Options

I'm also stuck with the Nighthawk and Mantis

unhappyunhappy Registered Users 114 Posts
Hi, I've upgraded base to tier 8, completed all missions up to Brazil, and the only way i can upgrade weapons is by gold?

Capture.png

Any one able to advise please?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    freddagofreddago Registered Users 39 Posts
    I have the same problem. Did you get any advice on this?
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    freddago wrote: »
    I have the same problem. Did you get any advice on this?

If I'm understanding your question, usually Assault weapons have an option for in-game CASH upgrades. Some weapons can only be purchased using GOLD.

Now in your case, FORGET the Scarab, you can purchase the GRANITE for $462,000 using in game CASH. You really have to be careful using the store, be patient and look around ... a mistake can cost YOU dearly.

The GRANITE is also a SUPERIOR WEAPON ..... Rated 8.0 as opposed to 7.0 for the SCARAB and is TWICE as powerful ... you almost made a HUGE mistake ... SMILES.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    If I'm understanding your question, usually Assault weapons have an option for in-game CASH upgrades. Some weapons can only be purchased using GOLD.

Now in your case, FORGET the Scarab, you can purchase the GRANITE for $462,000 using in game CASH. You really have to be careful using the store, be patient and look around ...

Granite is only available for me in parts. currently have 0/50 :mad:

Thanks anyway ;)
  • Options
    Randy1959Randy1959 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Keep going up in levels to 69 I think and it will be opened for cash
  • Options
    Randy1959 wrote: »
    Keep going up in levels to 69 I think and it will be opened for cash

Thanks, must be 70, as i am on 69 now. slowly gaining xp!
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    I think lvl 75 granite AR & slingshot sr
    ( + )
  • Options
    World On Fire is the sixth boss and if it takes around 10 levels to kill each boss it's normal to be on level 60. I completed Global Assault (fifth boss) on level 48 and I could buy the star 6 weapons for cash. However, now when I have killed the sixth boss (World On Fire) I'm at level 58 and I can not buy the star 7 weapons required for Brazil (seventh boss). I just played until level 60 using all mission in all "Worlds" but I still can't buy any new weapons for cash. Do I have to play repeatable missions for 10 levels to reach level 70 to unlock the star 7 weapons?? It doesn't make sense at all. Something is not right here...
  • Options
    NoobieNoobie Registered Users 163 Posts
    World On Fire is the sixth boss and if it takes around 10 levels to kill each boss it's normal to be on level 60. I completed Global Assault (fifth boss) on level 48 and I could buy the star 6 weapons for cash. However, now when I have killed the sixth boss (World On Fire) I'm at level 58 and I can not buy the star 7 weapons required for Brazil (seventh boss). I just played until level 60 using all mission in all "Worlds" but I still can't buy any new weapons for cash. Do I have to play repeatable missions for 10 levels to reach level 70 to unlock the star 7 weapons?? It doesn't make sense at all. Something is not right here...

What has worked for me in the past is the following.

There are open contracts for each region - i.e. Global Assault, World On Fire, etc.. Play them numerous times until you advance to the next level. Check the Store upon reaching the desired level.

Let us know if that helps...
  • Options
    Noobie wrote: »
    What has worked for me in the past is the following.

There are open contracts for each region - i.e. Global Assault, World On Fire, etc.. Play them numerous times until you advance to the next level. Check the Store upon reaching the desired level.

Let us know if that helps...

Yep ... I keep mentioning "Close The Contracts" but everyone wants to advance quickly. No shortcuts guys, we all had to slug it out in the beginning. You'll get there ... be patient.
  • Options
    6352763527 Registered Users 64 Posts
    Yep ... I keep mentioning "Close The Contracts" but everyone wants to advance quickly. No shortcuts guys, we all had to slug it out in the beginning. You'll get there ... be patient.

Are you on crack or something? I'm a Lv 72 player who has a tier 8 base and have completed all the contracts in each area up until Brazil and no weapons have unlocked for me for in game cash.
  • Options
    63527 wrote: »
    Are you on crack or something? I'm a Lv 72 player who has a tier 8 base and have completed all the contracts in each area up until Brazil and no weapons have unlocked for me for in game cash.

Maybe ** SMILES ** I haven't played contracts for some time so maybe something HAS changed. You should be able to grab a better Sniper OR Assault after you've completed a campaign, since you won't be able to advance without one.

If you've completed the campaign AND there are no upgrades available for you then there definitely IS A PROBLEM.

Leave a private message for HANDLES and submit a Customer Care ticket. The forum posters cannot help you with something of this nature anyways ... all we can do is tell you how WE did it.

I wouldn't hold my breath though ...
  • Options
    Maybe ** SMILES ** I haven't played contracts for some time so maybe something HAS changed. You should be able to grab a better Sniper OR Assault after you've completed a campaign, since you won't be able to advance without one.

If you've completed the campaign AND there are no upgrades available for you then there definitely IS A PROBLEM.

Leave a private message for HANDLES and submit a Customer Care ticket. The forum posters cannot help you with something of this nature anyways ... all we can do is tell you how WE did it.

I wouldn't hold my breath though ...

