Just ran into my first 46080 defense.

David TDavid T Senior MemberRegistered Users 1,055 Posts
"Bond" - How much gold do you use? You completed your tier 9 base CRAZY FAST!

My 'how many jellybeans in the jar' guess is.....1260 gold.
iPhone 4, usually.
Prev1

Comments

  • try_againtry_again Senior Member Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    This has either got to be a GLU test account, a hacked account, or some Sheikh, oil baron, or Abu Dhabi type Donald Trump!

    Yes, how much gold would it cost? Level 9 base building will be completely outside my realm of hope!
  • NoobieNoobie Experienced Member Registered Users 163 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    "Bond" - How much gold do you use? You completed your tier 9 base CRAZY FAST!

    Were you able to eliminate him or did you fail? Which weapon(s) did you use?
  • Mindy82Mindy82 New Member Registered Users 43 Posts
    I am not suprise. You can see the same top players in PvP Tournament with 20-30 thousands AP points which similar to 3000-4000 gold are spent. Believe it or not! I doubt that is real money that they spent. Must be hack account.
  • David TDavid T Senior Member Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Noobie wrote: »
    Were you able to eliminate him or did you fail? Which weapon(s) did you use?

    No, I skipped the match. It was a short range match, and although I do have a 8 star AR, I only have a 6.5 star Heavy. Maybe next time. If I run into a tier 9 long range defense, I might try to beat it with my 6.5 star Tesla.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • CaptainmidniteCaptainmidnite New Member Registered Users 42 Posts
    Yeah I have come across a couple myself. I avoid them when I do. Then again, I avoid any match that would be a "challenge". It sucks to beat up on small guys but I need to get points fast in the tournements.
  • rastafarirastafari Junior Member Registered Users 78 Posts
    I'm currently having a hard time with base 8 maxed bases short ranged, with maxed drones, even with
    a 39 K Heavy it's a lot of running and ducking, I've only won a few without a health pack, rocket or grenade. Stealth kills helps a lot. Long range opponents are still easy however. i can see most maxed 9 based shorts being avoided like the plague, why spend more gold than necessary for supplies.
  • HalfassedHalfassed New Member Registered Users 35 Posts
    I beat a 46k defense with a 39 tesla.
  • try_againtry_again Senior Member Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Halfassed wrote: »
    I beat a 46k defense with a 39 tesla.

    Hope you got well compensated for it! I saw one of those guys this morning - only offered 379 diamonds to compete! Really???

    Here's a question for the experts - when you use gold to update your base, is there a time limit like paying diamonds for the upgrade - sometimes around 5 hours before the next step offered?

    If there is, then I say this proves cheating! How could one have a fully upgraded base in less than a day? Otherwise, I'd still love to know how much dough these guys are stuffing into a game. Do I hear CKS Anonymous (for those addicted needing treatment) meetings in your future? :p
  • StageofHistoryStageofHistory New Member Registered Users 18 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    Hope you got well compensated for it! I saw one of those guys this morning - only offered 379 diamonds to compete! Really???

    Here's a question for the experts - when you use gold to update your base, is there a time limit like paying diamonds for the upgrade - sometimes around 5 hours before the next step offered?

    If there is, then I say this proves cheating! How could one have a fully upgraded base in less than a day? Otherwise, I'd still love to know how much dough these guys are stuffing into a game. Do I hear CKS Anonymous (for those addicted needing treatment) meetings in your future? :p

    I pretty sure upgrade for Gold is instant, for both Base and Weapons... Another carrot dangled to encourage you spend REAL money!
  • David TDavid T Senior Member Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Halfassed wrote: »
    I beat a 46k defense with a 39 tesla.

    Tesla's are usually good for 2-2.5 times their rating, so your 39000 powered Tesla should be good for long range defenses up to 97000 or at least the future tier 10.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Mindy82Mindy82 New Member Registered Users 43 Posts
    If you use gold to upgrade for base, it's an instant upgrade. No wait time.
  • David TDavid T Senior Member Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Mindy82 wrote: »
    If you use gold to upgrade for base, it's an instant upgrade. No wait time.

    Which is pretty slimy of Glu, because instant upgrade gold prices are usually more than the upgrade gold price itself. You can pay 53 gold OR how about 256,000 diamonds + 75 gold for the exact same result!
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • rastafarirastafari Junior Member Registered Users 78 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    Which is pretty slimy of Glu, because instant upgrade gold prices are usually more than the upgrade gold price itself. You can pay 53 gold OR how about 256,000 diamonds + 75 gold for the exact same result!
    No! that can't be right , I thought instant with gold was about 5 gold .
  • rastafarirastafari Junior Member Registered Users 78 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    Which is pretty slimy of Glu, because instant upgrade gold prices are usually more than the upgrade gold price itself. You can pay 53 gold OR how about 256,000 diamonds + 75 gold for the exact same result!
    Ya you're right the price for instant upgrade is way to high compared to only gold update.I saw a slightly lesser amout , for first tier level 9 but even that's to high.,
  • David TDavid T Senior Member Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    rastafari wrote: »
    Ya you're right the price for instant upgrade is way to high compared to only gold update.I saw a slightly lesser amout , for first tier level 9 but even that's to high.,

    Glu actually adjusted the gold upgrade cost versus instant upgrade prices sometime before tier 8 came out.; but before that, instant upgrades were equal to or more than, the upgrade itself. It was super ridiculous, we called it out pretty early on, and Glu corrected it. In that adjustment, they also reduced the gold upgrade costs to diamond costs ratio pretty significantly.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • VasqiVasqi New Member Registered Users 21 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    No, I skipped the match. It was a short range match, and although I do have a 8 star AR, I only have a 6.5 star Heavy. Maybe next time. If I run into a tier 9 long range defense, I might try to beat it with my 6.5 star Tesla.

