Options

Clan Wars

124Next

Comments

• Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    I can't believe that's the first 1 player clan you've fought. There were so many clans started before the 20 gold price tag on Amazon, and the random nature of the first matchups gave us 3 or 4 of these often with tier 1 dead players.

I will say that the tokens payout has come to be a very nice benefit of clan wars giving the attacker free spins at all the equipment you'd typically need for a global, and maybe much more. And whoever defeated that single player above got the full bounty for a typically full group - 1800 tokens!

It's proper etiquette for clans to pass the joy around, and let the weakest members feed first at the war trough to get equipment that helps them advance easier, then the rest of the clan can clean up the map.
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    I
    try_again wrote: »
    I can't believe that's the first 1 player clan you've fought. There were so many clans started before the 20 gold price tag on Amazon, and the random nature of the first matchups gave us 3 or 4 of these often with tier 1 dead players.

I will say that the tokens payout has come to be a very nice benefit of clan wars giving the attacker free spins at all the equipment you'd typically need for a global, and maybe much more. And whoever defeated that single player above got the full bounty for a typically full group - 1800 tokens!

It's proper etiquette for clans to pass the joy around, and let the weakest members feed first at the war trough to get equipment that helps them advance easier, then the rest of the clan can clean up the map.

Went thru the clan battle log and yes this is the first and only 1 person clan that we have faced. Half of the time, it looks like we have been facing 6-7 man clans. So with only a half a dozen available battles and 10 clan members online, not too many people are able to participate in the war. Still trying to figure out, when we happen to draw the larger clans and there area dozen battles to be fought, we have 1 player who regularly is able to fight 3 battles.

That brings me to,another thing that makes no sense to me, now that we are able to spin for equipment, GLU has no lost 2/3 of their revenue chain from the clan events. We are not buying using gold for energy and now we are not using gold for equipment.

I now have 545 knives, 356 grenades, 401 rocket launchers, and 295 med kits, all of which I don't really need to use, because the MISLETOE and MEGAERA are all I need for the battles.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    concerned wrote: »
    I

Went thru the clan battle log and yes this is the first and only 1 person clan that we have faced. Half of the time, it looks like we have been facing 6-7 man clans. So with only a half a dozen available battles and 10 clan members online, not too many people are able to participate in the war. Still trying to figure out, when we happen to draw the larger clans and there area dozen battles to be fought, we have 1 player who regularly is able to fight 3 battles.

That brings me to,another thing that makes no sense to me, now that we are able to spin for equipment, GLU has no lost 2/3 of their revenue chain from the clan events. We are not buying using gold for energy and now we are not using gold for equipment.

I now have 545 knives, 356 grenades, 401 rocket launchers, and 295 med kits, all of which I don't really need to use, because the MISLETOE and MEGAERA are all I need for the battles.

WOW 545 knives? I think it's safe to say you will never use all of that equipment. With 40,000,000+ player health, you would really need to be practically comatose to use a medkit and with the MISSLETOE and MAGAERA grenades and rockets are only for fun and laziness. I had no idea that Clan Wars was giving away these prizes though.

I also didn't realize you could spin for these. I take it you're using tokens?
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    WOW 545 knives? I think it's safe to say you will never use all of that equipment. With 40,000,000+ player health, you would really need to be practically comatose to use a medkit and with the MISSLETOE and MAGAERA grenades and rockets are only for fun and laziness. I had no idea that Clan Wars was giving away these prizes though.

I also didn't realize you could spin for these. I take it you're using tokens?

Yes that is what I am using my tokens for. You get 10 prizes for 180 tokens in the Clan Map Box 1. The map parts seem to be the premium prizes. Those, I don't win very often. But, I can "win" a 5 knife packs, an 8 knife pack, a 3 med kit packet, a 4 med kit pack, a 3 rocket pack, a 4 rocket pack, a 4 grenade pack and a 6 grenade pack.

Since then clan has the battles set at 6AM and 2PM my time, I am able to make most of them.

When I am able to find an opponent in the clan war, I usually win around 350 tokens per battle. It does not take long to win a lot of equipment and when you don't need to use it, it mounts up.
  • Options
    Here's yet another inconsistency ... every so often I see that I have lost tokens, usually around 60 or so, but the thing is I have no tokens to lose (never had any tokens that I know of) and I have never fought a clan battle.

Any explanations for this ... anyone?
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Here's yet another inconsistency ... every so often I see that I have lost tokens, usually around 60 or so, but the thing is I have no tokens to lose (never had any tokens that I know of) and I have never fought a clan battle.

Any explanations for this ... anyone?

Lots about Clan Wars scoring I can't explain, but this one I can: When you lose a defense in Clan Wars, trophies are taken from the Clan inventory, not the individual player. If you looked at the Clan Total, you would see that the loss was accrued there. The number of Trophies that are lost depends on your status, Clan leader, officer or member. Winning or losing depends on the individual players Base Power, but the losses are borne by the Clan.

If you think about it, it makes sense, in a Glu sort of way. The way you tell what the standings of the various clans are is be how many Trophies that they have won or lost. The clans start with 1000 and then win or lose Trophies during the course of the Season.

BTW, the Glu nomenclature is confusing, what individual members win are Tokens, what Clans win or lose are Trophies. To make matter worse the symbols for the two are almost identical.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Lots about Clan Wars scoring I can't explain, but this one I can: When you lose a defense in Clan Wars, trophies are taken from the Clan inventory, not the individual player. If you looked at the Clan Total, you would see that the loss was accrued there. The number of Trophies that are lost depends on your status, Clan leader, officer or member. Winning or losing depends on the individual players Base Power, but the losses are borne by the Clan.

If you think about it, it makes sense, in a Glu sort of way. The way you tell what the standings of the various clans are is be how many Trophies that they have won or lost. The clans start with 1000 and then win or lose Trophies during the course of the Season.

BTW, the Glu nomenclature is confusing, what individual members win are Tokens, what Clans win or lose are Trophies. To make matter worse the symbols for the two are almost identical.

OK so what's in the battle log is displayed on all clan members devices, but the loss is from the clan as a whole. That makes sense. The tokens and trophies do look alike I guess. I wasn't looking for a gold coin as a trophy, but then again I didn't really look very closely.