Options

Base Power and Weapons

NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts

Hi there.

This may be answered in the past but I didn't find anything in your recent posts.
Is my base power actually affected in any way by the weapon I'm equipped with?
In other words, when I'm being attacked, will it actually be better for me if I have a 200K weapon equipped and 73K base power vs a 10K weapon and 73K base power?

Thanks in advance
You will go where you look at...
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Your weapons are used only in attacks and hove no impact on defenses. The exception is the Drone which is used both offensively and defensively.

The the converse appears to be true however. If you increase the power of your Base, the weapons power appears to increase, even though their rating remains the same
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Just a small footnote to what BRADR752 mentioned is that the higher your weapon's rating, the more difficult the opponents you will attract in PvP. It's not directly related to weapon vs base, but it should be noted. Best to keep your ratings in sync.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    Thank you both guys.
    I don't have a problem with this (for now) since my 130K Tesla is more than enough for all (long range) 93.12K bots.
    What I also noticed and found interesting is that, when upgrading my base economy level, the max diamonds I can get from a pvp also increases. Previous max was 23.3K and now it's 27.3K or something.
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    If i was starting over i would keep weapons in line with base and the last thing I'd upgrade is the drone diamond bin as it's the least useful until it's around 50k which requires a lot of diamond input
    ( + )
  • Options
    As you get higher weapons upgrades cost more my tier 8 base couldn't fully upgrade a 10.5 weapon so the game try to steer you in the right direction
    ( + )
  • Options
    I tried really hard not to derail from the strategy you just described and I think I did it.
    70% of the members of my clan have 30-60K base power but their weapons are 10+ whereas I have a 73K base power and 10-10.5 weapons.
    I really need a heavy gun though. I'm still with a 4.32K one since last year :-)
    The one currently on sale in the store (lvl 11) seems rubbish (720 gold, can't remember the name)
  • Options
    As you get higher weapons upgrades cost more my tier 8 base couldn't fully upgrade a 10.5 weapon so the game try to steer you in the right direction
    ( + )
  • Options
    Play global events to win a heavy weapon and i think we're due a tesla one next trouble is you don't want a super weapon that attracts a super defence last global pvp i muddled through with 11.5 weapons and tier 8 base which not unsurprisingly left me using med kits as health was an issue
    ( + )
  • Options
    @straightshooter: Player health is the number one reason we all need to upgrade our bases in my opinion. Base economy is also important. I've quit building up my drone after I got it to 8.2K power. Maybe when the time comes when we'll be getting 50K from each pvp, I will resume building it up.
  • Options
    My pvp awards usually under 15k as my base India tier 9 32.32k so I've noticed from your comments a better base should reward higher pvp diamonds too as my win streak sometimes over 100 reward hasn't been going up like I'd anticipated
    ( + )
  • Options
    This is correct. The highest reward I could get before I upgraded my base economy, was 23.3K (with 69.12K base power).
    Now I can get a max 26.78K from each pvp, simply by upgrading my base economy.
    I can now upgrade my base at least once every day!
  • Options
    That's a great help as when latest campaign came out i chucked diamonds from tesla/heavy into drone at 12k the drone rocket trails point out where opponents are but nowhere near strong enough to take much out
    ( + )
  • Options
    Are you into motorbikes nk14 just on my bike test my instructor told me you end up where you look
    ( + )
  • Options
    Max out your base first (at least Player Health and Base Economy), then your weapons and then start investing on your drone.
  • Options
    NK14 wrote: »
    Max out your base first (at least Player Health and Base Economy), then your weapons and then start investing on your drone.

Your order of upgrade priorities is the one I have always used, but I am rethinking the relative importance of Player Health, particularly as you get into the more advanced levels. I have a maxxed out Level 10 base, with Player Health of 357 K. My last upgrade to Player Health added 3201 to that rating. That represents an increase of less than 1% and cost 819.2 K Diamonds.

I still agree that Base Economy is top priority, but upgrading Tesla and Heavy are more important than other Base upgrades.

