Options

Game won't load after 9/29 update.

Pegasus319Pegasus319 Registered Users 2 Posts
Game gets to 70% then says 0 then crashes after a few minutes. Don't have a way to backup iPhone 6+ to iTunes. Don't want to do a restore from iCloud because I would have to clear my phone to restore. Glu needs to come up with a solution so we don't have to through this ****. What was this update for anyway, Facebook, I don have any interest in Facebook.

Comments

• Options
    RaylinaDRaylinaD Registered Users 120 Posts
    Welcome to the club!
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    You guys are still having problems eh? TRY_AGAIN has a solution if you have a backup sitting on iTunes.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    You guys are still having problems eh? TRY_AGAIN gas a solution if you have a backup sitting on iTunes.

I was able to do the iTunes backup and restore, even after the problem started yesterday. I could not log into the game after the maintenance was completed. I was getting to the screen where it froze at 0%.

At that point, I did an iTunes backup, deleted the app from my iPad, reinstalled the app from the App Store, (the reinstall was a brand new game). After I launched CKS and found that everything was working again, I did a iTunes restore, which brought my current game back.
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    I was able to do the iTunes backup and restore, even after the problem started yesterday. I could not log into the game after the maintenance was completed. I was getting to the screen where it froze at 0%.

At that point, I did an iTunes backup, deleted the app from my iPad, reinstalled the app from the App Store, (the reinstall was a brand new game). After I launched CKS and found that everything was working again, I did a iTunes restore, which brought my current game back.

There you go ... Thanks CONCERNED !!!
  • Options
    There you go ... Thanks CONCERNED !!!

The sticky thread regarding the update outlines the process to overcome the issue and I recommend that everyone read through the first page. My particular issue is compounded by a lack of time to go through the process until after my trip. We'll how things are in two weeks.

Hughes till then!
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    You guys are still having problems eh? TRY_AGAIN has a solution if you have a backup sitting on iTunes.

No, my backup is a nand backup to PC. Not really comforting, though; if the Android update doesn't work for us either, why would restoring to the pre-updated verstion and then it downloads that and it will still become a paper weight, no? I'd have to wait for the fix to the latest update if my reasoning is correct. I assume they're working on that now for iOS, but I know what "assume" stands for...

[One of these days Scorpion, you will remember me. The guy playing Tier 15, Tier 10 and MIRN Tier 6 - all on Amazon. You may never understand what I'm saying, but you'll recall, "he's the idiot that puts up with 3 of these GLU games!"]
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    No, my backup is a nand backup to PC. Not really comforting, though; if the Android update doesn't work for us either, why would restoring to the pre-updated verstion and then it downloads that and it will still become a paper weight, no? I'd have to wait for the fix to the latest update if my reasoning is correct. I assume they're working on that now for iOS, but I know what "assume" stands for...

I am not trying to be funny or critical to you, but my question would "If your game does not load, why not try the back fix? What do you have to lose?"

If done correctly, the worst thing that can happen is the game still will not load. You are no worse off that before. If it does work, then you can once again load the game and play.

Just keep in mind that we waited months for the video fix that was finally released. How long would the wait be to fix this particular problem, that is "assuming" that there is a fix that they can create.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »

[One of these days Scorpion, you will remember me. The guy playing Tier 15, Tier 10 and MIRN Tier 6 - all on Amazon. You may never understand what I'm saying, but you'll recall, "he's the idiot that puts up with 3 of these GLU games!"]

No it's not that at all, in this case I simply got you and CONCERNED mixed up since you bath had backup solutions.

I;ve been straight about your platforms for awhile now, but isn't there an iPad in there somewhere?

Don't answer ... SMILES
  • Options
    No it's not that at all, in this case I simply got you and CONCERNED mixed up since you bath had backup solutions.

I;ve been straight about your platforms for awhile now, but isn't there an iPad in there somewhere?

Don't answer ... SMILES

10 Months gone. I tried the backup/restore option. The new iOS required an iTunes update, the iTunes update will backup the iPad, but not recognize that it is connected to allow a restore. All this with a week in the woods ahead of me. At least I can start TOOBAD from the beginning and give it a good work over when I return.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I'm frustrated. Apple and GLU are definitely at odds with me right now.

Huggles

P.S. I hate tutorials on games I already know!
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    RaylinaD wrote: »
    10 Months gone. I tried the backup/restore option. The new iOS required an iTunes update, the iTunes update will backup the iPad, but not recognize that it is connected to allow a restore. All this with a week in the woods ahead of me. At least I can start TOOBAD from the beginning and give it a good work over when I return.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I'm frustrated. Apple and GLU are definitely at odds with me right now.

Huggles

Back up manually

On your iPad: Go to Settings > iCloud > Backup, then tap Back Up Now.

Now make sure that you have at least 1 backup. For safety sake, I always encourage people to have at least 2 backups before attempting the next steps.

1.Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap “Erase all content and settings.” (you are restoring the iPad to factory defaults)

2.In the Setup Assistant, proceed to “Set up your device,” tap Restore from a Backup, then sign in to iCloud.

3.Proceed to “Choose backup,” then choose from a list of available backups in iCloud.

Now you should be back in business. The above method can also be used to move CS to another device.
  • Options
    Too late unless I can upload my backup from my computer to the cloud. Besides which, my cloud storage is not large enough to support a backup of my pad, it holds 128gb. I'll go traveling then come back and kick some butt without gold.

Huggles
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    Neo1800Neo1800 Registered Users 94 Posts
    but I'm frustrated. Apple and GLU are definitely at odds with me right now.
    Huggles
    Same Here - tutorials are never clear real time step by step -
    there's always moves missing.

When I write them, it's impossible to mess up.

concerned - Back up manually
    You did it perfect - rare these days.

Unfortunately - iPad was never setup to icloud - other than email.
    As a 140 Lev Player - The End I guess - Tried Android phone -
    of course GLU doesn't see connect to iTunes account,
    so now I'm shown as new user-

At first try with phone - -its now a joke, you get 1, 3 min attack - now pay.
    GLU completely erased the play for free factor.
    Makes me wonder how those with iPad & droid phone do this.

GLU says nothing that ios9 is needed. I'm on 8.4.1.

So taking this as a warning - I purchased 50GB of icloud space.
    Now can't figure out how to add apps to the cloud - why is this so difficult to see?

Figured it out, there is no pick and choose - just back up everything option..
    Typically - I don't like cloud services. Only what I want there.
    Now after full backup - now you see switches to select what goes there. Gees.

Now - no idea - if backup of the game version - now showing new update version is going to work,
    or if old version is needed. Always unknown actions.
  • Options
    Too late unless I can upload my backup from my computer to the cloud. Besides which, my cloud storage is not large enough to support a backup of my pad, it holds 128gb. I'll go traveling then come back and kick some butt without gold.

Huggles

Ah, yes, a 128gb device. I have not thought about a personal device of that size and all of the "fun" that I had while trying to back it up. I sympathize with your problem, and the fact that unless you are willing to buy more iCloud space, there is not enough room for a backup. Sorry, but I don't have a good answer to help you