Options

Beating a dead horse / Drone issues

Mudbug308Mudbug308 Registered Users 65 Posts
I find it mind boggling that the drone problem has not been completely fixed by now. Firstly why make it such agonizingly slow and super expensive process to upgrade drone power? Every level you go up consumes entirely too much diamonds then next level costs you more. In the meantime the game stuffs you full of extra parts I don't need at the moment. I say make drone power upgrade same cost all the way across the board then everyone gets to burn up awarded parts. I envy those who had the glitch of being awarded more diamonds than they could handle, my drone would have been maxed out and with the drine part listing fixed now he would be fighting the pvp battles on his own now.

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    I have mixed feelings about drones. Other than mas'd out DEFENSIVE drones, they're really of no use. I WIN without him and my BASE defends against attackers with OR without him, in my humble opinion. Now if we collected POINTS for each successful BASE DEFENSE, then I could see spending the time to equip the little bugger. As it stands presently, I have other upgrades that are more pressing.

If by some miracle, I reach a point where I actually have diamonds to burn, then I'll start upgrading my DRONE. Maxing out my TIER 11 BASE is most important to me at this point.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    I have mixed feelings about drones. Other than mas'd out DEFENSIVE drones, they're really of no use. I WIN without him and my BASE defends against attackers with OR without him, in my humble opinion. Now if we collected POINTS for each successful BASE DEFENSE, then I could see spending the time to equip the little bugger. As it stands presently, I have other upgrades that are more pressing.

If by some miracle, I reach a point where I actually have diamonds to burn, then I'll start upgrading my DRONE. Maxing out my TIER 11 BASE is most important to me at this point.

We now have so many places to spend diamonds it is hard to know how to prioritize: Base upgrades, Primary weapons upgrades, secondary weapons upgrades, Drone upgrades, Drone weapon upgrades. It is hard to prioritize.

I took a look at the members of the Elites Clan, which is the top rated clan on IOS and has as members at least 10 of the top 20 players on the leaderboard. Keep in mind they play a lot, so they generate a lot of Diamonds. Here is what I found: 17 of the 20 have Level 11 Bases, though only half of those have been maxxed out. All are fully decked out with 10.5 to 11.5 weapons, fully upgraded, but only one player has 12.0 weapons, and they are a Sniper and an Assault weapon, so nobody is using a weapon in PVP events that wasn't available to all.

Nobody has a drone rated above 80 K and only 7 have Drones rated at 51 K or above, which is where the Drone really becomes useful. The remainder have drones in the 8 K to 22 K range. Nobody has a Drone that doesn't have at least 8 K weapons on board.

In short, these guys are well equipped, but not all that much better than the not so serious player. They just play harder,longer and better than the rest of us.

The second take-away from these stats is that the best players upgrade weapons first, Base second, and Drones last.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    We now have so many places to spend diamonds it is hard to know how to prioritize: Base upgrades, Primary weapons upgrades, secondary weapons upgrades, Drone upgrades, Drone weapon upgrades. It is hard to prioritize.

I took a look at the members of the Elites Clan, which is the top rated clan on IOS and has as members at least 10 of the top 20 players on the leaderboard. Keep in mind they play a lot, so they generate a lot of Diamonds. Here is what I found: 17 of the 20 have Level 11 Bases, though only half of those have been maxxed out. All are fully decked out with 10.5 to 11.5 weapons, fully upgraded, but only one player has 12.0 weapons, and they are a Sniper and an Assault weapon, so nobody is using a weapon in PVP events that wasn't available to all.

Nobody has a drone rated above 80 K and only 7 have Drones rated at 51 K or above, which is where the Drone really becomes useful. The remainder have drones in the 8 K to 22 K range. Nobody has a Drone that doesn't have at least 8 K weapons on board.

In short, these guys are well equipped, but not all that much better than the not so serious player. They just play harder,longer and better than the rest of us.

The second take-away from these stats is that the best players upgrade weapons first, Base second, and Drones last.

Yes Sir and with all of that taken into consideration, my draw still drops when I think of the TIME and EFFORT, let alone the DIAMONDS required to max one out. Please tell me they did away with the max'd out opponent feature when a real opponent isn't available? I guess we won't know for sure until the next Global ....

Even collecting an aggregate sum of 10K diamonds per battle takes forever.
  • Options
    Yes Sir and with all of that taken into consideration, my draw still drops when I think of the TIME and EFFORT, let alone the DIAMONDS required to max one out. Please tell me they did away with the max'd out opponent feature when a real opponent isn't available? I guess we won't know for sure until the next Global ....

The opponents I have been facing since the upgrade are completely different than the opponents we have faced the last couple of weeks. Wide variety big vaults (20 to 37 K) low value Drones, and very few maxxed out Tier 11 opponents. I will say it again: even the 184 K opponents are easier than the old 92s. My Medkit use is down over 50%.
  • Options
    The opponents I have been facing since the upgrade are completely different than the opponents we have faced the last couple of weeks. Wide variety big vaults (20 to 37 K) low value Drones, and very few maxxed out Tier 11 opponents. I will say it again: even the 184 K opponents are easier than the old 92s. My Medkit use is down over 50%.

Very nice to hear indeed ... tomorrow we'll get the acid test for sure. I'm gonna shake this update until it screams for mercy and document any glitches I find along the way.
  • Options
    Very nice to hear indeed ... tomorrow we'll get the acid test for sure. I'm gonna shake this update until it screams for mercy and document any glitches I find along the way.

I have lost track, do you know what time this is supposed to happen and do you know when they will start the Global?
  • Options
    I have lost track, do you know what time this is supposed to happen and do you know when they will start the Global?

HANDLES didn't say for sure after he changed the date, but I assume the 1 AM PST/PDT is still in force. The Global should start 6-9 hours later provided there are no problems.