Base Upgrades

NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
Has anybody had a chance to check how much it costs to upgrade our bases now?

Comments

• twoloszyntwoloszyn Registered Users 34 Posts
    Much more than before. From what I see just on the second tab of a tier 9 base it costs 315 gold to upgrade one of the four stats in comparison to 68 before 3.0.....sigh
  • rastafarirastafari Registered Users 78 Posts
    Im on the last tier of base 9, 512 diamonds or 455 gold, before update it was only 98 gold.
    this just wrong, I think glu just pulls numbers out of there ******
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    rastafari wrote: »
    Im on the last tier of base 9, 512 diamonds or 455 gold, before update it was only 98 gold.
    this just wrong, I think glu just pulls numbers out of there ******
    No, they are trying to pull money out of your asterisk!
  • twoloszyntwoloszyn Registered Users 34 Posts
    I don't see how increasing the gold cost is going to incentivize anyone to spend that much more. Increasing the base is useless for the most part since this is an offensive game. This may change slightly with the new drone addition over time. This update appears interesting on the surface but is too expensive and time consuming in my opinion. Collecting the amount of diamonds to go beyond tier 9 for the base and even the lower tiers of the drones will take forever. I wish I would've taken advantage of the lower costs before the update.
    I'm certainly not going to pay such inflated prices for upgrades now!

I blew it, I had enough diamonds to jump to Tier 10 te beginning of the week, and decided to use them to upgrade the Bastet instead. Was originally planning to use gold for the first level (think it was stated to be 38 gold! by Pythondjango). Will still make the jump to 10, but will be SOL at that point.

Yes, Base 10 is defensive - but only 1/2 defensive. Buy all the economy upgrades (diamond production) and all the health upgrades for offensive protection. Those items are definetly of use!
  • PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    It's 53 gold for each of the first level B10 upgrades, or at least it was before the current version update -- I haven't see what that does to play/prices yet.

Regardless, that's quite low compared to the 300 gold they wanted for the base B9 to B10 upgrade, which cost less in diamonds than all the first level B10 upgrades except for Economy (which was the same).
    Thanks for the correction, I had this written down at home, memory is a poor substitue.
  • PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    That pre-upgrade first level B10 upgrade cost has increased from 53 gold to 315; 4th level upgrades are now 585 gold, but the diamond upgrade prices are the same. I'm glad that I got a couple in before the upgrade, and I wish I'd bought some gold to max out before the change, but I'll deal with it.

I think I'm only be getting assigned PvP matches against other B10 players now. Payouts seem to be pretty good, but it'll be much harder to keep a tournament streak alive, at least until I can get my drone upgraded to a studly level, which is quite expensive.
    I'm Base 9 max, and also see many more "B10" than pre 3.0 - also with some very tempting payouts. Most of them are short, and not about to take those on. You do have to play much more defensively - a lot of timed pop up moves after the initial take out a rocketeer, both turrets and the juggernaut if possible.