    No, I don't think so.
  • VasqiVasqi New Member Registered Users 21 Posts
    Tier 9 full upgrade with about 1,200 gold. That's tier 9 maxed out!
  • VasqiVasqi New Member Registered Users 21 Posts
    Lafter defeated my Teir 9 (42560) which had about $100,000 in diamonds (at the time). He only walked away with about 4k, which is about what my hourly bank ecconomy is. I donno what he was armed with. Perhaps, he will chime in and let us know. My Username is: Shamsudeen.
  • VasqiVasqi New Member Registered Users 21 Posts
    He took 4250. I just took back 4738. It was short range. His base was only in the 9000's range. His men were something like Level 62.
  • bauerbauer New Member Registered Users 6 Posts
    Vasqi wrote: »
    He took 4250. I just took back 4738. It was short range. His base was only in the 9000's range. His men were something like Level 62.

    I have defeated a 9 base with my charybdis tesla 39360...havent tried my lower guns...
  • David TDavid T Senior Member Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    Vasqi wrote: »
    No, I don't think so.

    Yeah the 11040 Tesla wasn't enough to take out the 46080 defense, neither did the 33536 Sniper. However, it only took a few rockets to do it.

    I wonder if the rocket power is a percentage of the defensive power or your attacking power rating.

    Has anyone tried to attack a tier 9, while only having tier 6 weapons?; and if so, how many rockets did it take to destroy a canon/rocket turret?
    OR
    To those of you with the 39000+ Tesla weapons; how many rockets does it take you to blow up a tier 9 canon/rocket turret?
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • rastafarirastafari Junior Member Registered Users 78 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    To those of you with the 39000+ Tesla weapons; how many rockets does it take you to blow up a tier 9 canon/rocket turret?
    I've only faced a few 44K bases, and they were'nt that difficult even with a drone, no rockets, grenade, or health pack needed.Drone, rocket, machine gun sentry, aim for the boss a.s.a.p.
    should finish with more than half health.
    Short range 44K are more problematic with 1-2K drones, as they were with tier 8.
    Just cant seem to take out the drone quickly enough, lousy aim on my part.
  • kuojunhonkuojunhon New Member Registered Users 30 Posts
    rastafari wrote: »
    I've only faced a few 44K bases, and they were'nt that difficult even with a drone, no rockets, grenade, or health pack needed.Drone, rocket, machine gun sentry, aim for the boss a.s.a.p.
    should finish with more than half health.
    Short range 44K are more problematic with 1-2K drones, as they were with tier 8.
    Just cant seem to take out the drone quickly enough, lousy aim on my part.

    The short range battle is another story. With the 39000+ heavy weapon(Atlas), I could still beat the 46080 defence(without drone), but need 100% concentration and patience. As rastafari said, short range 44K base with 1-2K drones makes a huge challenge, especially in the short range battle from second floor, you have to face canon/rocket turrets and drone simultaneously, it's always the toughest type to deal with.
  • CaptainmidniteCaptainmidnite New Member Registered Users 42 Posts
    On a high level base I use grenades first attack on the drone for short range. Not always possible but when it is that's my first move.
  • RMorr50912RMorr50912 Junior Member Registered Users 79 Posts
    I haven't even seen a long range attack. All mine have been short range and my Heavy sucks. I'm not trying until I can upgrade that. I'd love to try a long range but haven't had any chance. I wouldn't try until Monday though when the win streak doesn't matter.
  • NoobieNoobie Experienced Member Registered Users 163 Posts
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try them next time. I was too busy trying to out-maneuver everything that I forget I have grenades at my disposal.
  • desrtskyzedesrtskyze New Member Registered Users 3 Posts
    I pretty sure upgrade for Gold is instant, for both Base and Weapons... Another carrot dangled to encourage you spend REAL money!
    Yes.They want you to spend real.If you don't then you're [email protected]
  • FoxofFoxof Junior Member Registered Users 50 Posts
    desrtskyze wrote: »
    Yes.They want you to spend real.If you don't then you're [email protected]
    If u spend real then u need to own an oil rig in Vietnam .
  • RMorr50912RMorr50912 Junior Member Registered Users 79 Posts
    Finally got my shot at a maxed out defense long range. It wasn't really any big deal using the tesla. Just wiped everything out until I got the player to show then zapped him. I don't see much point in investing the time and effort into going that route with the power of the weapons now.
  • try_againtry_again Senior Member Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I tried both the long and short range version of these bases yesterday. The short was fairly easy with the Venus (maxed out). Ended that with about a 1/3 energy - soaked up some damage shooting at the 1000 drone.

    The long range battle, I made a rookie mistake. Targeting the drone first as usual, I forgot to switch weapons! Fortunately, getting hit full force by a rocket didn't instantly kill me, but did take 2 med kits to finish after being flustered, Doh!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.