Options

Amazon players being shut out of this week's tournament

PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
League play ended a day early for us yesterday, and I'm still getting the message that "Server maintenance is being held. Please, try again later". The 4000 VP milestone is hard enough to reach with a full 4 days, and we're already short by almost a half day. Any idea when our servers will be available?

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    League play ended a day early for us yesterday, and I'm still getting the message that "Server maintenance is being held. Please, try again later". The 4000 VP milestone is hard enough to reach with a full 4 days, and we're already short by almost a half day. Any idea when our servers will be available?

I feel your pain ... Google Android suffered the same fate yesterday losing last day of League Event. :-(

SCORPION
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    ... Any idea when our servers will be available?

What I had to do is open the Amazon App Store app, hit the 3 dots top left, go to My Apps, and under updates, hit the refresh icon. Then CKS showed up in the list.

The same thing happened to me on the 2.0 update - I ended up using the Google Play Store to update, which made me appear to loose all data - weapons, handle, equipment, level...
    I was not a happy camper for a couple days until Glu told me to delete the game, and re-install it from Amazon. Data recovered (in a manner of speaking - it was still on the device in another area).
  • Options
    PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    After trying your instructions, I was still getting the "Server maintenance is being held. Please, try again later" message. I shutdown my Kindle Fire HDX 7, then tried again, and then it worked. I got a couple out of disk space messages while the game was starting up, but knew that I had plenty of space so just kept hitting "retry" until it finished.

I'm back in the game now -- thanks much!!
  • Options
    bandittbanditt Registered Users 3 Posts
    After trying your instructions, I was still getting the "Server maintenance is being held. Please, try again later" message. I shutdown my Kindle Fire HDX 7, then tried again, and then it worked. I got a couple out of disk space messages while the game was starting up, but knew that I had plenty of space so just kept hitting "retry" until it finished.

I'm back in the game now -- thanks much!!

Where is the refresh button??
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts

I updated on Amazon yesterday and have been playing since. Most other players are there as well. The current leader has 2621 points, number 10 has 987 and number 30 has 546. This, of course is nothing compared to IOS, which has 4639, 2811 and 1735, but that is usual volume for the Amazon platform.

Good luck getting on board!
  • Options
    banditt wrote: »
    Where is the refresh button??
    It's the 2 circular arrows pointing head to tail.
  • Options
    Neo1800Neo1800 Registered Users 94 Posts
    Wasn't aware Amazon had a Game Center
  • Options
    Neo1800 wrote: »
    Wasn't aware Amazon had a Game Center

Amazon App Store is the same as Google Play Store. But in the case of CKS, they are coded a slight bit differently. I have no idea why, I guess the earlier Kindles were not as powerfull/compatible as they are now? Don't know.
  • Options
    Neo1800Neo1800 Registered Users 94 Posts
    Oh I see, Kindle Gear.
    Actually a decent size tablet for pocket.
  • Options
    Neo1800 wrote: »
    Oh I see, Kindle Gear.
    Actually a decent size tablet for pocket.

I have a Nexus 7. Any Android can download the Amazon app - similar to pre-installed Google Play app.