Options

Possible way to deal with cheaters

psyhighpsyhigh Registered Users 49 Posts
Hey, as everyone knows, games running the Unity engine on mobike platforms, iOS and Android mainly, the games are very vulnerable to cheaters.

In many games the way to deal with cheaters is to ban the phone identity from connecting, wiping/removing characters, etc. But, there is another way which may entice people to not try cheats or keep cheaters in their place.

During events and tournaments, give cheaters their own ladder to rise on. Combine iOS and Android, if possible, and don't include them in legit ladders. If a guild contains cheaters, only count their VP towards the cheater ladders and not the legit, if there legit players in that guild.

I am assuming that much of this game resides on SQL-based databases, or even Oracle. If this is the case, add two columns to each character account: Cheater [True/False], Reason[String[]]. Using functions you build into the database, when a lookup on VP happens, use the cheater field to see if the ladder returned to the user is going to be legit or cheater. As well, when doing a recursive lookup on users in guilds to add VP, check the cheater field and if it equals that of the user then it will add/display the results.

The concept with this is cheaters do not affect those of us that do not cheat, and also gives them less incentive on trying to get around bans/resets/cheat-blocks.

Just a thought, and I hope the BGI developers and other Glu developers consider this option in the on-going war with cheaters.

That is all,
PsyHigh//LiQuiDDiGitZ
BGI IGN: LiQuiDDiGitZ Android | Guild: EXPERIENCED | Level 48 Warlock 10577 GS

Comments

• Options
    annonannon Registered Users 128 Posts
    ummmmmm......ok
    But how kill cyclop?
  • Options
    annon wrote: »
    ummmmmm......ok
    But how kill cyclop?

Kill him by flashing him, he's not used to seeing stuff like that. It stuns him and gives you an opportunity to do what you need or want to -_^
  • Options
    HandlesHandles Registered Users 911 Posts
    psyhigh wrote: »
    Kill him by flashing him, he's not used to seeing stuff like that. It stuns him and gives you an opportunity to do what you need or want to -_^

That's terrible. Also I will pas your suggestion on to the Dev team.
  • Options
    SmoothJKSmoothJK Registered Users 19 Posts
    Are you assuming it's obvious who the cheaters are? Because I see people on this forum and in-game who accuse guild mates of mine of cheating all the time. I know these players are legit and they are just good, buy gems, and are on constantly.

Maybe Glu can recognize it better on their end, but as for the rest of the community, I'd say their cheater radars are laughably inaccurate.
  • Options
    SmoothJK wrote: »
    Are you assuming it's obvious who the cheaters are? Because I see people on this forum and in-game who accuse guild mates of mine of cheating all the time. I know these players are legit and they are just good, buy gems, and are on constantly.

Maybe Glu can recognize it better on their end, but as for the rest of the community, I'd say their cheater radars are laughably inaccurate.

This is for the obvious cheaters; extremly low GS with a crazy amount of VP.