Options

Some Bugs

MikkyoMikkyo Registered Users 1 Posts
Fun game!
Some little pestering bugs.

Kill streaks don't always "count" no free grenade at end.

Kill streaks resulting in surrender sometimes fail to complete the section. Sometimes you can point around and find the live guys laying down and execute them and then the game will continue on to the next section. Other time you are stuck with no one to kill and no way to move on and must forfeit.

Reloading often takes twice as long.
If reloading kicks in right as you go to hide, you sit in the open for the reload time period, then hide and reload again. I would suggest the reloading action be a flat time, independent of other actions.

Grenade kills sometime don't count as "grenade kills" if the grenades kills all the remaining enemy at the end of a section, sometimes you then you move on to the next section without getting the credit.

The fire button is just too close to the switch weapons button, way to easy to trigger a switch while firing. If you cant move to button higher on the left or even bottom middle, or change to a gesture(swipe right or up to switch with right thumb), I suggest using a timer, if you fired in the last 10ms, don't switch guns and assume it was another fire command.

Comments

• Options
    AmenemhetIIAmenemhetII Registered Users 6 Posts
    I have seen all of the above as well. Even worse, I bought $100 gold, played a few levels and the game crashed to the homescreen.
    While this has happened, this time, the game opened as if just newly installed. Lost all progress, and all purchases. I have emailed Glu via the 'Contact Us' link below 2 days ago...I'll give them another to respond. I hope I don't have to go through Apple...

I love this game, spent over $200, so I really hope something can be done.

Edit: While I have no issue with the fire/weapon switch (ipad mini) I wish dollars could buy grenades and rockets...seems a shame really.

Edit2: Mug me seems to have bought another $100 in gold last night...thanks whiskey. I really do love this game though, and I am dwelling on doing a whole walk through.

Tips:
    Play everyday, bonus nades add up.
    Don't kill those who surrender. Not positive, but I think I have scored higher as opposed to killing them.
    Get the M1 and the Machinenpistole as soon as you can afford to. (2nd slot weapons, cash)
    M1 - HEADSHOT! Headshots people...much faster to get through levels. It is possible to get kill streaks and even get them to surrender with the M1.
    Learn where to toss nades - a nade that kills less than 3 for a kill streak is a wasted nade.
    Have fun!
  • Options
    123123 Registered Users 15 Posts
    I had a crash just like yours, lost all my gold and progress and submitted a request to Glu. The response was that I should have backed it up in the cloud. In other words, tough luck.
  • Options
    Wow. Well, I still have heard nothing from them. But that is lame. Do they expect you to back up immediately after a purchase? For me, it was 2, maybe 3 runs, then bam.
  • Options
    123123 Registered Users 15 Posts
    Mine was similar.
  • Options
    Good points. The tank or vehicle can be from 1 to 18 'dots' (haven't seen one bigger, but then I had to restart didn't I? I was about 4 fifths through maybe?) One dot is one grenade, while a bazooka is equal to 6 grenades. The tank may only be worth 1 kill, so yes, you need to bazooka yourself another kill. A dot does not equal a kil.

You can back up your device in iCloud, or to a computer that you have iTunes installed/set up. iCloud is over wifi to Apple.
    Say you only have an iPad, you could only back it up via iCloud. It is simple to set up:
    http://www.apple.com/ca/icloud/setup/ios.html
    On iPad, settings, general, iTunes wifi sync. This is where you can set up wireless syncing with your pc running iTunes.
    Or, plug your device into a pc via usb cable, the old fashioned way hehe.
    You cannot backup your device in both. Either on your local pc running iTunes, or, in Apple's iCloud.

However, like me, if you made a purchase, then the app crashes, you are still screwed. Are we to back up our devices after every purchase, just in case? There was no time for that anyway.

Bloody ridiculous.
  • Options
    supamansupaman Registered Users 1 Posts
    I have a questions too:

1) I purchase items from D-Day. While buying it, I have message in Transaction Fail. I receive Invoice and lose money but without receiving all item. How can I solve the another problem?
  • Options
    Wow. That's even worse. Seems like more than a few people are being ripped off. Hope Glu steps up...

I don't know what you can do. They still have not contacted me. We may have to go to Apple, but they will probably point back to Glu.

We need to move this thread, create a more appropriate one, and see if there are many more people who have lost purchases from Glu, and what there experience was. If it looks to be a larger problem, surely Glu will have to address it.
  • Options
    Mr GMr G Registered Users 2 Posts
    Hi,

I have the same problem....i send just twice an email but not contacted yet.
  • Options
    Free_Game_My_A*SFree_Game_My_A*S Registered Users 18 Posts
    c-mac wrote: »
    I wouldn't bank on it at all. The company has the worst customer service and they seem to be quite content with that.

Did you ever wonder why they have this policy listed at the top of the screen on the FAQ page?

Currency or billing inquiries
    If you have any questions regarding your account currency or your purchases or anything related to a transaction on your account:

You are required to submit a ticket to our Customer Care team and address the issue via email here: http://glumobile.custhelp.com/app/ask No such private and personal matters will be allowed on the open forum.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.