Options

Minion Madness

RaylinaDRaylinaD Registered Users 120 Posts
One of the PVP options has six recruits arriving with the player. Any suggestions on eliminating them without taking a lot of damage? I'd do the nuclear option if it was available. 😖
Huggles, Raylina

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    RaylinaD wrote: »
    One of the PVP options has six recruits arriving with the player. Any suggestions on eliminating them without taking a lot of damage? I'd do the nuclear option if it was available. 😖

I assume you're referring to an opponent's max'd out GUARD LEVEL; if so just blow them to MARS !!!

*** SMILES ***
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    I assume you're referring to an opponent's max'd out GUARD LEVEL; if so just blow them to MARS !!!

*** SMILES ***

With what shall I blow them to Mars, dear Liza, dear Liza?
    With what shall I blow them to Mars, dear Liza,?
    With what?

13.5 Doberman, 14.5 Spear Elite, 13.5 Torch Elite, no heavy.

Huggles
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    My strategy may not mean much because of my rig, but I duck the missiles while I kill everybody, then take the missile launcher. I take the Juggernaught when the curtain raises from the back, then move forward two times ASAP without firing on anybody. Then if the bad guy is showing, I ignore the 6 guys and go straight for him. If not, I mow down the rabble and then turn my attention to the opponent.

This scenario used to frustrate me, but now it is one of the easiest. I would like to say I am getting better, but I suspect it is just a bigger Heavy and a nastier Drone. Good Luck!
  • Options
    With what shall I blow them to Mars, dear Liza, dear Liza?
    With what shall I blow them to Mars, dear Liza,?
    With what?

13.5 Doberman, 14.5 Spear Elite, 13.5 Torch Elite, no heavy.

Huggles

I meant that literally ... in the absence of a HEAVY or killer drone you have a problem. The SPEAR ELITE is causing you to draw TIER !4 opponents, and the DOBERMAN is freaking you out because SHORTS are more difficult by nature.

The problem in't your weapons; your health is inadequate to take many hits; TIER 10 I think you mentioned. So you might consider rockets and grenades OR just take your time and "stick, duck and move".

I also left you a reply concerning buying another ASSAULT using cash ... but be careful, it;s gonna be hard to win SHORTS with your current tier and a 13.5 ASSAULT, a 14.5 will make the problem worse not better.

If you want to dive in and bring your base up to date, at least past intro TIER 11 and see what the Super VIP has to offer, then use the GOLD to finish your TIER 10 ....

How far along on upgrading the TIER 10 are you?

I can get you back on track, but you must seriously consider my advice. I've seen many players get ahead of themselves the same way you have and find it difficult to win at PvP. It all comes down to your defense tier. Upgrading your base won't be that bad at TIER 10,11,12 and you've already expressed interest in TOOBAD.

But first we must get you up to date ... are you ready?
  • Options
    I'm about half way to tier 11. Economy is maxed, health is one short and turrets and men are one up from start. Current cash is $230 million or so. I don't buy gold, so only what I can acquire from the free videos. Not getting the level gold has really hurt me over the months.

I usually don't get parts on the globals or league events because I can't spend the time to peruse a lot of matches. As such I usually put up about 800 AP and get the equipment prizes of rockets and grenades.

I have not upgraded the Doberman beyond the cash upgrades and only have one mission on Slavers to complete. I did finish the level because the Spear allowed the takedown of Jamison. (It was too easy too.)

Guide me in the use of the force, Obi-Wan.
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    I'm about half way to tier 11. Economy is maxed, health is one short and turrets and men are one up from start. Current cash is $230 million or so. I don't buy gold, so only what I can acquire from the free. Not getting the level gold has really hurt me over the months.

I usually don't get parts on the globals or league events because I can't spend the time to peruse a lot of matches. As such I usually put up about 800 AP and get the equipment prizes of rockets and grenades.

I have not upgraded the Doberman beyond the cash upgrades and only have one mission on Slavers to complete. I did finish the level because the Spear allowed the takedown of Jamison. (It was too easy too.)

Guide me in the use of the force, Obi-Wan.

You're caught between a rock and a hard place. You need to get your base up to 12, at least with the weapons you now have, so put any future weapons acquisitions on hold.

How do you upgrade the base? Diamonds is gonna take forever if you can't win at PvP. I thought GOLD was an option since you were interested in VIP Events, so I am confused ... the only way to get VIP prizes is to spend GOLD, so enlighten me as to your true desires or intentions. There is always a way ... it might sting a little, but the pain will be short lived, I promise.

