Options

Handles; Bronze league - How do we change from Drone Vials to Gun Parts?

2Next

Comments

• Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    unhappy wrote: »
    I usually finish in silver, a couple of times when i generally can't be arѕеd i finish in the bronze league..

I have played for both weapon parts and drone parts.

Some people know the way i now play in daily leagues.. I have a feeling something similar may happen in bronze leagues. its a first come first served basis. there may be 5 or 10 leagues allocated to bronze that compete for weapon parts and once these 5 or 10 leagues have players allocated its then drone parts given out..

i guess we will never know as no one from glu gives 2 ѕhits about the players or the game otherwise they would come on the forum and speak up, maybe even apoligise for the sub standards we encounter each week..

handles show yourself

computer_thief.jpg

I've tried your theory - left my device up overnight on Sunday, and left it off overnight. Same outcome, I just get drone parts, with crafted parts sitting in my Craft tab piling up where they will stagnate forever.

I also think there is penalty for having weapons ready to craft standing by. Why would I get a vast majority of matchups highlighted in red? Since this has happened, I have only upgraded my base for the past month. And even when I get a green highlighted matchup, it can be 50/50 as to the target being completely vulnerable, or totally bullet proof. Very frustrating.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Yet another photo? You're good.

I have to agree. For whatever GLU's motivations, they've stated several times that they want players to fairly compete and play to the best of their ability, yet everything they've implemented over the last several weeks has had the opposite affect. No one is competing anymore and most are simply playing for the fun of it and have stopped spending GOLD on anything.

The hackers are running amok, people are offering cheats on chat and many are so bold as to state on this very forum that they cheat.

In what Universe is this acceptable or even sound business practice?
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    BullDogLBullDogL Registered Users 3 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    Can I ask what Tier and weapons did you have at the time you made top 30, and what power was the heavy?

I would love to craft my tesla, but x11.5 weapon and my mid tier 7 stats would never fly.

Sorry for the delayed response - kinda figured I might get an email notification if someone responded, like some other forums I've participated in. Guess not. Edit: Found where to "subscribe" to a post.

Anyway, I don't remember the specifics so I had to go back through and recreate the events based on what weapons I have won vs. what weapons I've purchased with in-game cash and it appears the gun I won the time I finished in the top 30 was the Eve Sniper rifle (66.05k).

The last rifle I purchased the "normal" way was the Long Shot 50 (1392) which is the 4th rifle available so presumably I was tier 4 at the time. Possibly tier 5? What I do know is that it changed matchups drastically but since then it doesn't matter where I finish on the weekend event, I'm always playing for gun parts on the daily events - more often than not with 0-6 other players. Pretty rare to be in a large group for the dailies.

Thank you Imreef for busting and modifying my hypothesis. Maybe we're on the right track now. If finishing in the top 30 is what triggers playing for parts then my suggestion would be to go for it on weeks when we're playing for the Sniper Rifle or Assault Gun as competition seems to be less fierce those weeks. Once you're in, you can acquire the Heavy and Tesla through decent placement and dailies.

Amsoft - thanks for the clarification on Crafting weapons. Guess I've never crafted one without then immediately equipping it. Not really sure why you would either, but good to know. I'll definitely be testing that after this week's events.

As to the "business model" question, I have a theory on that one too. Glu seems to be a sizable and overall successful company. I'm guessing like most companies they have limited resources and probably make the sound business decision of throwing most of said resources into the games that are generating the most revenue and skeleton crews at the 'lesser' ones. You can see that even in how they release fixes and updates within this game - IOS, Android, Amazon - presumably that's the order of revenue produced here. I will say that I think they are missing a lot of income here due to lack of fixes and communication and that they lose a lot of easily retainable players strictly due to the frustration that mismanagement creates. Just my opinion, could be wrong.
  • Options
    And yet another clue to this mystery, while on vacation, I got to play a little on Sunday of the last Global for the Cronas.

I believe I was at rank 385, somewhere around 35-45 kills, and low and behold ended up in the Bronze League with Weapon parts for prizes!

Screenshot_2015-10-26-17-57-511.png

So, the Global gave me 20 parts, then 10 parts, and 10 parts, and the final day I was in first place for 20 points BUT...

So GLU giveth, also GLU shall taketh - I didn't get the last day parts awarded! This happened on both my Tier 11 and Tier 15 game. I had 40 parts in one, and 45 parts in the other with no award from a 6 person bronze league last day event.

Screenshot_2015-10-29-07-22-111.png
  • Options
    OK! For all of you guys still holding your breath on this one, I had a new member just join our MIRN clan who has been around CKS on Google and iOS. Took a while to converse, but he has an answer to this that has bugged me for some time.

The Answer: if you spend 5 Euros ($5.39 currently!), you can get 20 parts for a 1st place finish to craft the 11-30th place global weapon!

Why has GLU never defined this? There were so many times that this really would have come in handy! What a loss just because the moderator (whomever he/she is now) couldn't have easily checked to give us a response.

And lets not even think all the instructions they are hiding for Clan Wars! One thing I can now say, is that the Leader does not necessarily pay more than a member. There was an attack on a 2 man clan, the Leader gave out 75 trophies, the member gave out 110. So, GLU's own advertisement is incorrect, imagine that!
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Let me see if I'm following this. All along in the Bronze League, the only thing that separated players from getting weapons parts OR drone fuses was $5.39? AND 20 Parts to boot?

LMAO This is hilarious ... all this time GLU was trying to help the Bronze Leaguers but never bothered to tell anyone SMH and all you freebie players had to do was spend a saw buck.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION