Options

How is working the new update for you?

R1gol1nR1gol1n Registered Users 157 Posts
So far, for me it's working better, my guns wasn't working as used to be, in fact the assault Gun15.5 (not upgraded) was doing more damage than the heavy 14.5 (almost full upgrade) .
I use lot of health packs on last global, pay outs was 77k the most.. Health was real bad... Now payouts are over 80k I saw couples over 100k.
So far it freeze 3-4 times. Drone upgrades is super fast. Health is very good. Also it's working real good an my son IPad which was a pain to play with.
And how many of you took advantage of free gold videos? I collect 450 free gold..not bad..

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Hey rigatoni ... nothing on Android yet.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    For my clan the upgrade is a disaster. Several can't log on at all, most have bad video, repeated restarts, Clan invites are broken.

The good news: Vaults are big and opponents are much easier to kill, if you can get the game to run.
  • Options
    Tofast4u2cTofast4u2c Registered Users 32 Posts
    The game is working great on my IOS 8.1.3 IPad Air. Seems to have cut the load time delay down too. I don't plan on upgrading unless I absolutely have to either.
    Born to Cruise, Forced to Work!
  • Options
    R1gol1nR1gol1n Registered Users 157 Posts
    The good news: Vaults are big and opponents are much easier to kill, if you can get the game to run.[/QUOTE]

This is the part that I like more, I plan on do upgrades to my drone this Global, I just max out the
    base economy... Just start this week tier 14... Or should I upgrade base first? Any advise
  • Options
    R1gol1n wrote: »
    The good news: Vaults are big and opponents are much easier to kill, if you can get the game to run.

This is the part that I like more, I plan on do upgrades to my drone this Global, I just max out the
    base economy... Just start this week tier 14... Or should I upgrade base first? Any advise[/QUOTE]

Base Economy first is the smart plan. Once I have done that I downgrade base upgrade to medium priority. Just get it done in 30 days.

Vaults are big right now, take advantage of that by bumping that Drone up a little as well.
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    R1gol1n wrote: »

base economy... Just start this week tier 14... Or should I upgrade base first? Any advise

For whatever it is worth, I would second Brad's take. Once the economy is maxed, then start working on both upgrading the Drone and finishing the Base upgrade. Also, since the cost of the Drone weapon upgrades has dropped so dramatically, you can also work in upgrading your weapons, too.

As an added note, before this version update, it cost me over 700K in diamonds to upgrade from Level 2 to Level 4. After the upgrade, I was able to do the same Level 2 to Level 4 for only 70K in diamonds. Big difference.
  • Options
    For my take, the update has been a success. I am now able to once again play CKS with a "minimal" amount of video lag. Before the update, I was unable to and would not attempt a short range battle because the lag was horrendous and 5 minutes wa not enough time to complete the battle.

Now, a short range battle can once again be completed in under 2 1/2 minutes max.

As far as the lag, I am experiencing a "momentary" lag when the Drone is loading (as soon as a Drone loads, it will fire a rocket). I also experience a slight lag when a Juggernaut is firing. But the lag is no where as bad as before. At least, when the Drone or Juggernaut is not firing, there is no lag at all.

Before the update, my target sight would either not move or would jump all over the screen. After the update, I can at least move my sight around albeit, slowly sometimes, but at least it will move.

Before the update, I would constantly have to restart the game or else there was a guaranteed crash coming. Now after the update, I have experienced on 1 crash in 2 1/2 days of Global play.

Makes a big difference when win streaks are not halted. Right now, I am ranked 72 with 4147 AP points. That is about 1 1/2 days ahead of my usual Global play. Usually, I am struggling in the last couple of hours to reach the 4,000 point gold award.
  • Options
    I have tried my iPad Gen 3 on three different netwooks today and have discovered a clear pattern:

Network #1 18.2 MBPS download/2mbps upload froze for minutes at a time.
    Network #2 53 MBPS down/ 12.4MBPS up had noticeable video breakup but was playable
    Network #3 127MBPS down/12.4MBPS suffered momentary video stutter when Drone was firing, but otherwise smooth.

(All speeds tested on Speedtest.net App)

Montey, I will take door #3. No game aborts and only a couple of resyncs since this morning. The game is still troubled but playing better.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I have tried my iPad Gen 3 on three different netwooks today and have discovered a clear pattern:

Network #1 18.2 MBPS download/2mbps upload froze for minutes at a time.
    Network #2 53 MBPS down/ 12.4MBPS up had noticeable video breakup but was playable
    Network #3 127MBPS down/12.4MBPS suffered momentary video stutter when Drone was firing, but otherwise smooth.

(All speeds tested on Speedtest.net App)

Montey, I will take door #3. No game aborts and only a couple of resyncs since this morning. The game is still troubled but playing better.

Looking at the numbers, I am not at all surprised that door #1 is causing a lot of problems. I am a surprised that door #2 was not performing better that for you. No surprise at all with door #3. the iPad3 is more that capable to run CKS.

I would like to know what the latency was for the three networks. Latency is the amount of time that it take for a packet to make a roundtrip from your network, to the destination and then back again.

If there is too much latency on network #2, then that would explain the issues there.

Right now I am using an iPad Mini 3 for CKS. I have also used the iPad4. Both tablets are 16gb. Both tablets work great, with only the slight lag when the drone is firing. I put CKS onto the mini to see if the smaller screen would help with the video lag. To be honest, I do not see much of a performance difference between the mini and iPad, so I would have to conclude that the size does not matter much.