Options

Bombs/Weapons& Drugs crates. Nitpick or valid annoyances?

scallywagscallywag Registered Users 13 Posts
Ok... this isn't a bug, per say, so I'll post it in here. I always find it incredibly annoying when I plant a bomb on the wall and then watch the bloom of the explosion propagate from the floor and not from the bomb. Sometimes the sightline is still clear to the bomb and you can watch it remain intact on the wall while the explosion occurs.

And if this bomb is supposed to be taking out an entire building, why is the bang so puny?

Also, the descriptive blurb at the beginning of many missions says the warehouse is packed with weapons/drugs, but you blow up two measly crates and you're done! Should be lots more.

Any other (shall we say) inconsistencies that bug you?

Comments

• Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I've modeled military weapons containers before, and always thought when you blow up the missile container, it blows up as empty. That being said, I think the original programmers did a great job on the core of the software, and you have to have some "suspension of disbelief" with it. This isn't a movie with cgi effects, thank goodness!

Physics are super exaggerated as in the killed victims either flying up in the air (saw one guy go up over 20' in the air) or tumbling backward, or shacking violently before disappearing. And it's funny when the crew of 6 in a short battle all jump out the windows and end up at different heights on the ground, some below the surface, some floating above it. Bullet flashes miss-timed with explosions.

I could go on and on, but these are all in my mind somewhat endearing. It's a game! Enjoy it for what it is. As to the prose, I just read it very occasionally. There's no Tom Clancy here.
  • Options
    NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
    I agree with both of you (I'm not a politician, don't worry).
    Let me explain myself.
    I agree with scallywag because posts like that help improve (hopefully) all aspects of the game.
    On the other hand I also agree with try_again when he says: It's a game! Enjoy it for what it is! Well said.

Cheers
    You will go where you look at...
  • Options
    Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
    I've had many nitpicks in the game. Like my guy running around with the bipod down on the heavy gun when he clearly isn't using it. Also, why can't I charge the telsa while I'm ducking? I know that would make things way to easy when using a tesla, but logically I don't need to be looking through the scope to start charging it up.
  • Options
    bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts
    Crafty042 wrote: »
    I've had many nitpicks in the game. Like my guy running around with the bipod down on the heavy gun when he clearly isn't using it. Also, why can't I charge the telsa while I'm ducking? I know that would make things way to easy when using a tesla, but logically I don't need to be looking through the scope to start charging it up.

I like it! And that would remove the need to upgrade the weapon's charging rate too! :)
  • Options
    NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
    Now this is what I call wishful thinking. :)
    At least it's thinking and not whining!
    You will go where you look at...
  • Options
    Today I was doing one of those destroy property missions and on the last slo mo shot going towards a car, the car was exploding up into the air before the bullet even got there. Made for a better show visually anyway.
  • Options
    Another huge annoyance for me. I'm a trained assassin, but I can't reload a weapon while I'm on the move. I hate having to reload, then move forward, or vice versa. Why can't I reload my weapon while I'm moving from cover to cover?