If you don't wanna post public, send me a PM.
  • Options
    I am confident in my red hair to hide to any blushing, so I'm open to public discourse. I'm also probably not the only player in my predicament, so I'll offer my pain to the teaching of others.

I acquire gold through the free videos. Takes forever, but it can run in the background while I do other things. I've managed to raise 770 gold which would purchase the heavy in Slavers and purchase a few items to put me over the 750 mark for the weapon. That is what I did to get the Spear when I purchased the Torch. Then I went through all of the tesla missions (Torch is my first tesla) and went from a high tier 8 base to where I am now. Original plan was to get the heavy (my first), spend a little more to get a better assault, then go through all of the heavy missions to get the diamonds. I figured this would get me to a high tier 11.
    At this point I mostly play the short PVP, and win a lot. Usually 20-25 in a row. Then I get dumb and try a long range match and get thumped. 😪

Too bad we can't buy diamonds with game cash.
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    I am confident in my red hair to hide to any blushing, so I'm open to public discourse. I'm also probably not the only player in my predicament, so I'll offer my pain to the teaching of others.

I acquire gold through the free videos. Takes forever, but it can run in the background while I do other things. I've managed to raise 770 gold which would purchase the heavy in Slavers and purchase a few items to put me over the 750 mark for the weapon. That is what I did to get the Spear when I purchased the Torch. Then I went through all of the tesla missions (Torch is my first tesla) and went from a high tier 8 base to where I am now. Original plan was to get the heavy (my first), spend a little more to get a better assault, then go through all of the heavy missions to get the diamonds. I figured this would get me to a high tier 11.
    At this point I mostly play the short PVP, and win a lot. Usually 20-25 in a row. Then I get dumb and try a long range match and get thumped. ��

Too bad we can't buy diamonds with game cash.

The LONGS "thump" you not because the TESLA is inadequate, but because you can't take a hit. The only real strategy you can use here is to kill before getting killed ... in other words SPEED. The reason you're drawing these stronger opponents is because of the 14.5 RATED SNIPER you have. Ironically, most players find the shorts more difficult, but there are many in your predicament NO MORE NEW WEAPONS.

Instead, take the remaining GOLD you have and either upgrade the TESLA or BASE. Something you should know about the TESLA. While the DAMAGE rating might seem important, and it is, to get faster kills you need MAX CHARGES and CHARGE RATE to be 60% upgraded at least.

What is the status of your TESLA upgrades? A screen shot would be great.
  • Options
    The LONGS "thump" you not because the TESLA is inadequate, but because you can't take a hit. The only real strategy you can use here is to kill before getting killed ... in other words SPEED. The reason you're drawing these stronger opponents is because of the 14.5 RATED SNIPER you have. Ironically, most players find the shorts more difficult, but there are many in your predicament NO MORE NEW WEAPONS.

Instead, take the remaining GOLD you have and either upgrade the TESLA or BASE. Something you should know about the TESLA. While the DAMAGE rating might seem important, and it is, to get faster kills you need MAX CHARGES and CHARGE RATE to be 60% upgraded at least.

What is the status of your TESLA upgrades? A screen shot would be great.

If I have read the posts correctly, the longs get me because my body is not up to my sniper. The tesla is fun, but not my preferred weapon. Nor have I made any upgrades to it, it was strictly a tool for collecting diamonds on the mission levels.

The lesson to be learned here should be to get base level way ahead of weapon level. (Glances over her shoulder at her teachers.) Has anyone done the math on an appropriate ratio of base to weapon? Maybe a tier 10 base and a X11.5 or X12.0 weapon?
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    If I have read the posts correctly, the longs get me because my body is not up to my sniper. The tesla is fun, but not my preferred weapon. Nor have I made any upgrades to it, it was strictly a tool for collecting diamonds on the mission levels.

The lesson to be learned here should be to get base level way ahead of weapon level. (Glances over her shoulder at her teachers.) Has anyone done the math on an appropriate ratio of base to weapon? Maybe a tier 10 base and a X11.5 or X12.0 weapon?

LOL I'm laughing because that's all I do because if nothing else this game is pure numbers.

OK the rule is that your weapons should not exceed your base tier by no more than +/- one (1); the one exception is the short range weapons which can max at +2 ... so at TIER 10 your weapons should fall in the range 9.5, 10.5, 11.5 (12.5). The reason for this is simple. The weapons rating is the primary spec when matching you with an opponent you are evenly equipped to battle. The other side is your ability to sustain a hit and that's the player health component that increases with each tier.

