Options

Amazon, Crashing and Backups

try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
Since the last big update 3.1.1, I've been increasing with crashes, and playability problems to the breaking point.

Having a Google Nexus and playing the Amazon App Store version, I thought I was on my own for backing up the game. I had purchased a Samsung with octa-core processor, to hopefully pick up where the 2012 Nexus was having frame freezing several months ago, but even with logging into my google account before downloading the app from Amazon, I wasn't able to keep the same Tier 16 account on the new device. It started a new account.

I've been playing both and finally reached the point that I would try the App Backup I had made (the file was something like Com.GLU.ContractKiller3.ab). I deleted the App and data from the device and after restoring the app, clicked on the game icon, and it said app not installed. I thought the game was lost. I do have a full backup of the device, but it takes almost an hour to install that, so I didn't try that option which did work to clone my failing battery Nexus to a "new" refurbed Nexus some time ago.

Bottom line, I installed the Amazon App once again, there's a little login box after splash screen but before the loading bar comes up that the first time I ignored as usual logs me in as a new account. I restarted it and the second time I clicked on that box, and logged into my Amazon account, and it restored my Tier 16 account!

This box pops up (a real pain!) after every PVP match saying New High Score, and is apparently if you login to it at some point the Amazon Game Circle, and acts like the Google backup service. So for everyone on Amazon, there is a backup method that exists, and it works just like iOS, or Google Play versions to maintain your data.

So, the game is now very playable again, there's still the slight frame freezing just like on Samsung (a much faster device), but I'm no longer crashing every 6 battles or more.

Hope this helps some on Kindles or other devices - MAKE SURE YOU TAP THAT LITTLE WHITE BOX AND LOG INTO IT!!! It could save your tukas!

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    OK so after some trials and tribulations you were able to get back your TIER 16 game data; that's great.

The one thing that concerns me is the Samsung octo-core device since frame freezing still appears to be a problem here. What is the actual device and clock speed; just curious.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    It's a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (mouthful). Actually not an "octa-core" but has two at 1.9GHz processor and a 1.3GHz processor. I imagine not that great of a video processor, although the resolution density is beautiful.

The slowdown is during multiple gunfire - drones/ juggs and all going at the same time, you can see the ****iness and feel the slower sight picture panning.

I'd also like to see how the now aging NVidia Shield would handle this game. I'd bet even that one shows some stress to this game along with the latest iOS devices imho. I bet some of the new Nexus phones might be up to the challenge if you can afford them, but with new everything, they tack on Android 6 (or iOS 9), and it seems like your back to square one?

After you take out the drone, it always smooths out on both devices, hence my disdain for drones!