Options

CKS HQ Game locks up on PVP load

bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
Glu did a New Content Update for CKS on IOS at 10 AM PST. Since that update Elites clan members on IOS cannot access PVP. It locks up after selection of an opponent at the load screen. I have restarted and rebooted several times, no luck.

I am Bradr752, on IOS platform, with IOS 9.2, using Mini 3 and Mini 4 devices, I have CKS Version 4.0.1 which was running without problem prior to the update. I have restarted CKS and rebooted both devices multiple times, but the problem persists. The lock up has been experienced by multiple Elites clan members as well.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Glu did a New Content Update for CKS on IOS at 10 AM PST. Since that update Elites clan members on IOS cannot access PVP. It locks up after selection of an opponent at the load screen. I have restarted and rebooted several times, no luck.

I am Bradr752, on IOS platform, with IOS 9.2, using Mini 3 and Mini 4 devices, I have CKS Version 4.0.1 which was running without problem prior to the update. I have restarted CKS and rebooted both devices multiple times, but the problem persists. The lock up has been experienced by multiple Elites clan members as well.

They're tinkering again JEEZ ... let me check out Google SMH

OK checked it out w/3 battles ... 1st one took almost 2 minutes to load, but it had been sitting for a couple of hours.

2nd and 3rd took almost a minute, but didn't lock up. Something is clearly slowing the process down though.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    They're tinkering again JEEZ ... let me check out Google SMH

OK checked it out w/3 battles ... 1st one took almost 2 minutes to load, but it had been sitting for a couple of hours.

2nd and 3rd took almost a minute, but didn't lock up. Something is clearly slowing the process down though.

On IOS the process is completely broken. The PVP never loads. I have waited 30 minutes, nothing. No bobody in my clan can get on either. No response from Glu at all.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    On Amazon, the two most dangerous times in PVP are after selecting a target, and just after diamond screen. Many are crashing at either or both events. At least most are still playing with stability, but it's not reliable for others.

Do you see any movement on the leaderboard? Surprised concerned hasn't spoken yet.
  • Options
    Any changes? Is PvP still broken? I don't know about the new guy. TRY_AGAIN did you get parts yesterday? I was hoping everything was starting to get better since the forum was so quiet for a few days.

I guess not ... sorry guys.
  • Options
    Any changes? Is PvP still broken? I don't know about the new guy. TRY_AGAIN did you get parts yesterday? I was hoping everything was starting to get better since the forum was so quiet for a few days.

I guess not ... sorry guys.

At least 10 of my Clan still unable to play. I did a backup, delete restore. No change. Some cannot even log in, others can't do PVP or campaigns. Rebooted 8 to 10 times today. Nothing works. Numerous CC to Glu, no response.

Serves me right for my several recent posts about how well my game was running!
  • Options
    At least 10 of my Clan still unable to play. I did a backup, delete restore. No change. Some cannot even log in, others can't do PVP or campaigns. Rebooted 8 to 10 times today. Nothing works. Numerous CC to Glu, no response.

Serves me right for my several recent posts about how well my game was running!

New CONTENT UPDATE received @ 06:36 AM EST ... either this is a remedy OR doomsday; News at 11.

All game features check out AOK and functioning 5x5.

BYS is reporting that the "Sudden Death" syndrome has returned to IOS and that his energy has been raided, presumably after receiving the same CONTENT UPDATE I received this AM ... this just keeps getting better.

SMH
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    New content here, too. Probably just for the coming Global event? And as to gun parts, I now consider them more lost history. I am not alone in this parts lost group of players. Was hoping to have the scope heavy, but can live fine with the gattling. Gives me experience with both switching between my 2 accounts.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the account that was constantly crashing. Like Bradr, my fingers are crossed, but I have my doubts it will help.

And, bys's problem looks very difficult to hurdle, but Bradr752's? If not fixed, there's only one choice for him, walk away!

And that thought makes me shudder for the loss to all he's mentored on these forums. It's gotta be fixed, very soon, no?
  • Options
    Definitely needs to be fixed. More than any other time in CKS history, the game has become so riddled with issues that it truly threatens to destroy GLU's customer base as people simply walk away saying, "I don't need this kind of aggravation". It's a game and is supposed to be fun and relaxing. This latest version is just one headache after another.
  • Options
    I am delighted to report that after 18 hours, a second New Content Update on IOS fixed the problem. I can play again, and I think that everyone else is back as well.
  • Options
    Hallelujah !!!
  • Options
    Hallelujah !!!

One of the interesting things about this glitch, whatever it was, is that the lockout affected higher ranked players. Half of our Clan was locked out, and without exception, it was the highest ranked members. All of the top 10, included TZ thankfully, were locked out.
  • Options
    One of the interesting things about this glitch, whatever it was, is that the lockout affected higher ranked players. Half of our Clan was locked out, and without exception, it was the highest ranked members. All of the top 10, included TZ thankfully, were locked out.

Almost sounds like an "intruder" that was only interested in the high value loot.

Anything missing? :)
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    Almost sounds like an "intruder" that was only interested in the high value loot.

Anything missing? :)

This would probably explain why I have not seen any of these problems in my game play.
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    This would probably explain why I have not seen any of these problems in my game play.

OR ... as I've said in the past, identify a recently disgruntled IOS player with skills and you'll locate your hacker.

The prodigal son returns !!!

** SMILES **
  • Options
    No, this one has Glu's fingerprints all over it. Glu issues a New Content Update and suddenly half of the IOS players cannot access PVPs or Campaigns. 18 Hours later, Glu releases a second New Content Update and just as suddenly, everyone's game work great again.

