Options

7/30 global

bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
New content update added a new Heavy the Ruby 13.5, 768/1.26 M. This is a likely candidate for the Global, which is due to feature a contest for Heavies.
Prev13456

Comments

• Options
    PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    I'm in the Kindle Android group, and the Clan tab still displays "Next Clan Event Coming Soon" rather than a countdown timer to the event. Does that indicate a problem, or perhaps has the content update not been pushed to the Kindle group yet.
  • Options
    R1gol1nR1gol1n Registered Users 157 Posts
    I be out all next week, leaving this Fryday on vacation, so I will miss this Global and the fallowing.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    So here's my simple game plan for the HEAVY Global, provided of course that there is a HEAVY Global.

My LONG RANGE weapons are at 12.5; the TESLA is 85% equipped and should be 100% sometime early on DAY #2.

My SHORT RANGE weapons are at 11.5 and I am looking forward to upgrading my HEAVY to 13.5.

I'll start 3-4 hours behind the pack (as usual) and cruise for DAY #1 and DAY #2 to get a feel for the scoring trends. I'll set a modest pace of 25 victories for each of the first 2 days.

DAY #3 is when I'll start playing and will score enough to qualify for the SILVER LEAGUE. 3,000 AP is my goal after 3 days.

DAY #4 is when I'll start sampling the field and determine what's required to secure the 20 PARTS. Even at the increased scoring trends recently on Google Android, I estimate that 4,500-5,000 AP should be good enough for 20 PARTS. I'll make adjustments along the way.

League play is even simpler ... 10 PARTS (RANK 7-10) each day ... done.

That's it and it shouldn't cost very much either ... Well within my 1,000 BARS of GOLD budget.

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    Google ANDROID 07/30/2015 GLOBAL EVENT 3 DAYS 20 HOURS REMAINING

the_leaders_20150730a.png

the_leaders_20150730b.png

It's quite early yet, but after spotting the field a 4 HOUR head start, I joined to be greeted by this.

(1) The field was relatively small ... only 10,000 when I joined.

(2) GLU has been quietly working in the background on this issue and these are the results?

(3) Everyone is still asleep and I'm the only one AWAKE?

Like I said, it's still early but very, very interesting indeed ... Hmmm

DECISION #1 (It's too early for such things):
    There is a VIP offering right now for a 13.5 TESLA (FLARE-921.6K POWER) ...

I can take the remaining budget for this cycle (3+ weeks), and fully upgrade my current TESLA and TIER 13 BASE; grabbing this 13.5 TESLA in the process. The benefit being I won't need to seriously compete until the next upgrade cycle (14.5 HEAVY) AND can return to my DRONE development program.

Seems like a "no brainer" ... as I mentioned, it's too early for such decisions **SMILES** best to have some coffee first.

OK Done. TIER 13 is upgraded; decided against upgrading current TESLA for obvious reasons (it's 90% equipped anyway). Now to concentrate on this HEAVY; barely enough GOLD left but I should be able to squeak by.

This is a great example of how far $40 / week can go if properly managed. Please take note.
    (Actual Expense Analysis: revised upward to $90 per week including League Events and equipment).

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts
    @Scorpion - I'm EST as well and when I kicked of league play for both CKS and MIRN I noticed that there were more players on MIRN this week... 1st time that's happened! Oh, and the games are now in sync for weapons...

btw, for Day #3, 124 earned me Rank #5 - sniper complete
  • Options
    After 6 hours of play, here is how IOS standings look:

#1 5710 Majorant
    #10 2310 Tonyzapper
    #30 1160 Be5555
    #38 1035 Bradr752

Nothing too wild so far. Average vault size is 38 K, not bad
  • Options
    bajancat wrote: »
    @Scorpion - I'm EST as well and when I kicked of league play for both CKS and MIRN I noticed that there were more players on MIRN this week... 1st time that's happened! Oh, and the games are now in sync for weapons...

btw, for Day #3, 124 earned me Rank #5 - sniper complete

Now that is good news ... great job !!!
  • Options
    For those of you interested in the Super VIP weapons: There is a 13.5 Tesla, the Flare at 3500 Gold, a 14.5 Assault called the Immortal at 5750 Gold and a 14.5 Heavy, called Siege Tower at 7000 Gold.

The Siege Tower maxxes out at 2.82 M. While 7000 Gold represents $220 in buy-ins, for Android players, this will be much cheaper that winning the Top 30 Ruby and has double the power of either Global gun. I will bet you it costs $500 to win the Ruby on Android, so the people who win the Ruby will not even equip it, since they will already have the Siege Tower from the Super VIP.

Crack open your Visa card and load up!
  • Options
    I just noticed a pair of 14.5 WEAPONS available in the VIP; an ASSAULT and a HEAVY. I'm flat broke at the moment and wouldn't be able to spend that much GOLD even if I wanted to.

