Options

CKS HQ: Clan Wars requests/suggestions

PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
Dissatisfaction with the current Clan Wars implementation is a common theme in my clan's chat. I've had some ideas that I think would improve it, and I'm sure others have ideas as well. I'd like this thread to be a place where ideas to improve Clan Wars can be proposed.

First, the issues:
My clan, ComeGetSome in the Amazon group, is a top-3 clan; we're 2nd on the clan leaderboard, but #3 is fairly close. We maintain a full roster of 19 or 20 players and are generally high-level, with 5 of us, including myself, on the Amazon group's all-time leaderboard top-20.

The most common complaint for us is that we rarely get a challenging Clan Wars opponent. Far too frequently, we'll draw a small clan, with less than 3 members, sometimes even a solo clan. Our opponent's powers are also generally much lower than our average member's power.

As a whole, those small, low-power clans award about the same number of trophies as full clans comprised of higher-power members, which doesn't make much sense to me.

My first suggestion would be to match the Clan War opponent clans more equitably, and to award more trophies for full clans comprised of higher-powered members than for clans with fewer and lower-powered members.

I'd also recommend reducing the Clan Wars "attack" phase from 2 hours to one, and replacing the second hour with a "revenge" match where the the clan that was attacked can fight to win back lost trophies from the attacking clan.
Prev13

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    There are others, most notably BRADR752, that have abandoned this ridiculous implementation of CLAN WARS and have re-organized their own version of the CLAN GLOBAL. Check with BRAD for details.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    I wanted to update the situation with Clan Wars. Clan Wars are still way, way broken. My Clan, Elites on IOS, is one of only two Level 6 Clans. Yesterday we were matched against 2 Level 2 Clans, each with only one member, so we receive minimum value. We were attacked twice and lost more points than we won, finishing the day in 313th place, even though we had won all our offensive matches. That is the pattern day after day. The Clan War winner is the clan that the Glu matching algorithm "protects" by not allowing them to be attacked. This seems to be the same handful of clans every week.

The good news is that Glu has acknowledged that there is a serious problem with Clan Wars, has submitted it to the "Dev Team" and has promised a fix with the release of Version 4.0.2, whenever that is.
  • Options
    DentaylorDentaylor Registered Users 41 Posts
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I wanted to update the situation with Clan Wars. Clan Wars are still way, way broken. My Clan, Elites on IOS, is one of only two Level 6 Clans. Yesterday we were matched against 2 Level 2 Clans, each with only one member, so we receive minimum value. We were attacked twice and lost more points than we won, finishing the day in 313th place, even though we had won all our offensive matches. That is the pattern day after day. The Clan War winner is the clan that the Glu matching algorithm "protects" by not allowing them to be attacked. This seems to be the same handful of clans every week.

The good news is that Glu has acknowledged that there is a serious problem with Clan Wars, has submitted it to the "Dev Team" and has promised a fix with the release of Version 4.0.2, whenever that is.

Clan war is totally pointless, nothing else just a kind of Glu's lottery.
  • Options
    Dentaylor wrote: »
    Clan war is totally pointless, nothing else just a kind of Glu's lottery.

It sure is a lottery now. Glu has promised to fix it to make it a real competition. We will see.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    And what's their reasoning for Clan Wars; they loose gold from clans no longer trying to run at each other in the Global, and they are giving away equipment in the map spin boxes.

And for this we get 2 chances a day to theoretically get 3 hits if we're really quick to grab them from our own team mates, but more often sit there staring at the War Over popup wondering why am I wasting my time.

Yeah... That's the ticket!
  • Options
    Having posted a number of very negative comments on Clan Wars, I wanted to report some apparent progress in the matching algorithm which has made CW much more interesting.

For the first time the CW Season, my clan, Elites, is being matched against opponents where Clan Base Level, individual Base strength and Drone strength really matter. While we have not seen Version 4.0.2 which is supposed to fix CW, the current matches actually are better and really allow meaningful PVP instead of PVBot. Not perfect by a long shot, but much better.
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    Having posted a number of very negative comments on Clan Wars, I wanted to report some apparent progress in the matching algorithm which has made CW much more interesting.

