Options

Upgrading iPhone help please

Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
I'm upgrading my old iPhone 4s to the iPhone 6 Plus. Just need to know if my game will stay intact or not. Have this phone backed up to the cloud. Any help is appreciated as I've spent way to much time/money to lose my progress. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    RMorr50912RMorr50912 Registered Users 79 Posts
    Though I'm not totally sure about changing phones I've had to totally restore my iPhone 5s and I just backed it up and then wiped the phone. When everything reinstalled I didn't lose any progress. I didn't lose anything when I went from the iPhone 4 to 5 either but I wasn't playing CKS on my 4. Seems to me as long as you back up the old phone and transfer it to the new one it should be ok. Not like you're trying to change to android or anything.
  • Options
    StageofHistoryStageofHistory Registered Users 18 Posts
    I've not had to restore or transfer the game to a new iPhone, but RMorr50912 is right... Back-up the old phone and then 'restore' the new iPhone from that when asked - You don't want to select 'Set up as new iPhone', and it's a lot quicker to do this from iTunes rather iCloud. HOWEVER- Not sure if it matters for CKS, but many apps when restored won't set up with existing data intact (i.e. progress or files intact), unless you select an encrypted back-up and restore from that.

Not sure if this is what RMorr did, but now I always do this prior to an upgrade... We've had every model of iPhone is our house at some point, and my 6 Plus is just awesome!! Good luck.