Options

Tactics 101

RaylinaDRaylinaD Registered Users 120 Posts
This question is partly for me and mostly for new players.

Typical PvP scenario is several guards, two turrets, and juggernaut to follow. Should a player take out the guards to draw the juggernaut while ignoring the turrets until the juggernaut is dead, eliminate the turrets while the guards shoot away then kill the guards and the juggernaut or is there a way to draw the player and ignore all the underlings?

Curious minds would like to know.
Huggles, Raylina

Comments

• Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    RaylinaD wrote: »
    This question is partly for me and mostly for new players.

Typical PvP scenario is several guards, two turrets, and juggernaut to follow. Should a player take out the guards to draw the juggernaut while ignoring the turrets until the juggernaut is dead, eliminate the turrets while the guards shoot away then kill the guards and the juggernaut or is there a way to draw the player and ignore all the underlings?

Curious minds would like to know.

Curious minds would like to know.[/QUOTE]

I think the answer depends on your player heath, how strong your weapons are and which battle you are fighting.

For short range battles, the sentries (turrets) are the first things that I defeat, next is the juggernaut and then the guards. The player is not drawn out until the 2nd area opens up. Depending on your player health and how long you can last will determine how many guards you have to kill. Personally, I usually kill all of the guards and then the player. To sum it up, the kill order is both sentries, juggernaut, guards and then the player.

For long range battles that are fought using a TESLA, my strategy changes. I will let 2 guards line themselves up and I will kill them both with 1 TESLA blast. Next both sentries (turrets) are taken out and usually at least one of the juggernauts. Then if the player comes out, I take the player down usually before the last juggernaut and the rest of the guards.
  • Options
    So let's simplify this for newer players: No Tesla allowed.

Short range is sentries, juggernaut, guards and player.
    Long range is a guard, sentries, juggernaut, remaining guards and player.

Sound right?
    Huggles, Raylina
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    RaylinaD wrote: »
    So let's simplify this for newer players: No Tesla allowed.

Short range is sentries, juggernaut, guards and player.
    Long range is a guard, sentries, juggernaut, remaining guards and player.

Sound right?

Yes, that sounds right. The only possible change that I would make is on the long range. I would take only 1 shot at the guard and hope that a head shot killed him. I would not take a 2nd shot at the guard but would change to the sentries and juggernauts and then go back to the guards.

Also, Rocket Elites are the priority guard targets. Always take out the unit that does the most damage first. This will save on the number of med kits needed.
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    Yes, that sounds right. The only possible change that I would make is on the long range. I would take only 1 shot at the guard and hope that a head shot killed him. I would not take a 2nd shot at the guard but would change to the sentries and juggernauts and then go back to the guards.

Also, Rocket Elites are the priority guard targets. Always take out the unit that does the most damage first. This will save on the number of med kits needed.

Med kits? Who uses med kits. I've discovered to accept the defeat against overpowered opponents. The next four or five will be green or white level and easily defeated. Also take a defeat every few days on campaigns, you get a med kit for a video. Bonus!
    Huggles, Raylina