For the first time the CW Season, my clan, Elites, is being matched against opponents where Clan Base Level, individual Base strength and Drone strength really matter. While we have not seen Version 4.0.2 which is supposed to fix CW, the current matches actually are better and really allow meaningful PVP instead of PVBot. Not perfect by a long shot, but much better.

While I agree that they have made changes, at this point in time, the Clan Wars hold no interest, what so ever for me. In fact, for the most part, I have stopped competing in them. As has been reported, there is that wild rush at the beginning, where clan members are trying to get a battle. But, a typical Clan War lasts all of 3-4 minutes.

What I have been doing lately, is 10 or 15 minutes after the War has started, I bring it up and check if there are still battles remaining. If there are, then I will attack, if there are not, so much the better.

What I mean is, at this point in time, I am not interested in any of the Clan War prizes. For me, the outfits are useless.

As far as the eguipment, I am currently sitting with almost 2500 knives, 1700 grenades, 1300 rocket launchers and 1100 MedKits, all of which I seldom use. So, I don't need any more.

Outside of map parts, there is nothing that I can win during a Clan War that will benefit my Clan. So unless I am missing something here, why should I bother?

Poor attitude, I know, but at least in the old Global Can Event, I was able to assist in winning drone weapons for all Clan Members.
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    While I agree that they have made changes, at this point in time, the Clan Wars hold no interest, what so ever for me. In fact, for the most part, I have stopped competing in them. As has been reported, there is that wild rush at the beginning, where clan members are trying to get a battle. But, a typical Clan War lasts all of 3-4 minutes.

What I have been doing lately, is 10 or 15 minutes after the War has started, I bring it up and check if there are still battles remaining. If there are, then I will attack, if there are not, so much the better.

What I mean is, at this point in time, I am not interested in any of the Clan War prizes. For me, the outfits are useless.

As far as the eguipment, I am currently sitting with almost 2500 knives, 1700 grenades, 1300 rocket launchers and 1100 MedKits, all of which I seldom use. So, I don't need any more.

Outside of map parts, there is nothing that I can win during a Clan War that will benefit my Clan. So unless I am missing something here, why should I bother?

Poor attitude, I know, but at least in the old Global Can Event, I was able to assist in winning drone weapons for all Clan Members.

I agree that it is difficult to get enthused about Clan Wars, even if they run better than before. The map parts aren't incentive and the Skin parts are just a joke. Since the standings are reset every week, there is no way to determine which clans are doing well.

Elites jump on the open map spots instantly, so it is impossible to even get a battle in and the Trophies you win can't be used for anything useful.

CW is still pointless, but it is working better. Hopefully Glu will figure out a way to make CW more interesting.
  • Options
    I agree that it is difficult to get enthused about Clan Wars, even if they run better than before. The map parts aren't incentive and the Skin parts are just a joke. Since the standings are reset every week, there is no way to determine which clans are doing well.

Elites jump on the open map spots instantly, so it is impossible to even get a battle in and the Trophies you win can't be used for anything useful.

CW is still pointless, but it is working better. Hopefully Glu will figure out a way to make CW more interesting.

Hopefully they will figure out a way to make it interesting, because it does look Ike it is here to stay.
  • Options
    Hey Gents ... how long have we all been playing this game? You know as well as I do that complaining about what GLU does OR doesn't do will get us nowhere fast.

Now you ARE the experts in "Clan Confrontations". I know that GLU reads these forum posts, so make some "suggestions" on how to improve Clan Wars, even if that suggestion is to return to the Clan Global. Based on your comments, I would guess that somewhere in between, taking the best features of both, would be the answer.

You "hope" GLU can "figure" out to make it more "interesting" ... you're kidding right?

Unfortunately, I do not know enough about either to make any realistic suggestions ...
    ... but you can.
  • Options
    Suggestions to improve Clan Wars: The matching algorithm needs to be improved. Currently my Clan, Elites, a Level 7 Clan with 20 members is matched against Level 2 Clans with only 1 or 2 members. Glu has acknowledged that this is a problem and has promised a fix in the forthcoming Version 4.0.2.

There needs to be a running total of Clans scores for the entire Clan War Season so that Clans can see how they are doing over the longer term. Glu offers a Clan War "Season" but doesn't give a cumulative total for the season. What would be the point of an NBA season, if you didn't track the win/loss records of the Teams?

