New Drone

Mindy82Mindy82 Registered Users 43 Posts
The new update Drone is ok in defense but not good in attack. In attack mode, the Drone is only fire at defensive Drone. New Drone didn't seem to be powerful enough. My new Drone is at 1,770 power but can't even take out 1 soldier.

Comments

• Merc316Merc316 Registered Users 103 Posts
    Mindy82 wrote: »
    The new update Drone is ok in defense but not good in attack. In attack mode, the Drone is only fire at defensive Drone. New Drone didn't seem to be powerful enough. My new Drone is at 1,770 power but can't even take out 1 soldier.
    The new drone needs to be upgraded in order to be effective.Its going to be a real beast when it's completed but that's going to be many diamonds or gold away.At least on the diamond upgrade side the upgrade is instant.
  • NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    Really liking the new drone - with all the options. Curious what kind of potentials it has.

Mindy82 wrote: »
    My new Drone is at 1,770 power but can't even take out 1 soldier.

Wonder how much upgrade it needs to be able to take out a soldier or even a sentry gun.
  • Kittipong29Kittipong29 Registered Users 84 Posts
    You need to upgrade support drone as high as possible then equipped with other 4 weapons as high as support drone, then it's must be real beast as Merc said.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Only spent 15 minutes trying to figure out drone upgrading. Still no clue.
    How do you upgrade the body? Do you have to max out the weapon before the body?
    Do you find parts in pvp or mission to upgrade body?

Tried puting on a 7x weapon won in pvp, but not till the base of the drone is upgraded...
    I watch the dead accurate stream of spit ***** (censored? wadded up paper shot from a straw) hit my opponent, and the red health meter doesn't budge. 800 power weapon using mostly my Mantas (thank goodness I just put a bunch together just yesterday, still had another 100 parts for them though).

I can't tell what objects to add for the most effective (increase of power/cost in diamonds) path in upgrading?
  • Kittipong29Kittipong29 Registered Users 84 Posts
    try_again wrote: »

Tried puting on a 7x weapon won in pvp, but not till the base of the drone is upgraded...
    I watch the dead accurate stream of spit ***** hit my opponent, and the red health meter doesn't budge. 800 power weapon using mostly my Mantas (thank goodness I just put a bunch together just yesterday, still had another 100 parts for them though).

I can't tell what objects to add for the most effective (increase of power/cost in diamonds) path in upgrading?

I upgraded my supporting drone to 5,760 then equip all 4 weapons at 1,480 up, I think it can take out some soldier in contract hunt..

This upgrade you have to spend more diamonds more and more for supporting drone as max then equip weapons later.
    I upgraded my supporting drone to 5,760 then equip all 4 weapons at 1,480 up, I think it can take out some soldier in contract hunt...

I wonder if somebody successfully attacked your base and you lost your "upgraded" drone with it, would you have to start building/upgrading your drone again from scratch?
    Noobie wrote: »
    I wonder if somebody successfully attacked your base and you lost your "upgraded" drone with it, would you have to start building/upgrading your drone again from scratch?
    No these new drones are the Glu Mobile new Obamacare drones.If you like your drone you can keep your drone.
    Just kidding but no I had someone successfully attack my base and I still have my drone.
    As much time and diamonds it will take to upgrade one of these new drones it would suck to lose one of them.
  • try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Merc316 wrote: »
    No these new drones are the Glu Mobile new Obamacare drones.If you like your drone you can keep your drone.
    Just kidding but no I had someone successfully attack my base and I still have my drone.
    As much time and diamonds it will take to upgrade one of these new drones it would suck to lose one of them.

I almost spilled my coffee on that one! Very funny. I haven't tried yet, but, can you see them in your scope to target them? I guess they could be tesla/sniper proof, or maybe they could be temporarily disabled, then go for the oponent kill shot just for fun?
    I almost spilled my coffee on that one! Very funny. I haven't tried yet, but, can you see them in your scope to target them? I guess they could be tesla/sniper proof, or maybe they could be temporarily disabled, then go for the oponent kill shot just for fun?
    So far the bases that I've attacked on long range missions are not using the drone.Ive seen a couple of long range mission bases that have them but they only had a couple of hundred diamonds and it wasn't worth my time.Im sure though that you should be able to target them,they just respawn whenever the player comes back online again.
  • straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    I killed one of the new drones really marks out opponent as a target having drone as a flag
    ( + )
  • arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts

I watch the dead accurate stream of spit ***** (censored? wadded up paper shot from a straw) hit my opponent, and the red health meter doesn't budge. 800 power weapon using mostly my Mantas (thank goodness I just put a bunch together just yesterday, still had another 100 parts for them though).

