Options

Yet One More Reason to Ditch This Game!

try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
Was alerted to this by Clan members;

Silver League Milestone 100 Gold for 200 points league play!

So I just started playing this game full time, looking forward to making the 50 gold each day on league events for the 100 points, and BAM! Another GLU neutering!

This may work for the Gold League events, where guys will spend gold like it's going out of style, for a typically VIP weapon, but I don't expect Silver Leagues players are up to that commitment.

So, my analysis is that GLU is taking away this achievable gold, and giving us another reason to stop playing, and deleting this game.

Comments

• Options
    So, I've figured out that theoretically, if you played 24 hours of free gold, you'd need 56 points more to reach 200 league points.

This would require 188 gold. BUT, to actually coordinate paid PVP with free PVP requires actually playing them which takes more time off the clock, so well over this expenditure than possible.

GLU - the Gold Nazi, no gold for you (aka, Seinfeld.)
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    YEP 144 VP is the maximum you can attain using free energy ... I can't confirm this on Google since NETWORK ERRORS ABOUND.

Yet another sign has been posted folks ... pull out, no more GOLD ... proceed at your own risk.

LMAO

OK Back in ... I'll confirm this on Google soon ...

Confirmed 200 VP = 100 GOLD ... weapons parts awards are a fiasco, now they want 100 GOLD to get 100 GOLD since nobody is going to play 24 HOURS for these useless prizes.

There you have it ... LEAGUE PLAY is formally pronounced DOA.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    Correct, except you need to spend 188 gold to get the 56 extra points, 9 boosts of 20 gold for 54 VP, then 8 gold for the final 2 VP.

Also, in a past Silver League pickle, my Tier 9 game got me rank 38, with 35 parts. Happy to have a second chance at being able to box up a heavy that I wasn't able to play last event because of the downgrade to Bronze league for drone parts that week, I jumped too quickly and ended in 1st place for the wrong parts.

Fortunately, after 2 hours of stopping play there, some poor sucker took over my lead, so back in play.

And the primary game, my Tier 14 game finished rank 25, I now have two heavies with the same rating.

It's just one continual cluster ----! Can GLU try any harder to mess this game up? It boggles the mind.

While I'm on a rant, my 3rd game acct is in MIRN (Mission Impossible). Placed 4th in that global, the 6.5 Beluga is a beast right out of the box! Since they've not updated from Tier 5, and the 4th region there for over a month, just about everyone is Tier 5. Glu is well on their way screwing that game almost before it began! They too just acquired the Silver League Milestone screwup of 100 gold for 200 league points.
  • Options
    Yes you're correct about the GOLD understatement ... I was speaking off the top of my head and neglected to do the math (something I almost always do) **SMILES** I'm also pleased to hear that someone found benefit from this GLU screw up, but those who have a 13.5 or 12.5 TESLA will be hurting for awhile or they will need to bite the bullet and spend some GOLD to get a better weapon since TIER 15 is right around the corner.

I know all to well the implications of losing a properly rated weapon at the wrong time; back in May-June GLU robbed me of a heavy and it set me up for a month of painstaking diligence to catch up.

I also admire your perseverance and your ability to overcome obstacles. KUDOS

For what's it's worth, MIRN should have been several new "super" region(s) in CKS and they still could have called it MISSION IMPOSSIBLE, adding new game maps and scenarios to boot. Trying to somehow capitalize on Tom Cruise's celebrity was a bad idea **SMILES**
  • Options
    R1gol1nR1gol1n Registered Users 157 Posts
    I saw someone saying that this son ob screw the milestones.. But I ask myself why? Last week I was happy to make the 300 gold... Until now that I just make the 100 vp notice that I'm half to get the 100gold.. Dam GLU it really sucks!!
  • Options
    R1gol1n wrote: »
    I saw someone saying that this son ob screw the milestones.. But I ask myself why? Last week I was happy to make the 300 gold... Until now that I just make the 100 vp notice that I'm half to get the 100gold.. Dam GLU it really sucks!!

Yep it was to good to be true and therefore it wasn't. We all should have known that the other shoe would soon drop since GLU NEVER EVER gives anything away for free.
  • Options
    R1gol1nR1gol1n Registered Users 157 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Yep it was to good to be true and therefore it wasn't. We all should have known that the other shoe would soon drop since GLU NEVER EVER gives anything away for free.

I wish that was a way to communicate with all players and one day not play at all..to show Glu that they needs to keep us happy...