There needs to be a more meaningful prize structure than the Tokens currently awarded, which can't be used for anything but Santa Costumes and other junk.

They need to define the rules of engagement. What is the function of higher level maps? What is achieved by getting to a higher Clan Base Level?

And most importantly, Glu must figure out a way to last longer than 3 minutes, 2 times per day.

There is also a very specific "glitch" in clan wars itself: Sometimes players cannot access new targets, either nothing happens when you click on opponents or the meter for existing contests just continues to run for 7:30, even though the contest has ended and a score has been recorded.
  • Options
    Here's a question for the Brain Trust ... in a game has been reduced to diamond payouts, base economy and vault capacity why on Earth are we spending 600 MILLION DIAMONDS to upgrade the base?

GUARD level ... zip
    SENTRY level ... zip
    PLAYER HEALTH ... truly a joke

BASE ECONOMY is all that matters right ... and the only reason we upgrade that is to increase vault capacity, which can never hold enough diamonds to fully upgrade a current weapon.

I'm just sayin' ....
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Here's a question for the Brain Trust ... if the game has been reduced to diamond payouts, base economy and vault capacity why on Earth are we spending 600 MILLION DIAMONDS to upgrade the base?

GUARD level ... zip
    SENTRY level ... zip
    PLAYER HEALTH ... truly a joke

BASE ECONOMY is all that matters right ...

Appropriate that you should post this on the Clan Wars thread, because Guard and Sentry Level upgrades actually make a difference in CW defense. Our clan members with maxxed out Base defenses and a healthy Drone are winning 35 to 40% of their CW defenses.

While we may or may not like CW, Glu is clearly building the contemporary game around CW.
  • Options
    Appropriate that you should post this on the Clan Wars thread, because Guard and Sentry Level upgrades actually make a difference in CW defense. Our clan members with maxxed out Base defenses and a healthy Drone are winning 35 to 40% of their CW defenses.

While we may or may not like CW, Glu is clearly building the contemporary game around CW.

Of course it was appropriate my brother gladiator, but the game is clearly built around accumulating diamonds, I would think.

So I believe we should suggest something that "integrates" better with Clan Wars, for starters. (1) If you're competing in the Global for the sake of your CLAN, then make that choice available to you up front on DAY #1 ... no need for donations or whatever it is GLU calls it. (2) Get a "wakeup" call when a battle is about to begin instead of relying on a clock set in England ...

Getting my drift ... recommendations ... topics for discussion. If we don't discuss this stuff here in the Forum, GLU will hand down yet another disappointment.

So now between you and I, we have a starting point ...

Hell put it in a petition :)
  • Options
    Of course it was appropriate my brother gladiator, but the game is clearly built around accumulating diamonds, I would think.

So I believe we should suggest something that "integrates" better with Clan Wars, for starters. (1) If you're competing in the Global for the sake of your CLAN, then make that choice available to you up front on DAY #1 ... no need for donations or whatever it is GLU calls it. (2) Get a "wakeup" call when a battle is about to begin instead of relying on a clock set in England ...

Getting my drift ... recommendations ... topics for discussion. If we don't discuss this stuff here in the Forum, GLU will hand down yet another disappointment.

So now between you and I, we have a starting point ...

Hell put it in a petition :)

I actually put in a CC some time ago begging them to bring back Clan Globals and in a rare moment of clarity, Glu told me that Global Clan Wars would not be coming back.
  • Options
    I actually put in a CC some time ago begging them to bring back Clan Globals and in a rare moment of clarity, Glu told me that Global Clan Wars would not be coming back.

OK but I see no reason why (weapons and base upgrades aside) I can't declare "Today I fight For The Clan" :) they have a notification feature that alerts you that your energy supply is full, so it can't be that difficult to send a "device vibrate" OR a "audio alert" command to a player's device 5 minutes before a battle is about to begin.

If I'm fighting for The Clan today, then all PvP battles are versus the opposing Clan's members. Practically everyone, even myself, belongs to a Clan.

