Options

How are Ties sorted in Global & League Events?

bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts
Here's a question that has been nagging me since the introduction of these events...

"How are the ties sorted out or prioritized?"

I find that I'm always at the bottom of the list of players tied at a certain level. The sorting isn't alphabetical, it isn't based on length of time in the game, it isn't based on VP's or tier level.... I know that I've missed out on weapons parts because of the sorting order at the close of competition.

Any thoughts or incites would be great!

Comments

• Options
    Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
    bajancat wrote: »
    Here's a question that has been nagging me since the introduction of these events...

"How are the ties sorted out or prioritized?"

I find that I'm always at the bottom of the list of players tied at a certain level. The sorting isn't alphabetical, it isn't based on length of time in the game, it isn't based on VP's or tier level.... I know that I've missed out on weapons parts because of the sorting order at the close of competition.

Any thoughts or incites would be great!

I don't know that anyone here has the definitive answer on this, but my best, educated guess is that, since everyone reports they are shown last on a tie, that when a tie occurs, everyone gets the same reward. Say two players are tied for 1st place, they both get 2nd place rewards. Now, I wonder if, hypothetically, if more than 5 were tied for 1st place, if they all get 5th place rewards. Then no one would get 1st through 4th place prizes...
  • Options
    Thanks @Crafty042.

It's easier to track in League events since you can see the full list. I've seen cases where multiple players all have, say, 110 pts. Their placement in the list is sequential and if my name ends up in the 11th place slot, I get the 5 weapons parts... I don't know if the others do as well, but I guess I assumed that they all received their 10 parts...

It would be nice to understand the programming logic since normal logic seems absent...
  • Options
    Angels HolocaustAngels Holocaust Registered Users 571 Posts
    Thanks @Crafty042.

It's easier to track in League events since you can see the full list. I've seen cases where multiple players all have, say, 110 pts. Their placement in the list is sequential and if my name ends up in the 11th place slot, I get the 5 weapons parts... I don't know if the others do as well, but I guess I assumed that they all received their 10 parts...

It would be nice to understand the programming logic since normal logic seems absent...

You are correct. If you're unlucky enough to be in 11th place, you get 5 parts. I remember I had 174 VP and was in first place, my opponent had 172 VP and won another battle and that placed him in first place. You have to understand, in the GLU world, nothing is fair and always be prepared to get screwed over, I hope that helps. If you end up tying with a bunch of players, take the extra initiative to break the tie and come up on top.
  • Options
    Agreed - that's what I end up doing in League play.

In Global play, I don't bother because I have no visibility to the list ahead or behind me. A 'wishlist item' would be to see the players close to your score in Global play... or at least the player holding the spot at the prize milestone. eg. they show 1-30... why not add #250 and #500 to the list... it could actually help to breed more competition...

That said, I'd rather see the bugs fixed first...
  • Options
    Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
    Thanks @Crafty042.

My only guess to the logic is that it would make sense. Regardless if I'm the first one to a number, or last one to get there, I'm shown last in the list of people tied, because that's the place of the reward I'm going to get. I think that's just how it shows on everyone's list; they are last in the tie. If they showed me in 1st place when I was also tied with 2nd place, I would expect 1st place rewards, but that's not what (I assume) will happen to anyone tied.

Glu isn't going to give a reward to everyone tied for a place. If that were the case, everyone would play to 100, get the 50 gold, then stop there. Everyone gets the 1st place reward? I don't think they'd let that happen. Now, I think someone should get it, so I think it should go to the first person that got there, but I really doubt they've thought that far, and instead just give everyone the reward for the place they are shown. In which case, I don't think anyone's device shows them at the top of the tied list.

I do remember once seeing my name in the middle, but I think that was a quick glitch and it didn't last long.
  • Options
    NK14NK14 Registered Users 300 Posts
    Crafty042 wrote: »
    My only guess to the logic is that it would make sense. Regardless if I'm the first one to a number, or last one to get there, I'm shown last in the list of people tied, because that's the place of the reward I'm going to get. I think that's just how it shows on everyone's list; they are last in the tie. If they showed me in 1st place when I was also tied with 2nd place, I would expect 1st place rewards, but that's not what (I assume) will happen to anyone tied.

Glu isn't going to give a reward to everyone tied for a place. If that were the case, everyone would play to 100, get the 50 gold, then stop there. Everyone gets the 1st place reward? I don't think they'd let that happen. Now, I think someone should get it, so I think it should go to the first person that got there, but I really doubt they've thought that far, and instead just give everyone the reward for the place they are shown. In which case, I don't think anyone's device shows them at the top of the tied list.

I do remember once seeing my name in the middle, but I think that was a quick glitch and it didn't last long.

This puzzles me too for a long time and of course I can't explain it either.
    My only contribution to what you already said is that I sometimes (very few though) too find myself at the top of a tie.
    You will go where you look at...