Options

Don't Worry About Fighting Against Drones With 1.56M Power.

concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
During this past Global, I fought a long range battle, by mistake, against a RL player with a Drone that was upgraded to 1.56M.

My stats:
Base: Tier 15, 2.29M
Drone: 85K
Tesla: x15.5, 4.03M
Health: 5.12M

Opponent's stats:
Base: Tier 15, 2.16M
Drone: 1.56M

The result of the battle was still an easy victory, but the drone rocket did do about 40% damage, with its initial hit. So the threshold at which the drone becomes a problem is somewhere between 1.56M and 2.95M.

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    concerned wrote: »
    During this past Global, I fought a long range battle, by mistake, against a RL player with a Drone that was upgraded to 1.56M.

My stats:
    Base: Tier 15, 2.29M
    Drone: 85K
    Tesla: x15.5, 4.03M
    Health: 5.12M

Opponent's stats:
    Base: Tier 15, 2.16M
    Drone: 1.56M

The result of the battle was still an easy victory, but the drone rocket did do about 40% damage, with its initial hit. So the threshold at which the drone becomes a problem is somewhere between 1.56M and 2.95M.

I'll take it, my calculations suggested between 1.25M and 1.5M, at least that's when drone weapons power exceeds player health, but your actual experience is good enough for me.

They all die just as easily, no secret there.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    I'll take it, my calculations suggested between 1.25M and 1.5M, at least that's when drone weapons power exceeds player health, but your actual experience is good enough for me.

They all die just as easily, no secret there.

It is entirely possible that your calculations are still correct. Since it was a RL player's Drone, we have no way of knowing if the player had upgraded the Rocket Launcher to it maximum level.

Also, now that I think about it, I don't really remember if I was ducking or moving when the rocket hit. I can't even tell you if I was standing when the rocket hit.

One other factor is, in MIRN where we have been facing drones since the beginning, splash screens are constantly popping up when the battle is loading that say "Avoid damage from rockets by either ducking to minimize damage or move to a different cover point to eliminate all damage." So It is hard to tell really.

Also, the damage received is not consistence, Sometimes, I lose more health by moving cover points than staying where I am and just ducking. Then sometimes, I will receive no damage if I stay where I am at, if I remain under cover. It is just not consistence.

Either way, like you said they die easily. The only thing that everybody needs to keep in mind, is they know when the drone is going to appear and as soon as the drone is appearing, it WILL be firing a rocket, so be prepared.
  • Options
    RaylinaDRaylinaD Registered Users 120 Posts
    concerned wrote: »
    It is entirely possible that your calculations are still correct. Since it was a RL player's Drone, we have no way of knowing if the player had upgraded the Rocket Launcher to it maximum level.

Also, now that I think about it, I don't really remember if I was ducking or moving when the rocket hit. I can't even tell you if I was standing when the rocket hit.

One other factor is, in MIRN where we have been facing drones since the beginning, splash screens are constantly popping up when the battle is loading that say "Avoid damage from rockets by either ducking to minimize damage or move to a different cover point to eliminate all damage." So It is hard to tell really.

Also, the damage received is not consistence, Sometimes, I lose more health by moving cover points than staying where I am and just ducking. Then sometimes, I will receive no damage if I stay where I am at, if I remain under cover. It is just not consistence.

Either way, like you said they die easily. The only thing that everybody needs to keep in mind, is they know when the drone is going to appear and as soon as the drone is appearing, it WILL be firing a rocket, so be prepared.

An observation from the bottom: as soon as the enemy drone appears, yours will focus on it. Kill it quickly and your drone will refocus on the player (bot).

Huggles
    Huggles, Raylina