And what's the deal with these maps that lead to nowhere. Let's add prizes along the way that have some real benefit; place them on the map itself. You get placed on a "map" for what purpose? To encircle the camp with expendables. BRAD vs SCORPION for the prize contained on GRID SQUARE #13.

I could even envisage some of the campaign missions being integrated into Clan Wars.

We can make a difference, I think.
  • Options
    Here's another suggestion (question) ... my Clan has 18-20 members on any given date, 1 leader 9 officers ... what's the deal with that ??? 1 leader, 1st officer, 2nd officer who functions as leader in the absence of the other two ... that's it.

At least let's try to make it "real".

**SMILES**
  • Options
    OK but I see no reason why (weapons and base upgrades aside) I can't declare "Today I fight For The Clan" :) they have a notification feature that alerts you that your energy supply is full, so it can't be that difficult to send a "device vibrate" OR a "audio alert" command to a player's device 5 minutes before a battle is about to begin.

If I'm fighting for The Clan today, then all PvP battles are versus the opposing Clan's members. Practically everyone, even myself, belongs to a Clan.

And what's the deal with these maps that lead to nowhere. Let's add prizes along the way that have some real benefit; place them on the map itself. You get placed on a "map" for what purpose? To encircle the camp with expendables. BRAD vs SCORPION for the prize contained on GRID SQUARE #13.

I could even envisage some of the campaign missions being integrated into Clan Wars.

We can make a difference, I think.

Scorpion, at anytime other than the wars day off Tuesday, you can check the time of the next war on the Clan tab Clan War page. There's a countdown clock there.

Also note, unless the leader edits the starting time, there's always two attacks per day at the same time. Since you're EST, just subtract 5 from the yellow checked hours listed in the Clan Tab, Overview, Clan War Schedule.

As far as prizes, compete in the war, collect tokens, then in the Store, Unique Items page, select the Clan Map Box I or II... to spin for equipment. You can even get free energy in the Chance Box if you have enough tokens to cover a spin.

When a War is active, the Clan tab will turn red. This will occur for the full 2 hour time limit, but doesn't mean that your clan hasn't conquered all hexes.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    Scorpion, at anytime other than the wars day off Tuesday, you can check the time of the next war on the Clan tab Clan War page. There's a countdown clock there.

Also note, unless the leader edits the starting time, there's always two attacks per day at the same time. Since you're EST, just subtract 5 from the yellow checked hours listed in the Clan Tab, Overview, Clan War Schedule.

As far as prizes, compete in the war, collect tokens, then in the Store, Unique Items page, select the Clan Map Box I or II... to spin for equipment. You can even get free energy in the Chance Box if you have enough tokens to cover a spin.

When a War is active, the Clan tab will turn red. This will occur for the full 2 hour time limit, but doesn't mean that your clan hasn't conquered all hexes.

I hear what your saying and converting to GMT is easy. What I'm saying essentially is that if I'm in the heat of battle during a Global Event, the chances I'll stop to go to the Clan tab and wait for a battle to begin are pretty slim. Unless there is something unique about the Clan Battles themselves, I see no reason why these battles cannot be integrated into the base system.

Essentially, the battles I fight today (until I decide otherwise) are for my Clan. It should be nothing more than matching you up against an opposing clan member. Basically it's a fusion of Clan War maps and the old Clan Global. BRAD quoted CC as stating the game will never go back to the Clan Global, I understand that. According to anyone who plays Clan Wars on a regular basis, every feature unique to it is ill conceived.

Now my response is addressed to you TRY_AGAIN, but it's mostly for the GLUTONS who read these, since I know they take opinions to heart, even if it doesn't appear to be that way.

Some may find spinning for anything fun, I think it's tedious. :)

I could also make a case that CKS, in it's traditional format, is a dead end. Rename the game to Contract Killer: Clan Wars and everything you do is in the name of your Clan. After all, the one thing that's keeps you guys interested is the concept of "The Clan" anyways not the game play surrounding it.

I haven't read a single post that reads, "I love Clan Wars, this is great !"

*** SMILES ***

You screwed the pooch on this one GLU, admit it and move on.

My mission, if you want to call it that, is to bring this game back from the brink. I would love to read players describing the game as "Awesome", "Addicting", "Great Game" et al.
  • Options
    I'm trying, REALLY I am :( Since I had nothing else pressing this morning, I decided to go through the motions of what a typical Clan enthusiast might experience and dissect this feature to it's bare bones.

