Options

Anyone else still mad about need more space and everything being so slow?! Post here

I'm still having problems viewing all the new weapons and PVP matches taking forever to load??? It's not our devices BC I still have over 6gbs of space!! Why not clear battle logs that are 10 days old are more. I have 63 pages!!! Have over 10 guns I don't use since I'm tier 7. Shouldn't we be allowed to give them back to the app for diamonds or gold heck even cash!!! Or we could be allowed to sell to newer members for big discount. For diamonds, gold or cash. That would encourage us to get more people to get this app which is more business and money for GLU!!!! I don't know about anyone else but having to reopen and hit retry to see the new weapons or the heavy and tesla gun regions a thousand times is nuts!!! Why isn't GLU posting more updates on the forums and telling us what the real problem is instead of we are working on it is the most info we get if any. I had no access to get free gold or buy gold because the screen wouldn't come up. Everyone should take screenshots of their issues and send them along with a description of the problem to customer care!!! Also demand an answer and some restitution!!! Don't just read these forums post your problems on here and demand they listen and explain what's going on and demand to be compensated!!! When we were having issues in the PVP tournament two weeks ago and I kept losing my win string and making me waste more gold the reimbursed me 200 gold!!! If you can prove it they have to make it right!!!

Comments

• Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Mad? Not really, but 'disappointed' like a parent or a student I guess. LOL

I'm not sure what GLU will do, or can do. We could buy more powerful devices to play their games, but they'll end up losing a lot of their customers that aren't willing/able to do that.

The GLU server we connect to authenticates (agrees or disagrees) with the version of the game we hold on our local devices. We are not actually playing the game on their servers, so I guess we could have a blank shell of the game, along with our database files, and re-download each section of the game we wanted to play? But that would make the game download issue occur all of time, by people constantly having to re-download the game from the GLU servers, while we would have to wait for the download to complete so we could play again.

Hopefully there is a way to either simplify the program or use a automatic data file compression method that is compatible/usable by all of the types of our devices and is able to contract and expand the game function when needed; quickly, accurately, and consistently.

GLU: Who's your best programmer that knows Assembly Language??? Get them a massage and some coffee afterward. :)
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    Dj33transamDj33transam Banned Users 72 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    Mad? Not really, but 'disappointed' like a parent or a student I guess. LOL

I'm not sure what GLU will do, or can do. We could buy more powerful devices to play their games, but they'll end up losing a lot of their customers that aren't willing/able to do that.

The GLU server we connect to authenticates (agrees or disagrees) with the version of the game we hold on our local devices. We are not actually playing the game on their servers, so I guess we could have a blank shell of the game, along with our database files, and re-download each section of the game we wanted to play? But that would make the game download issue occur all of time, by people constantly having to re-download the game from the GLU servers, while we would have to wait for the download to complete so we could play again.

Hopefully there is a way to either simplify the program or use a automatic data file compression method that is compatible/usable by all of the types of our devices and is able to contract and expand the game function when needed; quickly, accurately, and consistently.

I have to disagree that we need more powerful devices!! This game up to this point only takes up 2gbs of data. So if I have 6gbs remaining what is the issue with my device or others devices who have 3-5 times more space than me yet still have the same problem. I believe their format they are using is wrong or the program is not writt right. I'm a mechanic for a living and not a computer wiz!!! LOL. Explain to me why we need more powerful devices when we all still have more than 3 time the available GBs left???
  • Options
    Explain to me why we need more powerful devices when we all still have more than 3 time the available GBs left???
    I can't explain it better than a note from a professional programmer that posted this:

It's listed as the Best Answer, right after the quesiton; scroll down to the last paragraph....LOL

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080728171757AAPXlyE

I realize it's bad form to post a link, but I'm trying to be polite, unlike the part of the article that applies, so if you want to know without clicking on the link; just send me a private message and I'll cut and paste the article for you.

Have fun out there!
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    David T wrote: »
    I can't explain it better than a note from a professional programmer that posted this:

It's listed as the Best Answer, right after the quesiton; scroll down to the last paragraph....LOL

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080728171757AAPXlyE

I realize it's bad form to post a link, but I'm trying to be polite, unlike the part of the article that applies, so if you want to know without clicking on the link; just send me a private message and I'll cut and paste the article for you.

Have fun out there!

Danbostonjr@yahoo.com
  • Options

I read the article but it's like a bunch of jibber gapper. Lol. I'd like to hear it in laymesns terms. It sounds like GLU can fix this buy changing how their programs are wrote and that they should and can be corrected.
  • Options
    I read the article but it's like a bunch of jibber gapper. Lol. I'd like to hear it in laymesns terms. It sounds like GLU can fix this buy changing how their programs are wrote and that they should and can be corrected.

In short, you could be correct, but I don't know.

Only a seasoned programmer looking at the game code would be able to tell, but I would imagine the person that posted the article would agree with you. I just thought the article was informative and included a bit of supercilious humor that matched the competitive nature of the game.

I'm hoping that GLU has a future Zuckerberg to solve the issue, while laughing at both of us for our layman understanding of the situation.
    iPhone 4, usually.