Good Hunting !!!

Ooops BRADR752 is right ON POINT as usual.
  • Options
    The VIP Flare Tesla at 3500 may not be worth the trouble and expense to upgrade, since it maxxes out at only 1.17 M. This looks like a mistake since it is rate 921.6 K right out of the box. It may actually max out at 1.47 which would be in keeping with Glu's normal upgrade increases.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    The VIP Flare Tesla at 3500 may not be worth the trouble and expense to upgrade, since it maxxes out at only 1.17 M. This looks lika a mistake since it is rate 921.6 K right out of the box. It may actually max out at 1.47 which would be in keeping with Glu's normal upgrade increases.

Already done and it's a deadly weapon capable to blowing away TIER 13 LONG DEFENSES (the LORDSHIP is capable of doing that); this will make it seem like a cake walk. I've learned over time that GLU's ratings don't mean much when comparing weapons. Only true test is take it out for target practice.

I do concede however, that the FLARE is 50-60% more powerful than the LORDSHIP; definitely falls short of double the power though. However, it's clearly 2-3 times the power of the MUDFLOW, which is still an effective weapon, so these latest upgrades should be good for 3-4 months at least.
  • Options
    I took my own advice and did 2 $100 buy-ins. (I was budgeting in one buy-in for the Global) The $200 has netted me an 11.5 Assault (which i didn't need), a 12.5 Sniper, a 13.5 Tesla, 14.5 Assault and Heavies, 29 Medkits and 112.5 K in Diamonds. I have used the Flare Tesla and the Siege Tower Heavy and can report that they are both good to go right out of the box.

As a result of my weapons upgrades, I am getting matched against 640 K to 720 K Bases with average Vault size of 65 K, a radical improvement in Diamond hauls. Neither the Tesla or the Heavy have any difficulty at those levels. Upgrades are going to be expensive, the first tier of upgrades for 13.5 weapons is 493 K and for the 14.5 Heavy, the first level of upgrades is 892.6 K. I will be a while maxxing them out.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I swear - are you guys in a bidding war? I'm laughing now at ideas of moderation and control, but hearing the completely out-of-range payoffs does make me dream!

Now back to feeling like a street corner panhandler...
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    I swear - are you guys in a bidding war? I'm laughing now at ideas of moderation and control, but hearing the completely out-of-range payoffs does make me dream!

**SMILES** I wouldn't call it a bidding war (I couldn't compete with him anyway) ... it's more like keeping each other grounded and honest; we learn from each other.

See the $200 buy in he described is my budget for an entire month, but if you choose your moments, on the right day (like this week's VIP) you can make tremendous headway.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »

As you already have figured out, my budget for this game is much higher than most players, and maybe I shouldn't be giving advice to smaller budget players, but I can't resist.

So that we are clear, here is my advice to players generally.

First, establish a budget for this game. If the budget is zero, spend the free energy credits and have fun. Once you have set that budget, don't exceed it under any circumstances.

Second, whatever your budget is do the largest buy in that your budget will accomodate. Bigger buy ins get more Gold per dollar invested.

Third, spend your Gold during VIP events so you get the bonus of weapons, Medkits, etc. You can use your Gold to buy Energy credits for the whole month during a single VIP event, getting the VIP rewards at the higher level.

Fourth, DON'T GO OVER YOUR BUDGET.

This is an expensive game and it is important to get the most bang for your gaming buck.

The use of VIP events is an important way to do this.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Bradr, I'm not knocking your methods, it's just that I keep thinking with a little more time, I can get there.

If I didn't have a stingy up-bringing, I know I too would enjoy the extra benefits of higher payouts and super weapons. I live vicariously in the dreams of what you guys have accomplished.

But the faint voice in my nature keeps repeating that this is a virtual game, and the realities of life always stop me short of hitting that buy button!

I have my methods that have worked so far, always a tier behind in the baby bear of leagues, so it works for me - but, I still am at heart a dreamer of being able of defeating these constant hurdles that GLU dishes out!
  • Options
    Try Again, I respect your approach to the game (and it is just a game). Sounds like your approach is working for you, and that you are having fun, what could be better. I hope that you will post the details of your cost effective strategy, so that others with similar styles and budgets can benefit.

Keep it up!
  • Options
    I once knew a guy, great guy, caring guy. Had a wonderful son, took him everywhere he went. He loved to have fun and experience different things. He came home one night, went to bed and never woke up. Now I am not suggesting that we all start running down the streets with our hair on fire because today might be our last ... but we should also allow ourselves the relatively small indulgences that bring us enjoyment and pleasure ...