I opened up Clan Wars and immediately won 2 battles in a few minutes ... nothing out of the ordinary.

Suggestions:

(1) I never noticed this before (probably just ignored it like any other pop up) BUT ... GLU has a notification pop up that tells you the Clan War is over. You've got to be kidding me ... if they can tell you when the war is over, why can't they tell you a battle is about to begin? Better yet just take you to the battle, provided you're not otherwise indisposed.

(2) OK I won ... so I decided to check on my tokens inventory (a modest accumulation of 700 tokens). So let's see what the "Wheel of Fortune" has to offer. Absolutely nothing and here is my suggestion in this regard.

..... How about some weapons parts from a future GLOBAL or VIP Event.
    ..... Make TOKENS and GOLD equivalent in how they can be used for spins.

(3) Now if Clan Wars were integrated into the base system, you would obviously be able to fight an unlimited number of battles. The GOLD spent during the Global could be better utilized if used during Clan Events. Why not purchase additional battles using TOKENS?

VP accumulations remain unchanged ... a victory gets you 2 points; simple enough.

I could go on, but the above just about summarizes it all and THAT is the problem ... that's all there is (maps aside). These observations were made from an individual's POV. PYTHON and BRAD have some excellent suggestions relating to the Clan's POV.

We could put together a comprehensive list of "bullet holes". In developer parlance ... this would serve as a functional design document.

Then I had an epiphany ... the problem is that the developers themselves do not play video games ... LMAO ... so how can we expect them to develop new game features that make sense to a gamer? This, more than anything else, explains the current state of the game.

GLU are there any part-time positions available?

**SMILES**
  • Options
    The new version appears to have fixed the CW matchup problem. Now Clans are matched base on total Trophies in the current CW, which turns CW from a joke to a real competition. Also, attacks are no longer limited to 12, so Clans with higher maps will be subject to have all clan members attacked.

I have been a real critic of CW as my other posts is this thread show, but this is now a real competition and a real improvement. Now if they would just give us something to use our CW Tokens on that wasn't totally stupid.
  • Options
    The new version appears to have fixed the CW matchup problem. Now Clans are matched base on total Trophies in the current CW, which turns CW from a joke to a real competition. Also, attacks are no longer limited to 12, so Clans with higher maps will be subject to have all clan members attacked.

I have been a real critic of CW as my other posts is this thread show, but this is now a real competition and a real improvement. Now if they would just give us something to use our CW Tokens on that wasn't totally stupid.

Although, Comegetsome is on it's third straight win streak in 1st place, I'm not convinced your right about matchups. It could be since the Elites is the only [I think] clan on iOS that is currently Level 7 that you are number 1.

I think we need a bit more time to see if the Clan Wars Leaderboard listings start to pair up, and if this starts to carry over to the following week, rather than starting from a random start.

We're currently using the Rhinoceros map with 28 hexes. But setting up a shooting gallery doesn't seem to provide much protection, but does multiply the winnings at the finish line.

And as far as using your tokens, don't you use the Chance Box and get some free energy? Sure comes in handy for me!
  • Options

I've been really (slowly) getting into Clan Wars. The Ruskies Clan is RANKED #1 (as usual) these guys never stop playing. The score is somewhere north of 800,000.

I can definitely say (with limited experience, so consider the source), that these battles/wars are much more interesting than it was the last time I seriously attempted my luck at CW. Since everything else about CKS is boring me to tears, I figured I would start giving CW a serious look.
  • Options
    I've been really (slowly) getting into Clan Wars. The Ruskies Clan is RANKED #1 (as usual) these guys never stop playing. The score is somewhere north of 800,000.

I can definitely say (with limited experience, so consider the source), that these battles/wars are much more interesting than it was the last time I seriously attempted my luck at CW. Since everything else about CKS is boring me to tears, I figured I would start giving CW a serious look.

