Options

Pause glitch during PVP

Voltron7Voltron7 Registered Users 9 Posts
I recently was about to finish off an opponent in PVP. I had about 3 minutes remaining and had to take a work call. I paused the match for a few moments/minutes, and when I resumed, I ran out of time and lost the match.
So, when pausing a PVP match, does the timer continue to run??! It's BS or a glitch, no? Anyone else experience this? Wait, I know, some smart *** is going to say it's on purpose, right.

Comments

• Options
    PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    That's been the way it's always worked for me. It really surprised me the first time I paused to take a phone call, but I saw the clock still ticking down; I told them I'd call right back to avoid losing the match.

You don't take damage during a pause, but time continues to pass. I suppose that it's because you're interacting with a currently inactive player account, and GLU doesn't want matches to lock that connection for more than 5 minutes at a time.

I've wondered what happens if you're in a PvP with a player when they sign back on, or (now that PvPs can apparently happen while players are still logged in, but inactive) if your opponent spends all their diamonds while you're in the match -- are they prevented from spending diamonds while under attack, or do you still get the award even though they don't have any to take, or do you not get the award, or will the game simply crash?