... as long as we can afford it !!! ** SMILES **
  • Options
    bajancatbajancat Registered Users 139 Posts
    Well.... after my first 'error' and loss free weekend last weekend, GLU caught me early with a streak ending "New Content - Restart" feature.... and I had already beat the guy too.

Situation Normal ...
  • Options
    bajancat wrote: »
    Well.... after my first 'error' and loss free weekend last weekend, GLU caught me early with a streak ending "New Content - Restart" feature.... and I had already beat the guy too.

Situation Normal ...

..... All Fracked Up
  • Options
    wilsonwwwilsonww Registered Users 13 Posts
    Buy weapon from vip better than try so hard in global, right?
  • Options
    wilsonww wrote: »
    Buy weapon from vip better than try so hard in global, right?

Not quite ... spending GOLD on anything, BASE, DRONE, Upgrades, even weapons adds up. At certain points (subtotals) you get an award for spending GOLD ... sometimes it's PARTS sometimes it's a fully functional weapon. You can see the milestones awards by looking at the VIP Event itself.

The key difference is when playing in the Global you're competing for a prize, usually weapons parts. The VIP is based on spending GOLD.
  • Options
    wilsonwwwilsonww Registered Users 13 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Not quite ... spending GOLD on anything, BASE, DRONE, Upgrades, even weapons add up. At certain points (subtotals) you get an award for spending GOLD ... sometimes it's PARTS sometimes it's a fully functional weapon. You can see the milestones awards by looking at the VIP Event itself.

The key difference is when playing in the Global you're competing for a prize, usually weapons parts. The VIP is based on spending GOLD.

yeah, the top prize in VIP require to spent 7000 golds, that's $200
    Best gun though.
    I guess you don't necessary need to win top 5 - 100 spots to get the guns, win some parts will be fine, right?
    then how you going to collect the remaining parts for that gun? from spin the mystery box wheels?
  • Options
    wilsonww wrote: »
    yeah, the top prize in VIP require to spent 7000 golds, that's $200
    Best gun though.
    I guess you don't necessary need to win top 5 - 100 spots to get the guns, win some parts will be fine, right?
    then how you going to collect the remaining parts for that gun? from spin the mystery box wheels?

You can spin, I've even collected parts across multiple events. There's also a 13.5 TESLA at 3,500 GOLD and a SNIPER or 2 somewhere along the way.
  • Options
    Fourteen hours into the Global, here is how it looks on IOS:

#1 8110 Majorant
    #2 5871 Ausausa
    #10 4469 Qwasar
    #26 2160 Bradr752
    #30 2060 IWB

My average Vault has been 54.5 K and my current opponent's Bases are running 733 K.
  • Options
    Fourteen hours into the Global, here is how it looks on IOS:

#1 8110 Majorant
    #2 5871 Ausausa
    #10 4469 Qwasar
    #26 2160 Bradr752
    #30 2060 IWB

My average Vault has been 54.5 K and my current opponent's Bases are running 733 K.

Yep I was wondering if you were seeing these huge payouts. I recently had a string of 5-6 all over 65K ... WOW ... I've even seen a couple of 75Ks. Someone mentioned some players were on MIRN PVP (which would explain the high payouts) ... I hope they stay there because Google is back to normal now. LOL
  • Options
    Twenty hours into the Global, the standings on IOS are:

#1 11385 Majorant
    #2 10246 Jamnslm
    #10 5660 Sidver
    #26 3210 Bradr752
    #30 2735 IWB

Average vault fpr me in the Global is 48 K, Medkit use in 4% of contests.
  • Options
    28FOXTROT28FOXTROT Registered Users 49 Posts
    Third, spend your Gold during VIP events so you get the bonus of weapons, Medkits, etc. You can use your Gold to buy Energy credits for the whole month during a single VIP event, getting the VIP rewards at the higher level.

So, do you just spend all your gold at once on energy refills? I'm assuming we can have more than 99 full energy refills in reserve? (it won't zero back or anything crazy)
  • Options
    28FOXTROT wrote: »
    So, do you just spend all your gold at once on energy refills? I'm assuming we can have more than 99 full energy refills in reserve? (it won't zero back or anything crazy)

I never quite understood the reference to energy credits; I assumed it was something unique to the IOS platform. On Google the most I can "reserve" is 3 (20 BARS) x 10 which is 30 credits. What am I missing here? There is also a SINGLE energy credit (8 BARS) but I'm not sure how much that can hold since I rarely use it except for free energy.

Enlighten me please?
  • Options
    28FOXTROT wrote: »

Yes, you spend your Gold by pre-buying Energy and Consumablles like Medikits. I buy enough Medkits to get me through several weeks and then spend the rest by hitting the "All Energy" button repeatedly. I now have 116 Medkits and 360 "All Energy" which is good for 1080 battles, which should last me several Globals.