BTW, if you are underpowered and losing PVP contests, weapons upgrade move to the head of the line, above Base Economy.
  • Options
    Bradr752 you've confirmed advice of my clan as my diamonds in very short supply I'll put into top tier weapons i have as my tier 9 diamond output maxed out at present thankyou all for your input
    ( + )
  • Options
    Never said it was cheap, right? :-)

Witrh all due respect, your aspect is correct but flawed in some ways.
    1) You said it yourself earlier. Weapons very fast get degraded (in campaign or in PVP) and in time useless but not your base
    2) This may sound familiar; you may have come to a point where, even before you maxed out your weapon, a new (better) weapon was available for you to buy or win in an event. So the hundreds of thousands or millions of diamonds you spent, are now down the well
    3) You are between the most active players in pvp in CKS, right? What do you do with all the extra diamonds you win? I'm sure you get a lot. Why put them in your drone instead of your base?
  • Options
    I'm concerned what surprises this maintainance update will bring maybe another curve ball for pvp match ups
    ( + )
  • Options
    Someone on global asked why no pistols me I'd like to call in the artillery
    ( + )
  • Options
    arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
    I have always focused more on my weapons than my base...whenever a new weapon was offered to buy with in-game cash, i would buy it and upgrade it fully as quick as possible. This has always worked well 4 me as i was almost always able 2 win then against bases that were equal 2 my attack power, and a lot of times, i was able 2 win against higher bases...that was until CKS 3.0 came out, and then everything changed. Now i cant win SQUAT! I have maxed out weapons at 92k attack power but now i can barely win against 69k power bases...and forget about 92k power bases, at least not w/o using a lot of accessories 2 help me win. I lose more PVP matches now than i win, and bc i am constantly getting matched up 2 92k power bases, i am spending 10s of thousands in diamonds searching 4 matches i can win. In short, i HATE this new update and am really losing interest in this game, Glu really screwed it up with this updated version.
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    I'm concerned what surprises this maintainance update will bring maybe another curve ball for pvp match ups

The big surprise that I am seeing was that before the update I was complaining about not being able to compete against the Tier 11 92K short range bases. Not all that I am seeing is 132K+ Tier 11 short range bases. What gives? If I had no chance to defeat a 92K base, what am I supposed to do against a 132K base defense?
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    The big surprise that I am seeing was that before the update I was complaining about not being able to compete against the Tier 11 92K short range bases. Not all that I am seeing is 132K+ Tier 11 short range bases. What gives? If I had no chance to defeat a 92K base, what am I supposed to do against a 132K base defense?

They have changed the power ratings. Before the upgrade, I had trouble with 92 K defenses, now I can take 184 K defenses with a Drone, without using a Medkit. Try out some of these high value defenses, they are easier than you think.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    They have changed the power ratings. Before the upgrade, I had trouble with 92 K defenses, now I can take 184 K defenses with a Drone, without using a Medkit. Try out some of these high value defenses, they are easier than you think.

OMG What is a 184K DEFENSE ??? Sounds like it's double the maximum rating of 92K... Come on guys, you're having a big joke right?
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    OMG What is a 184K DEFENSE ??? Sounds like it's double the maximum rating of 92K... Come on guys, you're having a big joke right?

The upgrade has changed the values to make them more realistic. I have been beating 184 K Shorts with a 50 K drone without using a medkit most of the time.
  • Options
    The upgrade has changed the values to make them more realistic. I have been beating 184 K Shorts with a 50 K drone without using a medkit most of the time.

You had me worried for a sec ... next time don't do that without some sort of a lead in. LMAO
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    You had me worried for a sec ... next time don't do that without some sort of a lead in. LMAO

You are going to like the upgrade. Video runs without a stutter on my iPad. Lots of 25000 to 40000 Vaults to attack. The Drones are way killable when you can aim at them. The Defense numbers are now realistic: A 200 K Heavy can take a 184 K Short, even with a Drone.
  • Options
    You are going to like the upgrade. Video runs without a stutter on my iPad. Lots of 25000 to 40000 Vaults to attack. The Drones are way killable when you can aim at them. The Defense numbers are now realistic: A 200 K Heavy can take a 184 K Short, even with a Drone.

Hip Hip ... Hooray ... it's finally fixed !!! I trust YOUR assessment. Everyone is complaining. About what? I have no idea ...
  • Options
    The Drone weapons change glitch is fixed, though you will laugh when you see how they did it. You still own hundreds of parts, but at least you can now sort through them. I have not figure out how to upgrade the weapons though.

Clearly, some people are having problems. I wonder if they have gone to the App Store and downloaded the new App.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Mmmm, doughnuts! [having a Homer Simpson moment]

Sounding like this will make me a happy camper again! I feel some heavy spending coming this weekend, but only 3 days for us Android guys.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    Mmmm, doughnuts! [having a Homer Simpson moment]

Sounding like this will make me a happy camper again! I feel some heavy spending coming this weekend, but only 3 days for us Android guys.

3 DAYS is more than enough, this much is sure. I find 4 days to be a bit tedious ... I welcome a short Global. Personally, I don't really get rolling until Day #3 anyway, after the leaders have shut down their engines **SMILES**