I cant figure iut how 2 upgrade these drones either...it is very confusing and i cant find anywhere where they explaIn it. id like 2 know 2, how u earn xp, since it appears that u might need that in order 2 upgrade, but then again, no idea since it again, is very confusing. Somebody/Handles, pls explain.
  • PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    On the "Support Drone" screen, the right side has 4 hexagonal '+' icons. Clicking one of them (or the "Fuse" button) will allow you to add up to 4 drones or drone parts carried over from CK:S version 2.

Once you've added up to 4 drones/parts, you can click that screen's "Fuse" button, which takes you back to the "Support Drone" screen, but with the parts you added shown in place of the hexagonal '+' icons, and an upgrade cost displayed in diamonds and gold (grayed out if you don't have sufficient diamonds or gold). Click one of the cost buttons and it'll consume your payment and parts to upgrade your drone's XP. Upgrade costs increases dramatically as your drone level increases.

I'm not sure if you can somehow acquire "old" drone parts to upgrade your support drone once you run out, or if you didn't have any to bring in from version 2. I suspect that your support drone can also gain XP in battle, but I'm level 90 and have been going against high enough defenses that my support drone doesn't seem to be able to scratch the PvP defenders.

EDIT: I've gotten my drone up to level 47 (1640 power), and if I pick a defender and weaken it enough, then wait to finish off the base owner's avatar, my drone can finish off that defender eventually, I'm not worrying about upgrading mounted components from 1000 yet because I have components in my inventory for an 8000 power drone, so I'm concentrating on drone body upgrades instead. That may or may not be the best plan, but that's the one I've chosen.
  • arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
    On the "Support Drone" screen, the right side has 4 hexagonal '+' icons. Clicking one of them (or the "Fuse" button) will allow you to add up to 4 drones or drone parts carried over from CK:S version 2.

Once you've added up to 4 drones/parts, you can click that screen's "Fuse" button, which takes you back to the "Support Drone" screen, but with the parts you added shown in place of the hexagonal '+' icons, and an upgrade cost displayed in diamonds and gold (grayed out if you don't have sufficient diamonds or gold). Click one of the cost buttons and it'll consume your payment and parts to upgrade your drone's XP. Upgrade costs increases dramatically as your drone level increases.

I'm not sure if you can somehow acquire "old" drone parts to upgrade your support drone once you run out, or if you didn't have any to bring in from version 2. I suspect that your support drone can also gain XP in battle, but I'm level 90 and have been going against high enough defenses that my support drone doesn't seem to be able to scratch the PvP defenders.

EDIT: I've gotten my drone up to level 47 (1640 power), and if I pick a defender and weaken it enough, then wait to finish off the base owner's avatar, my drone can finish off that defender eventually, I'm not worrying about upgrading mounted components from 1000 yet because I have components in my inventory for an 8000 power drone, so I'm concentrating on drone body upgrades instead. That may or may not be the best plan, but that's the one I've chosen.

Thx 4 the info, i will try that.
  • ImreefImreef Registered Users 69 Posts
    Can someone explain why there are so many redundant drone weapons? For example, I have more than 15 level 1 healing rays with a power of 125. What is the purpose? I can only equip one & so far I haven't lost it. Will I have to replace them eventually like in version 2 when my drone was destroyed??
  • ToogreysToogreys Registered Users 36 Posts
    I'm not entirely positive but I believe you can add multiple weapons, health rays, shield etc. to increase the power of the weapon. For example if your Drone has a power of 1000 and you add the machine gun you can add more machine guns as long as the power of the machine gun is 1000 or below. This will increase the strength of that weapon until it maxes out. Works the same way for the rockets, shields, health etc. My question is how do you increase the power to your Drone? Right now I have left over parts from the old drones and using them will upgrade the power. But I will soon run out of those parts! So how do you increase power after that?
  • JedilebaJedileba Registered Users 6 Posts
    Play the circle missions in campaign mode. They give you vials you can use to upgrade the drone.
    Do, or do not. There is no try.

