Options

Sucks living on the East Coast

MRKYLEMRKYLE Registered Users 9 Posts
So, I have the unfortunate circumstance of having a day job and living on the east coast. The tournaments always run until midnight on the west coast, so that means that I have to try and stay up until 3am to hold any gains in the tournament. This week, I was competing in the Bronze League Event and went to bed holding a comfortable lead for 1st Place only to wake up the next morning and find that someone snaked my position in the wee hours. That was Monday night. So, Tuesday night, I got up at 2:30 and checked my score. I had 140 AP's and a buffer of at least 60 when I went to bed. When I checked the score, another player had jumped 62 points and would have snaked first place by a single PVP victory had I not waited til the last moment to snag a couple of PVP victories and secure the win. I saw their score begin to move again as I overtook them so, I know they were watching and had to have been ****ed that I woke up in time to thwart their ploy. Anyway, League Events happen during my work week and staying up until 3am just sucks for me. Knowing that all some other player has to do is wait me out to see when I go to bed ****es me off. There is no point in trying to build a real lead, because then all they have to do is see where you stop and get one more victory than you. Last night I tried to set an alarm to wake me up in time to thwart the next attempt, but I didn't wake up for it and now, with two 2nd Place finishes and a single 1st Place finish, I only have 40 of the 50 parts needed to craft the Mercury heavy. Have enjoyed the game for the last couple of months, but with the ever climbing price to compete, I think I might be about done after this disappointment.

Comments

• Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Totally agree - I've always been an early to bed kind of guy as well. I can wake up before 3 am without alarm sometimes, and duke it out, but now with 7 days a week fighting, that gets old real quick. I'm used to being in the top 10 at night, and waking up much higher. Tried going to bed with the tablet, but that's a recipe for poor health.

Maybe GLU could look at where they make the fewest bucks time zone and make that the past midnight location? (hint, hint)
  • Options
    R1gol1nR1gol1n Registered Users 157 Posts
    Same problem here guys, last time Glu says it has to be a Pacific time so make it fear to other countries.
  • Options
    arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
    MRKYLE wrote: »
    So, I have the unfortunate circumstance of having a day job and living on the east coast. The tournaments always run until midnight on the west coast, so that means that I have to try and stay up until 3am to hold any gains in the tournament. This week, I was competing in the Bronze League Event and went to bed holding a comfortable lead for 1st Place only to wake up the next morning and find that someone snaked my position in the wee hours. That was Monday night. So, Tuesday night, I got up at 2:30 and checked my score. I had 140 AP's and a buffer of at least 60 when I went to bed. When I checked the score, another player had jumped 62 points and would have snaked first place by a single PVP victory had I not waited til the last moment to snag a couple of PVP victories and secure the win. I saw their score begin to move again as I overtook them so, I know they were watching and had to have been ****ed that I woke up in time to thwart their ploy. Anyway, League Events happen during my work week and staying up until 3am just sucks for me. Knowing that all some other player has to do is wait me out to see when I go to bed ****es me off. There is no point in trying to build a real lead, because then all they have to do is see where you stop and get one more victory than you. Last night I tried to set an alarm to wake me up in time to thwart the next attempt, but I didn't wake up for it and now, with two 2nd Place finishes and a single 1st Place finish, I only have 40 of the 50 parts needed to craft the Mercury heavy. Have enjoyed the game for the last couple of months, but with the ever climbing price to compete, I think I might be about done after this disappointment.

I think u may b referring 2 me one of those nights, my guess is Tue night. I actually live on the east coast too, but have 2 jobs, so some nights i get hm late, and then play a little as im getting ready 4 the nxt dy. I did notice a little fight there when i started playing but thought i had 1st place secure when i went 2 bed, only 2 b thwarted...kudos 2 u 4 getting up 4 the victory. If i did that, id never get back 2 sleep.
  • Options
    MRKYLEMRKYLE Registered Users 9 Posts
    arnman wrote: »
    I think u may b referring 2 me one of those nights, my guess is Tue night. I actually live on the east coast too, but have 2 jobs, so some nights i get hm late, and then play a little as im getting ready 4 the nxt dy. I did notice a little fight there when i started playing but thought i had 1st place secure when i went 2 bed, only 2 b thwarted...kudos 2 u 4 getting up 4 the victory. If i did that, id never get back 2 sleep.

If it was you, then, well, dang it! LOL! Anyway, I wish that Glu would let you see the final total so you would know who won and by what margin.
  • Options
    arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
    If it was you, then, well, dang it! LOL! Anyway, I wish that Glu would let you see the final total so you would know who won and by what margin.

I agree, that would b nice.
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    So, I have the unfortunate circumstance of having a day job and living on the east coast. The tournaments always run until midnight on the west coast, so that means that I have to try and stay up until 3am to hold any gains in the tournament.
    Living on the west coast, I would gladly accept your offer to end the tournaments 3 hours earlier. 9pm is just fine with me. I actually wouldn't mind if they shifted it by 6 hours earlier.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    kuojunhonkuojunhon Registered Users 30 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    Living on the west coast, I would gladly accept your offer to end the tournaments 3 hours earlier. 9pm is just fine with me. I actually wouldn't mind if they shifted it by 6 hours earlier.

Living in East Asia, so global tournament ends at 3pm in Monday, daily leauge events end in Tuesday to Thursday. It's really busy in the last hour of event, I have to check the leaderboard, play hard in PvP, and keep my boss from noticing I'm fooling around. :p
  • Options
    NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    I wish Glu would make a 3-day Global Event instead and keep the 3 daily league tournaments.

The way it is right now is really becoming tedious and starting to take its toll.
  • Options
    Smokinjoe44Smokinjoe44 Registered Users 123 Posts
    Noobie I'm right there with you on this one. 4 days is just way to tiring to me as well. But think of all the money GLU would lose as keeping an extra day means much higher scores which translates to more money for them.
  • Options
    David TDavid T Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    kuojunhon wrote: »
    Living in East Asia, so global tournament ends at 3pm in Monday, daily leauge events end in Tuesday to Thursday. It's really busy in the last hour of event, I have to check the leaderboard, play hard in PvP, and keep my boss from noticing I'm fooling around. :p
    Exactly, 6 hours earlier, and you would have everything wrapped up by 9am. Looks like USA and East Asia would be good to go!
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • Options
    twoloszyntwoloszyn Registered Users 34 Posts
    That's the nature of the game! I count on someone who thinks they are so far ahead that no one can possibly beat them :P Glu knows this and as a result people spend more gold. It was ingenious to add the tournaments beyond the weekly global tournament. Now your life can be CKS:Sniper all day every day!
  • Options
    HalfassedHalfassed Registered Users 35 Posts
    I used to live on the east coast where football games were at 1 and 4 pm, and Monday night football was at 9. Imagine everything 3 hours earlier, which sucks. I'm glad this game is West coast time at least.