have started to attack there is no stopping them. So a poorly timed VZ will just make them reach you when they really couldn't before. A well timed VZ combined with mind blast (that is if you have the time to activate it) is a killer-combo. Or use VZ and teleport behind an elite if you can (because of the VP) THEN use Mind Blast. This will give you time to move in place and do a more well planned kill with less hazard. As I have noticed Mind Blast seem to spread to nearby monsters so because they are gathered with Void Zone the chances that you will do a multiple kill is pretty high.
  • Options
    JarethJareth Registered Users 14 Posts
    i use Warlock and what I try to do is hit them from the side or behind, teleport around them, nail them until their little paw stomping and flames animation, then teleport away until paw stomping stops, then teleport again and come in from side or behind again. And when I use my skills, immediately following either I instantly teleport out of their midst because they are always enough to take the manticores down to their little fit.
  • Options
    Hope those two helped you mac!!! Didnt mantion them but i take good note of their methods for when i will play my lock!!
  • Options
    psyhighpsyhigh Registered Users 49 Posts
    I play warlock as well, mostly because I see awesome players playing as barbaress so I want to play as an underdog. Even with 57xx GS I'm struggling in the events, while the other two classes at the same GS manage to rake in 10x the amount of VP.

There are definitely some sync issues both with the mobs and the warlock; the animations don't line up to when damage will be dealt/. As well the hitbox for the manticore don't line up to how close you can walk to the mob before getting hit, meaning that during times when I can damage the manticore I can't as all my skills are still counting down and my weapon does not have enough reach.

-- Edit
    I generally farm Normal V as it's the only one I can consistently get 800~1000 VP per round, while anything harder the amount of incoming GS fluctuates and the average ends up being lower than farming on Normal V.
    BGI IGN: LiQuiDDiGitZ Android | Guild: EXPERIENCED | Level 48 Warlock 10577 GS