Besides, we all know that there is no such thing as a "disgruntled IOS player". We are all happy campers.
  • Options
    LMAO ... touche
  • Options
    No, this one has Glu's fingerprints all over it. Glu issues a New Content Update and suddenly half of the IOS players cannot access PVPs or Campaigns. 18 Hours later, Glu releases a second New Content Update and just as suddenly, everyone's game work great again.

Besides, we all know that there is no such thing as a "disgruntled IOS player". We are all happy campers.

Ho Ho Ho ... Merry Christmas !!!

Other IOS players are reporting that that the problem(s) wasn't fixed after the content updates. What's your experience?

Going to setup Lionel trains for one of my nephews.

Have a Great Day !!!
  • Options
    Ho Ho Ho ... Merry Christmas !!!

Other IOS players are reporting that that the problem(s) wasn't fixed after the content updates. What's your experience?

Going to setup Lionel trains for one of my nephews.

Have a Great Day !!!

To date, I have not suffered through any of the problems that are being talked about here. I almost feel left out, not really. So except for what I have been reading here, I would not have known that their was any new problems.
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    To date, I have not suffered through any of the problems that are being talked about here. I almost feel left out, not really. So except for what I have been reading here, I would not have known that their was any new problems.

This is a good thing; it appears from what BRAD and you have stated that this glitch is "selective" in it's nature ... go figure?

Well it's the day after Christmas and not a creature is stirring ... not even my nephews !!!

Peace on Earth.

**SMILES**
  • Options
    Tofast4u2cTofast4u2c Registered Users 32 Posts
    Unfortunately I still am unable to load the game 98% of the time as it chokes on "checking social state". And when it does occasionally load it locks up in the middle of a battle wasting resources. I updated my IPad Air 2, IOS 9.2 but didn't help the problem. I tried turning off notifications as a last ditch effort but no joy there either. I don't see any other IOS complaint threads. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    2eldpwm.png
    Born to Cruise, Forced to Work!
  • Options
    Tofast4u2c wrote: »
    Unfortunately I still am unable to load the game 98% of the time as it chokes on "checking social state". And when it does occasionally load it locks up in the middle of a battle wasting resources. I updated my IPad Air 2, IOS 9.2 but didn't help the problem. I tried turning off notifications as a last ditch effort but no joy there either. I don't see any other IOS complaint threads. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    2eldpwm.png

Are you getting any error messages at all OR does your device stop responding?
  • Options
    No error messages just won't finish loading. If I am lucky enough to get it to load it locks up in mid battle with my weapon firing away. So not responding would be a good description.
  • Options
    No error messages just won't finish loading. If I am lucky enough to get it to load it locks up in mid battle with my weapon firing away. So not responding would be a good description.

What version of CKS do you have? Have you downloaded the newest from the App Store?
  • Options
    4.0.1 is what I am showing. Have been doing updates as the come up in the app. Thanks for the help guys.
  • Options
    Maybe BRADR752 or CONCERNED can help you with this if you're not sure how to proceed; be careful.

At times it may help to clear out your system and application cache. On Android I routinely clear my cache(s) sometimes several times a day depending on how many battles I'm fighting. CKS leaves all kinds of "temporary junk" in the cache and it usually clears it out when the game is exited. But if the game is crashing or freezing, forcing you to manually close the app, this junk can accumulate.
  • Options
    I have cleared the cache in safari and still no joy. I was able to play a few battles very early today and thought I might have had a break through but just lucky I guess. Playing a video for gold seems to be a sure way to crash the game. The video will play and either lock in the middle or not allow me to X out at the end. I find it hard to believe I am the only IOS player having constant issues. It seems like since the logo changed to the Santa garb I haven't been able to play reliably. Coincidence?
  • Options
    I have cleared the cache in safari and still no joy. I was able to play a few battles very early today and thought I might have had a break through but just lucky I guess. Playing a video for gold seems to be a sure way to crash the game. The video will play and either lock in the middle or not allow me to X out at the end. I find it hard to believe I am the only IOS player having constant issues. It seems like since the logo changed to the Santa garb I haven't been able to play reliably. Coincidence?

Perhaps it is time for the dreaded, Backup, Delete, Restore remedy. I always hate to recommend this because it is scary, but it has fixed my game several times when nothing else worked. You may want to give that a try.
  • Options

That's clearing the browser cache. What I'm referring to is the CKS application cache. When you clear the Safari cache, that's all your clearing ... the application cache for Safari. You need to clear it for CKS.
  • Options
    Perhaps it is time for the dreaded, Backup, Delete, Restore remedy. I always hate to recommend this because it is scary, but it has fixed my game several times when nothing else worked. You may want to give that a try.

I may have to try that if all else fails. With CKS it seems time may cure some ills and I would try to spend down my gold before the reinstall and could take a while at this pace.
    Can someone tell me how to reset the cache for CKS as amsoft2000 recommend?
    Thanks for the help guys.
    Jack
  • Options
    I may have to try that if all else fails. With CKS it seems time may cure some ills and I would try to spend down my gold before the reinstall and could take a while at this pace.
    Can someone tell me how to reset the cache for CKS as amsoft2000 recommend?
    Thanks for the help guys.
    Jack

On the iPad, there is not a cache to reset, the only thing that we can do is a hard reset of the iPad. Hold down the home button and the power button at the same time, until the Apple logo shows up on the screen.

Unfortunately, I think that you really need to follow Brad's advice of the dreaded, Backup, Delete, Restore. I, too, have had to a complete restore to solve your kind of a problem. Just make sure that you have a current valid backup. I would backup to both iTunes and to iCloud, so that I would have 2 chances to restore.

When I do it, I completely erase my iPad and deleted everything. Then during the restore, I restore using one of the backups. The complete erase is what make this scary.