For Star Wars jewelry, go to Goddardjewelry.com
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Talking about drones ... is there any benefit, one way or the other, to using "old" drones parts vs the "new" drones parts. I am accumulating the new ones at an alarming rate and each and every part is listed as opposed to 123 x part 1, 299 x part #2, etc. etc. etc. This is making it all but impossible to scroll through this ever lengthening list of parts. I am afraid if this continues it will "kill" my device. One more PvP Event and I may not even be able to access the feature as it now takes a couple of minutes to populate.

Anyone else having this issue?

Good Hunting !!!

SCORPION
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • andrewhtfandrewhtf Registered Users 8 Posts
    Imreef wrote: »
    Can someone explain why there are so many redundant drone weapons? For example, I have more than 15 level 1 healing rays with a power of 125. What is the purpose? I can only equip one & so far I haven't lost it. Will I have to replace them eventually like in version 2 when my drone was destroyed??

Those redundant weapons are used to upgrade your existing weapons. All of them have "xp" figures. Just choose upgrade options in the components section and fuse, it will again, consume diamond or gold if you choose. Wonr be cheap, really.

Once u have all 4 components of drone equipped it doesnt matter what components u have in excess, all can be used to upgrade the 4 already equipped. Just make sure that the drone itself is upgraded to a certain amount of power and your components upgrade do not exceed that number or there will be a message telling u it cannot be done.
  • ImreefImreef Registered Users 69 Posts
    Thanks for the reply guys. I guess this was a better way to say it "11- updating drone is very difficult & weapon of drones are all duplicated by hundreds makes it very hard to open the upgrade menu" I guess it's just how GLU decided to do things. Very redundant tho. All my weapons are 4star, I don't need or want any more 1star weapons but I can't get rid of them
    andrewhtf wrote: »
    Those redundant weapons are used to upgrade your existing weapons. All of them have "xp" figures. Just choose upgrade options in the components section and fuse, it will again, consume diamond or gold if you choose. Wonr be cheap, really.

Once u have all 4 components of drone equipped it doesnt matter what components u have in excess, all can be used to upgrade the 4 already equipped. Just make sure that the drone itself is upgraded to a certain amount of power and your components upgrade do not exceed that number or there will be a message telling u it cannot be done.

Imreef was talking about something completely different....

Go to the Drone upgrade page. Just below it you have four choices - i.e. machine gun, healing ray, shield generator, rocket launcher. When you hit change in any of them four - you will come to a page with your choices for that part. It would have been better if they were "grouped" together in a way so you do not have to scroll from one end to the other.

That's what Imreef was talking about. I think Imreef knows how to upgrade the support drone....
  • amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    I find them useful in detecting threats when my attention might be elsewhere, then I can see what's got him all hot and bothered about and take out the target since the drone itself is pitifully under powered presently.

Talking about drones ... is there any benefit, one way or the other, to using "old" drones parts vs the "new" drones parts. I am accumulating the new ones at an alarming rate and each and every part is listed as opposed to 123 x part 1, 299 x part #2, etc. etc. etc. This is making it all but impossible to scroll through this ever lengthening list of parts. I am afraid if this continues it will "kill" my device. One more PvP Event and I may not even be able to access the feature as it now takes a couple of minutes to populate.

Thanks ...

SCORPION
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Talking about drones ... is there any benefit, one way or the other, to using "old" drones parts vs the "new" drones parts.

Old drone parts can only be used to upgrade your support drone by fusing them. This will increase power level of your support drone.

New drone parts can not be used to increase the power of your support drone - in a way. New drone parts have their own power levels - which you can upgrade also.

Old drone parts can not be used to increase the power level of new drone parts.

Hope this helps....
    Imreef was talking about something completely different....

Go to the Drone upgrade page. Just below it you have four choices - i.e. machine gun, healing ray, shield generator, rocket launcher. When you hit change in any of them four - you will come to a page with your choices for that part. It would have been better if they were "grouped" together in a way so you do not have to scroll from one end to the other.

That's what Imreef was talking about. I think Imreef knows how to upgrade the support drone....
    nope, he is talking about the extra weapons that he won from pvp.

Ok allow me to explain this whole new drone thingie again.

First, u have the drone body.

