Options

What Determines the Base you have?

Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
I've always been curious about my base defense, do I have a long or short range one?

Comments

• Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I started a thread on this some time ago. Nothing conclusive, unless someone tells you, and chatting isn't global, so you'll never know.

Basically you can tell by how often you get raided. If it's a lot, then you're a long defense. If not, you either have a strong drone and Tier 11 stats, or are always presented as a short defense. Like others have said, the heavy is the weak link in the game, so a short defense would be nice to know you have. Even there, med kits and grenades are the equalizer.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    The role of the BASE DEFENSE with regards to battles has always mystified me to some degree.

The only thing I can take away from it all is ...

VAULT CAPACITY and PLAYER HEALTH appear to be levels that affect YOU as a PLAYER.

GUARD LEVEL and SENTRY LEVEL would appear to affect how "resilient" your MERCS, JUGGS and SENTRIES are to attacks, how many of them are actually present on the game map and as such are better equipped to protect your diamond vault by WINNING the battle.

These are measurable by how often you get attacked, and how often your DEFENSE wins. What "type" of battle (short or long) would appear to be irrelevant AND there is no way to qualify it anyways.

I think the only way to determine how effective your DEFENSE is against LONG or SHORT battles would be to see what weapons the attacker that WINS has is his ****nal vs. the attacker that LOOSES. The SENTRY might provide better protection against LONGS while JUGGERNAUTS (guard level) are more problematic in SHORT battles.

This is only speculation on my part however.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Getting raided lots = long base seems likely pity glu don't tell us what determines our bases coming up as long or short defence
    ( + )