I noticed something wrong immediately and had no choice but to enter the competition scene and try to win the Gramar assault weapon. If this problem persists, I'll have no choice but to compete for the sniper rifle this week!
  • Options
    I noticed something wrong immediately and had no choice but to enter the competition scene and try to win the Gramar assault weapon. If this problem persists, I'll have no choice but to compete for the sniper rifle this week!

That is an EXCELLENT game plan since the weapons available via PvP are infinitely better than the weapons you'll earn via completing contracts ... with one caveat ...

It's hard to win at PvP WITHOUT a superior weapon, and you can't get a superior weapon WITHOUT spending GOLD, the in game cash weapons at best will only get you to the next level and you'll need to do it all over.

So what do you do? ... It's really YOUR decision.

Welcome to The Wonderful World of GLU.

FYI ... I treat SNIPERS as disposable since you'll rarely use them in PvP anyway. Now a good HEAVY or TESLA will get you victories. Fully Equipped and you'll be unbeatable I've used the same weapons for weeks now and they are still getting me AP.
  • Options
    That is an EXCELLENT game plan since the weapons available via PvP are infinitely better than the weapons you'll earn via completing contracts ... with one caveat ...

It's hard to win at PvP WITHOUT a superior weapon, and you can't get a superior weapon WITHOUT spending GOLD, the in game cash weapons at best will only get you to the next level and you'll need to do it all over.

So what do you do? ... It's really YOUR decision.

Welcome to The Wonderful World of GLU.

FYI ... I treat SNIPERS as disposable since you'll rarely use them in PvP anyway. Now a good HEAVY or TESLA will get you victories. I used the same weapons for weeks now and they are still getting me AP.

What can I say, this game is cancer.
  • Options

LMAO ... true

BTW to show how disposable SNIPERS are, I must have 20 (or more) of them ...
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Consider sniper rifles and assault rifles wall hangers in pvp anyways
    ( + )
  • Options

If you want to win a great weapon without spending one cent, it can be done but will require you play an incredible number of hours. I've only done it once as an experiment and was exhausted. Very little sleep, no time for human interaction. Stock up on supplies like food and drink, get plenty of rest prior to GLOBAL. DAY #1 into DAY #2 (no sleep at all). Give it a try, let me know how you make out.
  • Options
    Merc316Merc316 Registered Users 103 Posts
    Consider sniper rifles and assault rifles wall hangers in pvp anyways

Yes that is true.But in order to do the contracts you have to have them and have them maxed.
    That's why I prefer to just buy them for in game cash though,I still use my heavy and my tesla in the contract area.
  • Options
    unhappy wrote: »
    Thanks, must be 70, as i am on 69 now. slowly gaining xp!

unhappy, have you reached level 70 yet? Did it open star 7 weapons for cash...?
  • Options
    not yet, i only get about 70xp or so every contract. after reading all the compleints from everyone i think i'm giving up with this game. most GLU reviews on the app stores are poor, for all games not just this one!
  • Options
    unhappy, have you reached level 70 yet? Did it open star 7 weapons for cash...?

I'm level 74 and the weapons have not unlocked for credits for me. I reinstalled the game and the problem still persisted. I e-mailed customer service and hope to get a response in two weeks.
  • Options
    I'm level 74 and the weapons have not unlocked for credits for me. I reinstalled the game and the problem still persisted. I e-mailed customer service and hope to get a response in two weeks.

I have reported this too a week ago or so, but I haven't heard anything yet. I would be interesting to know if this is a game error or if it is the new way it's supposed to work. I'm on level 64 now and still no sign of cash weapons. I won't go any further without any explanation.
  • Options
    I have reported this too a week ago or so, but I haven't heard anything yet. I would be interesting to know if this is a game error or if it is the new way it's supposed to work. I'm on level 64 now and still no sign of cash weapons. I won't go any further without any explanation.

Because of that glitch, I had no choice but to compete for assault and sniper rifles. What a load of bs by the developers. Seriously, I already have the assault weapon, I now need the sniper rifle to make my way to level 90. I really hate this company for screwing over good players like ourselves and they wonder why this game only generates 6.1 million. Jeez.
  • Options
    I managed to win an assault/sniper rifle in the global competition and have been able to unlock the ascension region. I noticed that by unlocking the ascension region, I've been able to buy weapons for in game cash again. It looks to me that after clearing the World on Fire Stage, GLU wants you to purchase an assault/sniper rifle for gold or win them in a competition or else you won't be able to further yourself in the storyline. It looks like they turned this part of the game into a scam, again.

Here's the thing about getting the Gramr/Eve assault and sniper rifle, it's been really hard to compete against the new bases.
  • Options
    I got a reply from the Glu support about not being able to buy weapons for cash after finishing World On Fire. First they adviced me to upgrade both weapons fully and clear out all missions for the new weapons to appear for cash. It didn't work and based on my experience, that's not a must to open up the weapons. You just need to take out the boss and the next World and weapons will open up. The next reply was that they thanked me for reporting the bug, I would not be compensated and I will have to wait for the future bug fixing releases for a solution. There was no information when it will come.
  • Options
    Great news, the bug has been fixed! It's now possible to buy the level 7 weapons for cash. Thanks!