This drone body has a figure to indicate its "power" rating. Consider this as the "energy capacity" available on the drone. Every drone parts/drones that u carry over from previous version, can be "fused" onto this new drone, as a way to increase the energy capacity. Sorta like batteries. More batteries = more energy capacity. How do we know what parts increase the drone by how much power? Every parts have this "xp" figure and as we fuse in these parts, it will fill up the xp bar to advance the drone to the next level, which in turn, increase the power capacity. So there is a fixed number of xp that u need to fuse in for each level of upgrades to increase the drone energy capacity. Fusing these parts onto the drone will require diamonds or gold. Still Following? Now what happens when all these old parts has been fully fused and u still need more fusing to increase the drone cap? Using The xp tanks that u won from missions open contracts of course, and depending on the tier you are in missions will yield to you what kind of xp tanks u get. Each xp tanks will have its own xp figure, and just like fusing old drone parts, u fuse these tanks, again consuming diamonds or gold, just like before. You have to keep on doing this in order to build a drone with the biggest "energy capacity" as you can afford to. Now we are done with drone upgrading.

Now secondly, is the weapons parts. There are 4 components that can be installed onto the drone. Early in the game we start with machine gun, followed by healthray, shield and rockets. Each of this component has its own power rating. The higher the power, the more damage (machinegun and rocket) it can shoot, and more of your player hp it will generate (health ray) and the more hits your armour can take (shield). As we progress, we will be given a better powered components with higher power rating. We started off with 125, then we get 800 and then 1000 and so on. These are the amount of "power" it will draw from the drone. For example if you have yet to upgrade the drone to have 800 and above power capacity, you wont be able to use component with a rating of 800, so u are stuck with a 125 component. In the mean time while waiting for the drone to be upgrade to exceed 800, and u still wanted to get your components to shoot more then that puny 125, u have the option of "upgrading" the 125, by fusing other extra components that u won from pvp to raise the existing components to be above 125. Again when fusing, it will consume diamonds/gold again. Just like drone level upgrades, these component level upgrades are based on xp figures too, as each 125, 800, 1000 (and so on) components have its own xp figure just like the xp tank for the drone. However pay attention that your resulting components upgraded power rating doesnt exceed your drone's power rating otherwise there will be an error message. So the only thing left to do is maximise the component rating upgrade up to the same level of your drone power rating.

Or again u need to upgrade your drone in order to accommodate a more powerful component. Rinse and repeat.
  • 28FOXTROT28FOXTROT Registered Users 49 Posts
    trying to fuse drone weapon parts and it takes well over a minute for the screen to even load my list of parts. During this time, the game just freezes... When I do get to the weapons parts list, I can't even scroll through the list. I have a ton of parts and i'm just a casual player.

My guess is the game is trying to load everything. Hopefully GLU is aware of this and is working to make the drone parts screen a bit better as far as usability goes.

I'm on an ipad mini with 64GB of storage and on wifi
  • bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    28FOXTROT wrote: »
    trying to fuse drone weapon parts and it takes well over a minute for the screen to even load my list of parts. During this time, the game just freezes... When I do get to the weapons parts list, I can't even scroll through the list. I have a ton of parts and i'm just a casual player.

My guess is the game is trying to load everything. Hopefully GLU is aware of this and is working to make the drone parts screen a bit better as far as usability goes.

I'm on an ipad mini with 64GB of RAM and on wifi

My upload of parts menus on both my iPad 64GB and my Kindle got slower and slower and finally, the parts upgrade screen won't load at all on either platform. The game simply freezes on both devices when I attempt to upgrade or change parts which requires a complete restart of both devices. I view that as a good thing, since I now can't be tempted to spend any more diamonds on useless Drone upgrades. I have hundreds of parts listed from just one weekend tournament play. Seems like a major flaw in the system.
    28FOXTROT wrote: »
    I'm on an ipad mini with 64GB of RAM and on wifi

Your iPad mini has 1GB of RAM - but it does have a 64GB of storage.

That's why I'm hoping that Apple ups the ante a bit on the next one for better computing experience - i.e. less lag and all...
  • 28FOXTROT28FOXTROT Registered Users 49 Posts
    Your iPad mini has 1GB of RAM - but it does have a 64GB of storage.

That's why I'm hoping that Apple ups the ante a bit on the next one for better computing experience - i.e. less lag and all...

haha... i didn't even notice I typed it that way... meant to say storage. Thanks for the correction
    Yep, the only problem here is that you won more parts faster than the diamonds u have to fuse them in.