Options

Top Charts - Singles not appearing information and resolution.

GluJennGluJenn Registered Users 80 Posts
I wanted to thank you for your patience while we investigated a tricky issue with the Top Charts that began on Friday, June 3rd. A fix for the Top Charts has been released and should function normally again. Most players will be restored to previous settings but a number of people will still not see their last album on the chart or receive award Ribbons. If your album was not fixed, please send a ticket through the help system if you have not already done so. We will be reviewing these on a case-by-case basis (note: it will take extra time to review all the tickets).

You can submit a ticket by loading the game, clicking the SETTINGS button, then click the SUPPORT button

We take problems like this very seriously and understand this can be a frustrating situation. I want to personally apologize to our players for this mishap and let you know we are putting additional safeguards in place to minimize future disruptions.

Thank you,

GluJenn
Senior Producer/Product Owner – Britney Spears: American Dream

Comments

• Options
    bleepyhbleepyh Registered Users 49 Posts
    Tried to play again my game today having read this advisory. No surprise that still the singles that I make do not chart even though they outsell the singles in the lower half of the charts.

That being said, I think the "fix" that they are trying to tell us that they're doing is merely a way to calm people down. A way of beautifully saying that they are doing something about this but has failed to do fix it.

Regarding sending the ticket thing asking for support, I don't encourage users to get their hopes up hoping for customer service to answer you. Also, I'm here to break it down to you in advance, that even if they answer your questions thru email, here in the forums, or through the ticket option, they are only capable of answering you in VAGUE and CRYPTIC answers. Answers that do not directly solve your problem, but answers that mask the real answer that they can't do anything about your problem. It's sad but true. Heed my warning.

Why am I warning future users who'll submit tickets you ask? Well I submitted my ticket last May 25, 2016. Until now, there is no response whatsoever that is replied to my email or even in the game help option. What day is today? It's June 8, 2016, exactly TWO WEEKS and counting since the submitted ticket. Even if they're gonna respond now, how is it better for future users who'll ask questions knowing that their tickets and questions are going to be responded 2 weeks after or worse, more?

Emailing at support@glu.com yielded somewhat a reply from them, but only after 7 days (1 week) after I submitted an email. And even at that reply, all I got was a vague and unhelpful reply. A screenshot of this is below.

JEsKpxw.jpg

To conclude, I appreciate that GluJenn has personally apologized for these issues, but it really doesn't mask the fact that it's a glitchy and buggy game. Glitchy and buggy games are OK to be released if they don't have voluntary options in the game to use your real money, but in this game's case, people paid for certain features and frankly have yet to see their money's worth. Or worse, not.

Half baked games, are a no-no if real world money is involved.
  • Options
    Hello all, wanted to provide an update with Top Charts. Players that did not have their album restored with yesterday’s fix have now been given a Ribbon reward equal to first place for the Top Chart bracket they were in.These will be available in the in-game Messages section.
  • Options
    LelesLeles Registered Users 46 Posts
    My singles are still not showing in the top chart :/
  • Options
    LelesLeles Registered Users 46 Posts
    I can't even enter the local bracket
  • Options
    If you're still having difficulties with this, please file a help ticket. Go to SETTINGS in your game and then click on SUPPORT. Thanks!
  • Options
    ParisHollywoodParisHollywood Registered Users 42 Posts
    What to do if you have also missed a single, didn't receive those promised ribbons and support isn't answering your support tickets ?
    GameCenter: + --Sven-- +

Stardom: A-List
    Paris
    A-List #1
    85 Million Fans
    Level 16

Stardom: Hollywood
    Paris
    A-List #1
    106 Million Fans
    Level 18

KimK: Hollywood
    Paris
    A-List #40
    222 Million Fans
    A-List Couple #Not Ranked yet
    Level 25

Kendall&Kylie
    Paris
    A-List #1
    31 Million Fans
    Level 21

BritneyS: AD (STAR ID: NZ5X7X5Q)
    Paris
    A-List #126
    30M Fans
    Level 15
    Hollywood Exclusive Record Label
    16 Members

Nicki Minaj: The Empire
    Coming Soon
  • Options
    What to do if you have also missed a single, didn't receive those promised ribbons and support isn't answering your support tickets ?

Then they screwed you over again ParisHollywood. They always say that they've compensated players with faulty games but haven't delivered yet. I don't think you'll be hearing from them anytime soon.
  • Options
    ParisHollywoodParisHollywood Registered Users 42 Posts
    bleepyh wrote: »
    Then they screwed you over again ParisHollywood. They always say that they've compensated players with faulty games but haven't delivered yet. I don't think you'll be hearing from them anytime soon.

I gave up with support and just play the game the best i can.
    Because i don't know what glu is thinking with their support but i don't even have words for it.
    GameCenter: + --Sven-- +

Stardom: A-List
    Paris
    A-List #1
    85 Million Fans
    Level 16

Stardom: Hollywood
    Paris
    A-List #1
    106 Million Fans
    Level 18

KimK: Hollywood
    Paris
    A-List #40
    222 Million Fans
    A-List Couple #Not Ranked yet
    Level 25

Kendall&Kylie
    Paris
    A-List #1
    31 Million Fans
    Level 21

BritneyS: AD (STAR ID: NZ5X7X5Q)
    Paris
    A-List #126
    30M Fans
    Level 15
    Hollywood Exclusive Record Label
    16 Members

Nicki Minaj: The Empire
    Coming Soon
  • Options
    I gave up with support and just play the game the best i can.
    Because i don't know what glu is thinking with their support but i don't even have words for it.

hahaha I know the feeling ParisHollywood. The only thing to keep them frazzled out is when people stop supporting their games and their stocks would plummet because of their incompetent game making and customer service. Sadly, It won't be happening anytime soon. Greed pays off unfortunately, but on the bright side, it never has a happy ending.
  • Options
    yodilityodilit Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 31 Posts
    So nice that you're doing something this time. When my single wasn't charting and sold enough to be in top 5, support told me it wasn't charting because it didn't sell enough.
  • Options
    yodilit wrote: »
    So nice that you're doing something this time. When my single wasn't charting and sold enough to be in top 5, support told me it wasn't charting because it didn't sell enough.

To my knowledge, they hire customer support from other companies that have a pool of customer service agents. They're not from Glu exactly. That's why they're never really good at answering the questions in the tickets.

That's sucks though, they're making so much from the app, ads alone keeps them afloat. They're just being cheap not having a good customer service in their own company.
  • Options
    yodilityodilit Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 31 Posts
    bleepyh wrote: »
    To my knowledge, they hire customer support from other companies that have a pool of customer service agents. They're not from Glu exactly. That's why they're never really good at answering the questions in the tickets.

That's sucks though, they're making so much from the app, ads alone keeps them afloat. They're just being cheap not having a good customer service in their own company.

Makes sense. Any reply I've gotten has never included a resolution, it's always "we'll let the developers know."
    Frustrating, but good to know. As someone who's spent money on IAPs in the past, now I at least know not to when it's Glu's games.