Options

Handles...suggestion re: league & global prizes

arnmanarnman Registered Users 180 Posts
Im not sure why it took me so long 2 bring this up, but the current prize structure when it comes 2 diamond and cash rewards is really a joke. For example, in the Bronze League event, 2 come in 4th-6th place, u get 3 grenades and 2,500 diamonds; 7th-10th place, u get 1,000 diamonds, and 4 11th-20th place, u get $5k. I dont know what the silver and gold leagues offer, but i know that the global event has diamond, and i believe, cash prizes as well, that r similarly lame. These prizes r fine in T1 and mayb T2, but as u start getting in2 the higher tiers (i.e. T10 4 myself), these prize amts r like offering $1 to a milionaire...they r totally useless, seeing as how upgrades require a significant amt of diamonds or cash. My suggestion is this: make the diamond and cash rewards dependent on the tier that u r in, so that they r actually a PRIZE, and not a SLAP IN THE FACE. 4 example, at the T10 level, an actual PRIZE wud b more like 50,000-150,000 diamonds and $100k-$300k, depending on what place u come in in the event.

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    The entire prize structure from the Global on down is out of date. HANDLES has known this for months now; GLU has no plans to change any of this or at least they're not saying.

I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    Crafty042Crafty042 Registered Users 255 Posts
    Just a suggestion, and I know it might be difficult as they already group players by when they join the PVP, but to also group them by tier, and set the prizes accordingly, would be hugely awesome. It probably couldn't be just all Tier 1s, so even if it's Tier 1-3 in one set of prizes, 4-6 in another, 7-9, and 10-12. The weapons would be closer to what lower players need or going to need sooner than later, rather than just having the latest, strongest weapons.

We just know Glu won't do that, because that means more prizes going out and less money for gold coming in.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Crafty042 wrote: »
    Just a suggestion, and I know it might be difficult as they already group players by when they join the PVP, but to also group them by tier, and set the prizes accordingly, would be hugely awesome. It probably couldn't be just all Tier 1s, so even if it's Tier 1-3 in one set of prizes, 4-6 in another, 7-9, and 10-12. The weapons would be closer to what lower players need or going to need sooner than later, rather than just having the latest, strongest weapons.

We just know Glu won't do that, because that means more prizes going out and less money for gold coming in.

I agree with you however, the whole purpose of CKS 3.0 was to ensure that like ranked players would compete against each other and not be matched against superior players. We all know that has failed miserably/

Now with regards to the prizes, that makes perfect sense for a lower TIER player to win a weapon that he can use. Instead you're left with a weapon, that if you equip it, will blow you right out of PvP. Soft of defeats the whole purpose of the 3.0 release.

Again they know all of this and only they know what the hell is going on.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION