Options

Green glow on drone parts

bufusbufus Registered Users 21 Posts
I noticed some drone parts have a green glow, or shade, behind them, whereas some others don't.
Does it mean they're better? And are there other colors?

Comments

• Options
    Plus, I started getting more powerful drone parts, but it says I have to upgrade the drone before I can equip them.
    Question: upgrade to what level? I upgraded it 3 or 4 levels (it's level 30 now) and I still can't use the parts -.-'
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    bufus wrote: »
    Plus, I started getting more powerful drone parts, but it says I have to upgrade the drone before I can equip them.
    Question: upgrade to what level? I upgraded it 3 or 4 levels (it's level 30 now) and I still can't use the parts -.-'

Sometimes, but not always the glow signifies the power of the weapon, right now green glow could be 64 K could be 410 K or 510 K. Just ignore it.

As the your second question. ignore levels, it is the power rating of your drone that counts. Your Drone must exceed the power of the weapon. You have to get your Drone to 51 K to use the 51 K weapons. You can upgrade weapons, but only to the power of your Drone.
  • Options
    Thank you very much, finally managed to equip the weaker parts by upgrading the drone to 800. Very slow progress :/
  • Options
    As you may have read from my posts and the posts of others, I think that the consensus is that upgrading Drone weapons is expensive and not a wise use of time and Diamonds. My approach has been to concentrate on upgrading the Drone itself and then change up to more powerful weapons at 8K, 51K, 64 K and 92 K.

My Drone is currently at 123 K, but I am sticking with 92 K weapons while I continue to upgrade the Drone. See what works best for you.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    OK BRAD ... I've experimented and determined that if you upgrade the drone's weapons, the drone WILL become more effective.

Here's what I did ... I got the drone up to 69K POWER and then proceeded to upgrade the weapons to 69K which took 8 x 64K modules to reach level 2.5 on each weapon. I think getting to level 7-8 will increase the drone's effectiveness noticeably.

As an experiment, and since there's nothing to loose anyway, try upgrading your drone's weapons half way up the scale and take it for a spin ... I await your findings.

It could be, that just as with the traditional weapons, the drone's weapons are terribly weak out of the box and need to upgraded before any noticeable increase in effectiveness is realized.

I also don't have any 92K weapons; they jump from 64K to 410K. There are so many thousands of parts, it could be I just haven't scrolled far enough, but I doubt it. Why are the different parts intermixed? No matter which of the weapons you upgrade, you get the same list of parts.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    OK BRAD ... I've experimented and determined that if you upgrade the drone's weapons, the drone WILL become more effective.

Here's what I did ... I got the drone up to 69K POWER and then proceeded to upgrade the weapons to 69K which took 8 x 64K modules to reach level 2.5 on each weapon. I think getting to level 7-8 will increase the drone's effectiveness noticeably.

As an experiment, and since there's nothing to loose anyway, try upgrading your drone's weapons half way up the scale and take it for a spin ... I await your findings.

It could be, that just as with the traditional weapons, the drone's weapons are terribly weak out of the box and need to upgraded before any noticeable increase in effectiveness is realized.

I also don't have any 92K weapons; they jump from 64K to 410K. There are so many thousands of parts, it could be I just haven't scrolled far enough, but I doubt it. Why are the different parts intermixed? No matter which of the weapons you upgrade, you get the same list of parts.

Interesting! Are you in a position to quantify Drone weapons upgrade costs? My initial look said upgrades were prohibitively expensive. It would be nice to know how much a Drone Weapons upgrade program would cost, and you would be just the man to do that analysis. Do you have any thoughts on Weapons upgrade priority. The conventional wisdom has been Machine Gun first, but I am thinking what I really could use is a better Rocket Launcher, since that could be a game changer.

BTW, while Drone weapons parts are, for reasons know only to Glu, listed in random order on the weapons upgrade screen, they are listed in ascending order of power, left to right, on the Weapons Change screen. Scroll left through the 510s and 410s and look for 92s. (Be patient, the weapons change menu takes a couple of minutes to load)

Waiting, as always, for your further wisdom on the subject, thanks!
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Interesting! Are you in a position to quantify Drone weapons upgrade costs? My initial look said upgrades were prohibitively expensive. It would be nice to know how much a Drone Weapons upgrade program would cost, and you would be just the man to do that analysis. Do you have any thoughts on Weapons upgrade priority. The conventional wisdom has been Machine Gun first, but I am thinking what I really could use is a better Rocket Launcher, since that could be a game changer.

BTW, while Drone weapons parts are, for reasons know only to Glu, listed in random order on the weapons upgrade screen, they are listed in ascending order of power, left to right, on the Weapons Change screen. Scroll left through the 510s and 410s and look for 92s. (Be patient, the weapons change menu takes a couple of minutes to load)

Waiting, as always, for your further wisdom on the subject, thanks!

Firstly the upgrade from 64K to 69K would only take 1 group of 8 x 64K parts; takes you to level 2.5. That cost about 72K diamonds. That's it ... a stronger support drone would be required to further the weapons upgrade that's why I asked you to give it a try. If it interferes with your overall strategy, I understand.

I am curious though, so I'll track the costs and effectiveness of upgrades through 92k. Also the weapons parts for me drop off from 410K to 64K ... no 92s in sight ... SMH.
  • Options
    Firstly the upgrade from 64K to 69K would only take 1 group of 8 x 64K parts; takes you to level 2.5. That cost about 72K diamonds. That's it ... a stronger support drone would be required to further the weapons upgrade that's why I asked you to give it a try. If it interferes with your overall strategy, I understand.

I am curious though, so I'll track the costs and effectiveness of upgrades through 92k. Also the weapons parts for me drop off from 410K to 64K ... no 92s in sight ... SMH.

Alll of my 92s came from Clan Global wins. What weapons are you upgrading?
  • Options
    Alll of my 92s came from Clan Global wins. What weapons are you upgrading?

That would explain it. I get all of my parts in PvP. I upgraded all four of them and not a single 92K available. So if I understand the process, I have no other option but to upgrade the weapons anyways LMAO to reach level 92K power...what the hell?

Another question, are there any other parts other than 410K and 510K?

I think I'll add this to the "LIST"

***SMILES***
  • Options
    That would explain it. I get all of my parts in PvP. I upgraded all four of them and not a single 92K available. So if I understand the process, I have no other option but to upgrade the weapons anyways LMAO to reach level 92K power...what the hell?

I think I'll add this to the "LIST"

***SMILES***

You will be delighted to hear that members of my Clan switched back down from 92 K weapons to their previous 64 K weapons which had been upgraded to 72 K. Turns out the 72 K weapons had a higher power rating than the 92s.

The 92s top out at 369K, remind me of the 51 and 64 K max, if you have it. thanks!

You are good to go!
  • Options
    You will be delighted to hear that members of my Clan switched back down from 92 K weapons to their previous 64 K weapons which had been upgraded to 72 K. Turns out the 72 K weapons had a higher power rating than the 92s.

The 92s top out at 369K, remind me of the 51 and 64 K max, if you have it. thanks!

You are good to go!

Well I never upgraded the 51K weapon because 64K was so close. But for 64K I shall perform some details tracking.

When you say "top out" are you implying that I may never get beyond less than 369K because I can't see a 64K weapon getting that far?

Hmmmm .... THE LIST is going to get long LOL
  • Options
    Well I never upgraded the 51K weapon because 64K was so close. But for 64K I shall perform some details tracking.

When you say "top out" are you implying that I may never get beyond less than 369K because I can't see a 64K weapon getting that far?

Hmmmm .... THE LIST is going to get long LOL

When I call up my 92K weapons to upgrade, they are listed as 92K/369K, which should mean that they are upgradeable to 369 K. I am wondering what the 64 K weapons show.
  • Options
    When I call up my 92K weapons to upgrade, they are listed as 92K/369K, which should mean that they are upgradeable to 369 K. I am wondering what the 64 K weapons show.

You had me worried a bit ... you're only seeing 369K because that's the IOS limit right now.

I see 69k / 2.95M ... but I still can't see getting very far with only 15 levels. So there's going to be a huge gap when I reach the 64K weapon limit, whilst I go back to upgrading the support drone for 410K weapons. ... if I'm still alive by then that is.
  • Options
    You had me worried a bit ... you're only seeing 369K because that's the IOS limit right now.

I see 69k / 2.95M ... but I still can't see getting very far with only 15 levels. So there's going to be a huge gap when I reach the 64K weapon limit, whilst I go back to upgrading the support drone for 410K weapons. ... if I'm still alive by then that is.

I was referring to Drone weapons power, NOT Drone Power. It was incredible tedious but here they are (this is for the Machine Gun, Healing Ray and Shield vary in star power rating):

51K Drone weapons: 10.0 power 51K/134K
    64K Drone weapons: 10.0 Power, 64K/215K
    92K Drone weapons: 10.0 Power, 92K/369 K
    410K Drone Weapons: 13.0 Power, 410K/1.07 M
    510K Drone Weapons: 13.0 Power, 510K/1.72 M

Since the 92 K weapons were almost impossible to get, and are no longer available at all, this means that the average person will top out 64K Drone weapons at 215 K and be unable to upgrade until they get the Drone above 410 K.

This has always been one of my concerns about spending for Drone weapons upgrades. You are using Diamonds to build up an asset that you will sooner or later have to discard. Of course, the same could be said of each of the 20 Heavies that I have upgraded and discarded.
  • Options
    I was referring to Drone weapons power, NOT Drone Power. It was incredible tedious but here they are (this is for the Machine Gun, Healing Ray and Shield vary in star power rating):

51K Drone weapons: 10.0 power 51K/132K
    64K Drone weapons: 10.0 Power, 64K/215K
    92K Drone weapons: 10.0 Power, 92K/369 K
    410K Drone Weapons: 13.0 Power, 410K/1.07 M
    510K Drone Weapons: 13.0 Power, 510K/1.72 M

Since the 92 K weapons were almost impossible to get, and are no longer available at all, this means that the average person will top out 64K Drone weapons at 215 K and be unable to upgrade until they get the Drone above 410 K.

This has always been one of my concerns about spending for Drone weapons upgrades. You are using Diamonds to build up an asset that you will sooner or later have to discard. Of course, the same could be said of each of the 20 Heavies that I have upgraded and discarded.

I see what you're saying and it is consistent with what I was thinking. The 92K weapons ARE impossible to get unless they bring them back. Once the 64K weapon is max'd out, then the support drone upgrade kicks back in ... forever.

Now that I understand the upgrade process ... here's the question(s) AND everyone who EVER suspected foul play has just been vindicated, courtesy of BRAD and SCORPION.

How were there so many 369K drones just 48 hours after the "broken" feature was introduced?

How many PvP battles were lost and how many diamonds were expended avoiding these battles?

Aside from it being improbable given the time duration, we now have proof that it was indeed impossible given the weapons parts that were available at the time. I can now put this mystery to bed ... enough said.
  • Options
    The topic of upgrading Drone weapons clearly needs more work and I am wondering if the discussion doesn't deserve a more apt thread title the "Green Glow on Drone Parts." Do you want to start a Drone Weapons Upgrade thread?
  • Options
    The cost for upgrading the support drone has risen 60% overnight; using XP-4 modules it went from 42.3K to 69.9K diamonds.

The support drone power rating is 72K.
  • Options
    The topic of upgrading Drone weapons clearly needs more work and I am wondering if the discussion doesn't deserve a more apt thread title the "Green Glow on Drone Parts." Do you want to start a Drone Weapons Upgrade thread?

I was wondering the same. Although I'm rather pleased a noob question like mine allowed for a bit of in depth discussion, which is an honor, this is hardly the most appropriate space, because future readers won't bump into this thread so easily :/
    Feel free to carry on in the Micromanagement thread, I'll also keep an eye on that. And thank you again, both, for all the analysis and information.

EDIT: (or maybe I can change the title, whichever suits your interests, let me know)
  • Options
    bufus wrote: »
    I was wondering the same. Although I'm rather pleased a noob question like mine allowed for a bit of in depth discussion, which is an honor, this is hardly the most appropriate space, because future readers won't bump into this thread so easily :/
    Feel free to carry on in the Micromanagement thread, I'll also keep an eye on that. And thank you again, both, for all the analysis and information.

EDIT: (or maybe I can change the title, whichever suits your interests, let me know)

Thanks for getting us thinking. I actually love your thread title, maybe we should keep it.