Options

Clock starting at more than 20 minutes between matches!!!??

I've caught the screen shots of at least 5 times of the clock between PvP matches starting at 21 minutes between matches when I've paid close attention more than those 5 times but didn't notice until after first match at full energy but only got 5 screenshots before I could catch it and think to take a picture. Anyone else had this happen. If not watch closely!!!!

Comments

• Options
    BrendanFBrendanF Registered Users 80 Posts
    Yes I've noticed it as well. Didn't see where the countdown started but it was over 20 minutes.

Android tablet
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    What device and OS are you using? I'm using iPhone/iOS 7 and haven't noticed the clock difference, but about two months ago, there was a week or two that changed the time clock to 10 minutes during the PVP tournaments.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    Dj33transamDj33transam Banned Users 72 Posts
    iPhone 6 IOS 8.1.3. I wish it was only ten minutes between every match. Or heck 5 minutes. That'd be a way to level the playing field in tournaments so ppl who have cheat apps have less of an advantage. I don't ever remember a tournament being 10 minutes between matches. I've been playing since December. But say a 250 gold buy in to cut the time 5 minutes less between matches so 500 gold would be ten minutes and 750 would be 5 minutes. I can get through 3 matches in under 2 minutes if I choose weak opponents and 3 if I choose next man up and they are all maxed out. But I've noticed the more than 20 minutes in the last 3 tournaments about 5 times in each. Probably more bc I wasn't paying close enough attention.
  • Options
    BrendanFBrendanF Registered Users 80 Posts
    Just spotted the clock at 23:32. Looks like they're pushing it up to 25 minutes.

In case anyone isn't clear on this; the people at Glu are not your friends, they want you to spend money. Be aware of that.

Android tablet
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    But say a 250 gold buy in to cut the time 5 minutes less between matches so 500 gold would be ten minutes and 750 would be 5 minutes.
    From a customer's perspective:
    It costs 20 gold for 3 energy bars and there are 96 hours in a tournament.

15 minute time clock gives you 1 extra energy per hour or potentially 96 extra energy.
    10 minute time clock gives you 3 extra energy per hour or potentially 288 extra energy.
    5 minute time clock gives you 9 extra energy per hour or potentially 864 extra energy.

From GLU's perspective:
    The best value for a gold purchase is 3200 gold for $100 = $0.3125 per gold.

96 extra energy = 640 gold minus the 250 gold is 390 gold or $121.875 potential loss of income per player per tournament.

288 extra energy = 1920 gold minus the 500 gold is 1420 gold or $443.75

864 extra energy = 5760 gold minus the 750 gold is 5010 gold or $1565.625

So let's say there are 50,000 players, but only 500 players use the deal once per month...
    $121.875 x 500 players x 12 months = $731,250.00 potential loss per year.
    iPhone 4, usually.