Clan wars are getting more interesting. With the higher level maps, you can take on the whole clan, not just 12 battles. The matchups are better and you get to see different defenses than you are used to in PVP. I am actually pretty positive on the concept right now. And as an added bonus, Clan wars are much cheaper (free) than the old Clan Globals ($100-$130).
  • Options
    Clan wars are getting more interesting. With the higher level maps, you can take on the whole clan, not just 12 battles. The matchups are better and you get to see different defenses than you are used to in PVP. I am actually pretty positive on the concept right now. And as an added bonus, Clan wars are much cheaper (free) than the old Clan Globals ($100-$130).

A couple of questions ... I remember you stating that GLU put an end to donations. I've noticed that the CW Map contains stats on defense and drone levels of each clan member. So how does individual base/drone configurations integrate into the clan's base/drone configurations AND is either more important than the other?

Obviously, winning is the primary objective, but as in PvP defense plays an important role as well.

So I guess my singular question is how do you strike a balance between what you accomplish as an individual vs. what a clan member can do to benefit the entire clan?
  • Options
    A couple of questions ... I remember you stating that GLU put an end to donations. I've noticed that the CW Map contains stats on defense and drone levels of each clan member. So how does individual base/drone configurations integrate into the clan's base/drone configurations AND is either more important than the other?

Obviously, winning is the primary objective, but as in PvP defense plays an important role as well.

So I guess my singular question is how do you strike a balance between what you accomplish as an individual vs. what a clan member can do to benefit the entire clan?

Glu has been less than forthcoming on these issues, but here is what we think we know so far: Each map hex is defended by an individual clan member and the strength of the defense depends solely on the strength of the defense of that clan member. Remember that the defending Boss only uses primary weapons so your beefed up Tesla and Heavy are no help at all defending your hex, if you are optimizing you clan wars defense, upgrade assaults and snipers as well as drone weps.

The importance of Clan Base upgrades and higher level maps is much less clear. While I am unable to figure out how Glu factors maps and Base Levels into the algo, it is very clear that they do give you an advantage somehow. My clan, Elites, is the only level 7 Clan on IOS and we clearly are given some protection against attacks. Right now the top 7 Clans in the current CW are all Level 5 or higher.

The effect of higher level maps is even less clear. It probably confers some advantage, but I have no way to quantify it. What is clear is that the 4 hex cells with the arrow are the front line and it is important to have your nastiest defenses up front. We have four members with weaponed up Drones from 26.2M to 42M and they stop all but the strongest clans cold.

FWIW, Elites have only been attacked one time so far this CW and we lost no points in that defense, so something is working for us, we just aren't sure what. We have currently completed 35% of Level 7 with the thought that a bigger number means something good, even if we can't figure out what it is.
  • Options
    Glu has been less than forthcoming on these issues, but here is what we think we know so far: Each map hex is defended by an individual clan member and the strength of the defense depends solely on the strength of the defense of that clan member. Remember that the defending Boss only uses primary weapons so your beefed up Tesla and Heavy are no help at all defending your hex, if you are optimizing you clan wars defense, upgrade assaults and snipers as well as drone weps.

The importance of Clan Base upgrades and higher level maps is much less clear. While I am unable to figure out how Glu factors maps and Base Levels into the algo, it is very clear that they do give you an advantage somehow. My clan, Elites, is the only level 7 Clan on IOS and we clearly are given some protection against attacks. Right now the top 7 Clans in the current CW are all Level 5 or higher.

The effect of higher level maps is even less clear. It probably confers some advantage, but I have no way to quantify it. What is clear is that the 4 hex cells with the arrow are the front line and it is important to have your nastiest defenses up front. We have four members with weaponed up Drones from 26.2M to 42M and they stop all but the strongest clans cold.

FWIW, Elites have only been attacked one time so far this CW and we lost no points in that defense, so something is working for us, we just aren't sure what. We have currently completed 35% of Level 7 with the thought that a bigger number means something good, even if we can't figure out what it is.

Excellent explanation ... surprisingly, I was able to follow it all and now have a better understanding of the "inference" of Clan Wars gameplay and strategy :)

I'm not sure if I will reach a level of enthusiasm that matches most, but I AM working on it.

I Thank You, Sir Brad.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    Although, Comegetsome is on it's third straight win streak in 1st place, I'm not convinced your right about matchups. It could be since the Elites is the only [I think] clan on iOS that is currently Level 7 that you are number 1.

