Options

Game Hacks: How common are they?

PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
At the risk of sounding like a whiner, I've noticed a trend in the last couple contests where some players have far more Assassin Points than would appear to be probable by playing 24 hours/day for the entire contest period. Within a couple days, I recall that the top of the leaderboard had something like 8000 APs.

At the full 25 points/win, that would correspond to 320 wins. You get an energy point every 20 minutes, so in 48 hours, with no sleep, it would be possible to play 144 PVP matches. That would mean that they needed to have bought 176 energy points in the first couple days, so at 20 gold/3 points, that would cost 1180 gold.

The smallest gold bundle to acquire 1180 gold costs $50 in real money, and while it's possible that they did buy that, I'm not sure how plausible it is when I see sites advertising game hack downloads on the Internet.

Am I totally out of line to think when some players consistently have scores that are so much higher than the rest of the pack, it's more than likely a case of cheating?

Comments

• Options
    Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    At the risk of sounding like a whiner, I've noticed a trend in the last couple contests where some players have far more Assassin Points than would appear to be probable by playing 24 hours/day for the entire contest period. Within a couple days, I recall that the top of the leaderboard had something like 8000 APs.

At the full 25 points/win, that would correspond to 320 wins. You get an energy point every 20 minutes, so in 48 hours, with no sleep, it would be possible to play 144 PVP matches. That would mean that they needed to have bought 176 energy points in the first couple days, so at 20 gold/3 points, that would cost 1180 gold.

The smallest gold bundle to acquire 1180 gold costs $50 in real money, and while it's possible that they did buy that, I'm not sure how plausible it is when I see sites advertising game hack downloads on the Internet.

Am I totally out of line to think when some players consistently have scores that are so much higher than the rest of the pack, it's more than likely a case of cheating?

Getting the wins in the short amount of time isn't the real problem. It's how they're acquiring the energy to do so. The glitch that allowed players to buy energy for 1 in game dollar is really hurting this game.
  • Options
    PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    Absolutely right -- I have no problem if someone buys gold with real-world money or receives it through the game's "free gold" activities, then uses it to buy energy, because that option's available to everyone. It's just like many of the more more powerful guns can be purchased with gold.

However, if someone is taking advantage of an account glitch or hack that gives them free gold or unlimited energy, then that's just plain cheating. I wasn't aware of that glitch with certain accounts, but it undermines the competition rankings and should be fixed ASAP.
  • Options
    Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    Absolutely right -- I have no problem if someone buys gold with real-world money or receives it through the game's "free gold" activities, then uses it to buy energy, because that option's available to everyone. It's just like many of the more more powerful guns can be purchased with gold.

However, if someone is taking advantage of an account glitch or hack that gives them free gold or unlimited energy, then that's just plain cheating. I wasn't aware of that glitch with certain accounts, but it undermines the competition rankings and should be fixed ASAP.

I believe the glitch was already fixed but the players who exploited it still have their infinite amounts of energy. The players who exploited the game should have their infinite energy taken away. Let them keep the weapons they earned and that's fair. As long as those players have their energy, ordinary players will never be able to get rank 1-15 in the PVP tournament. You'll run out of money long before they run out of energy. How preposterous is that?
  • Options
    coolH2O73coolH2O73 Registered Users 14 Posts
    I believe the glitch was already fixed but the players who exploited it still have their infinite amounts of energy. The players who exploited the game should have their infinite energy taken away. Let them keep the weapons they earned and that's fair. As long as those players have their energy, ordinary players will never be able to get rank 1-15 in the PVP tournament. You'll run out of money long before they run out of energy. How preposterous is that?

I recall on one of these threads that glu said that the top ranked players aren't cheaters. I can only assume that they're very wealthy and constantly purchase gold with real money to continue playing with endless energy. I haven't purchased any gold in the last pvp and managed to rank in the mid 1000s. I was able to maintain a win streak of 63 before I finally lost and had to build back up. Also, I found that there were less glitches when playing "revenge" attacks. I hope that there really aren't any cheaters, because I really enjoy this game.
  • Options
    MozzenusMozzenus Registered Users 50 Posts
    GLU stated that they were not cheaters because their AP rolled over. There are plenty of these endless energy accts that bought thousands of full energy refills. GLU has no idea what accounts capitalized on this glitch. To make it fair the top 5 winners should not be allowed to partake in tournaments with equal guns. This would allow others to compete that pay for energy or earn it with patients