In the previous matchmaking system, it was based on player VP. This lead to players being matched with low VP defenders that had very strong base defense, making almost impossible to win in some cases. While this sounds good for the defending player, it didn’t provide the best experience for all players involved in PvP.
This and other reasons lead us to change the matchmaking system.
What was changed?
- Players are now matched based on power of their weapons versus the defender’s base power.
- If you purchase higher powered weapons then you will be matched with stronger enemy bases.
- However, at the same time you will steal more diamonds.
- If you purchase the best guns you will be matched with the top base as it is the latest in the game.
- We’ve added bot opponents.
- First – when there are no real opponents, instead of giving an error and losing the diamonds, we match the player up with a bot instead.
- Second – Players that have the highest powered weapons, but no live opponents with comparable base defense power, are now matched with our strongest possible opponent.
- Win Streaks effect the which matches you get
- As you build a win streak with each win you will be matched with players with higher base defense power.
- Upon failing to defeat a base, your win streak will reset and you will be matched with players based on your weapon power.
- As your opponents become harder to beat you will receive more diamonds upon success. (The increase in diamond payout is due to the opponent being stronger, not win streak number)