I think we need a bit more time to see if the Clan Wars Leaderboard listings start to pair up, and if this starts to carry over to the following week, rather than starting from a random start.

We're currently using the Rhinoceros map with 28 hexes. But setting up a shooting gallery doesn't seem to provide much protection, but does multiply the winnings at the finish line.

And as far as using your tokens, don't you use the Chance Box and get some free energy? Sure comes in handy for me!

On IOS, TURKIYE, a level 4 Clan, has taken over the #1 spot. So the ELITES being a level 7 clan has nothing to do with it. I think that the TURKIYE Clan has been the #1 clan for the last several Clan Wars.

The only difference this time is TURKIYE only has a 34 trophy lead on the ELITES. under they old clam war systems, they were always double of their nearest competitor. It looks like this might have changed.

Under the old system, trophy totals were simply a **** shoot. When your are matched against a weak clan you score 2-300 trophies. When you are matched against a strong clan, you could score 7-800 trophies. Add in the number of times you were attack, all of these factors determined how well you scored. Nothing else really seem to matter.

However, your thoughts on the Chance Box is definitely food for thought.
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    On IOS, TURKIYE, a level 4 Clan, has taken over the #1 spot. So the ELITES being a level 7 clan has nothing to do with it. I think that the TURKIYE Clan has been the #1 clan for the last several Clan Wars.

The only difference this time is TURKIYE only has a 34 trophy lead on the ELITES. under they old clam war systems, they were always double of their nearest competitor. It looks like this might have changed.

Under the old system, trophy totals were simply a **** shoot. When your are matched against a weak clan you score 2-300 trophies. When you are matched against a strong clan, you could score 7-800 trophies. Add in the number of times you were attack, all of these factors determined how well you scored. Nothing else really seem to matter.

Turkiye is in first place, and we each attacked one another in the last CW. We both took max trophies from one another but we took 722 Trophies from them and they only got 716 from us. I don't know what to make of that, we are Level 7, they are Level 4, we have a higher level map and we get more Trophies, I am not sure wherein the difference lies.

Before the new version, Turkiye and Russia clans were able to switch times and pick up 3 clan war slots a day. The rest of us were stuck with only 2 CWs per day, so they always had massive leads. That unfair advantage has now been eliminated.

While the advantage of Clan Base level upgrades and higher value maps is still up in the air, the match ups are clearly better. Every round this CW we have been matched against the team with the closest Trophy count to ours.

While you say that there is no advantage to being at a higher Clan Base Level, only 15 of the 3000+ clans on IOS are Level 5 and above, and 5 of those clans are in the top 10, so there is clearly an advantage to being at a higher level.

One additional factor has clearly developed: The increase of the number on contests in a CW from 12 to 20 has shifted the balance heavily in favor of larger clans. It will now take 7 members online to complete a win against a full clan instead of the 4 members previously required.
  • Options
    W
    I'm trying, REALLY I am :( Since I had nothing else pressing this morning, I decided to go through the motions of what a typical Clan enthusiast might experience and dissect this feature to it's bare bones.

I opened up Clan Wars and immediately won 2 battles in a few minutes ... nothing out of the ordinary.

Suggestions:

(1)

Then I had an epiphany ... the problem is that the developers themselves do not play video games ... LMAO ... so how can we expect them to develop new game features that make sense to a gamer? This, more than anything else, explains the current state of the game.

GLU are there any part-time positions available?

**SMILES**

I am sorry to say that is is worse than you thought, Scorpion. Below I have posted a response from some "idiot" named GLUAdmin, on what to do if your game is crashing. I have included the link to the page. It is an old post, granted. But come on, where is some common sense?

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?589-My-game-is-CRASHING-what-do-I-do

vqk709.jpg

At the bottom of the page, this expert states that if you have tried his fixes, and you are still having problems, then put your device into Airplane Mode and try launching the game.

What did he just say?????

Airplane mode toggles off your wifi, so that your iPad, iPhone, or whatever can be used while on an airplane.

So......

Let me see if I have this straight, this so called GLU expert wants me to disable my wifi and then launch my game that REQUIRES an Internet connection to load.

Are you kidding me. I almost hurt myself falling out of my chair and ROFLMFAO.