The reason you're having trouble is because you're facing opponents rated at 12, 13, 14 when most of your opponents should be 9,10,11. A fully equipped TESLA can win LONG battles, using a SNIPER is an exercise in futility; 6 round clip and slow fire rate ... you don't stand a chance.

Since you cannot give back the weapons you win, you can leave them unequipped until you're ready to use them, but once equipped there's no turning back, you must use them to have any chance at all and they must be at least 60% upgraded to be useful.

In short your base tier needs to be at 12 before you'll have any realistic chance of winning PvP on a regular basis OR you need to skip any opponent rated at 12,13,14. The best course of action is to upgrade your base, you cannot get around this. Many a player has gone down in flames trying to force a square peg into a round hole ... it aint gonna work, trust me.

Unfortunately you can only upgrade your base using diamonds (slow) OR gold (fast).

The logical and proven progression is complete the campaign missions and upgrade your base, upgrade your weapons when necessary and then FULLY equip them ASAP, develop your drone. All of these require massive amounts of diamonds (other than contracts) and the best way to get those diamonds is via PvP, which you cannot win until you upgrade your base.

You're stuck on the GLU merry-go-round and you need to break free.

The choice is yours ...
  • Options
    I kneel to the power of wisdom and hope others read this thread for their own sanity and to know my beginning position.

Goal one: base to tier 13. Goal two: existing weapons to max. Goal three: drone power to max then add the best weapons possible.

I'm a patient lady and have a plan. I'll update this thread as it progresses. My humble thanks for your guidance.

Huggles
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    I kneel to the power of wisdom and hope others read this thread for their own sanity and to know my beginning position.

Goal one: base to tier 13. Goal two: existing weapons to max. Goal three: drone power to max then add the best weapons possible.

I'm a patient lady and have a plan. I'll update this thread as it progresses. My humble thanks for your guidance.

Huggles

Just a few more things before you embark on your quest.(1) never use GOLD on SNIPER or ASSAULT rifles; only in game CASH (2) don't worry too much about maxing out your drone; get it up to say 51K-64K and see how that works first. (3) concentrate on that BASE and if you do start winning PvP along the way and pick up a new weapon, DO NOT EQUIP the weapon.

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    A note to all who read this thread: if you are looking for revenge during a league event, do one PVP match before the revenge. That startes the tally process and will then count your revenge match. Otherwise the server won't list you in a league and you will not get the credit. Just saying.
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    A note to all who read this thread: if you are looking for revenge during a league event, do one PVP match before the revenge. That startes the tally process and will then count your revenge match. Otherwise the server won't list you in a league and you will not get the credit. Just saying.

After you raise your Base Tier level, I think that you will find that you will not be doing very many revenge matches. My experience at Base Tiers 12, 13 and 14, the average revenge diamond win was in the 15K to 25K. Contrast this with a normal PVP diamond vault of 50 to 60K and it does not make sense to doing any revenge. just my opinion.
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    After you raise your Base Tier level, I think that you will find that you will not be doing very many revenge matches. My experience at Base Tiers 12, 13 and 14, the average revenge diamond win was in the 15K to 25K. Contrast this with a normal PVP diamond vault of 50 to 60K and it does not make sense to doing any revenge. just my opinion.

Great point CONCERNED ... do you know in all the thousands of PvP matches I've fought, I have never, not even once, have sought revenge, mostly because it's pointless since you'll never get back what was stolen anyways, and secondly because it's a rare occurrence indeed when my base is raided for diamonds ... I say if you're bold and good enough to defeat my base, you can have what diamonds you may find in my vault. **SMILES** I won't hold it against you, I promise.
  • Options
    Great point CONCERNED ... do you know in all the thousands of PvP matches I've fought, I have never, not even once, have sought revenge, mostly because it's pointless since you'll never get back what was stolen anyways, and secondly because it's a rare occurrence indeed when my base is raided for diamonds ... I say if you're bold and good enough to defeat my base, you can have what diamonds you may find in my vault. **SMILES** I won't hold it against you, I promise.

I'm still low enough, and watch the potential return, that often I can achieve a 200-1000% return on what was taken. I usually don't revenge unless I can double what was lost.
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    I'm still low enough, and watch the potential return, that often I can achieve a 200-1000% return on what was taken. I usually don't revenge unless I can double what was lost.

In the beginning, I had the same philosophy on revenge. If I could double my loss, then I would revenge. But now, in almost every case, in a standard new PVP battle I can always win 2 to 4 times the number of diamonds that I can win in the best case revenge battle. It just makes a better use of one's energy to find a new PVP battle than worrying about revenge, but to each their own.