Options

Knife, Grenades and Rockets abusive power!

ThianrenThianren Registered Users 77 Posts
Dear Customer Care,

Thank you very much and I really appreciate the updates that the equipments power are now increased and overwhelming strong.

However, a question raised regarding these upgrade of power. Is it fair for low level to beat the strongest defense just by throwing Grenades or rockets? What is the meaning of having strong base but they could easily destroy it by those equipment, and as we know, getting those things are quite easy now (I.e; by spinning Clan Map Box or Chance Box in Store by spending coins obtained from Clan Wars)

I suggest to balance the damage by percentage of maximum health of the opponents encountered rather than by per damage points (I.e if the opponent level is 20, then the damage is 80% of the opponents maximum health, it means it only takes two grenades to finish off the opponent; or if the opponent level is 220, than the damage is 10% of the maximum health).

Other methods is to use upgrade systems like drone. Combining grenades will increase it's power, etc.

And, kindly discuss with the developer teams to increase the diamond reward in Global or League's Milestones.

Thank you,

"Thianren"

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    You can't have it both ways Brother in Arms :cool:

Prizes for CLAN WARS were considered meaningless ... that has now changed.

People complained about grenades having no effect ... that has now changed.

I once spent 2 full minutes (as a test) trying to win a PvP battle using nothing but rockets ... that has now changed.

Your idea of "scaling" damage based upon the opponent you're facing is intriguing though.

DO NOT look a gift horse in the mouth. There are always tradeoffs AND consequences ...
    ... this one is a net positive, I believe.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    You can't have it both ways Brother in Arms :cool:

Prizes for CLAN WARS were considered meaningless ... that has now changed.

People complained about grenades having no effect ... that has now changed.

I once spent 2 full minutes (as a test) trying to win a PvP battle using nothing but rockets ... that has now changed.

Your idea of "scaling" damage based upon the opponent you're facing is intriguing though.

DO NOT look a gift horse in the mouth. There are always tradeoffs AND consequences ...
    ... this one is a net positive, I believe.

Yeah, but…I just feel like, what is the meaning of upgrading bases for Clan defense if a low level player is easily able to take down our base? 😓
  • Options
    Thianren wrote: »
    Yeah, but…I just feel like, what is the meaning of upgrading bases for Clan defense if a low level player is easily able to take down our base? ��

I'll let you in a little secret of mine ... the base defense is completely meaningless in PvP and Clan Wars alike. We once had a discussion regarding winning CW by minimizing losses OR maximizing trophy take. This was brought up because I noticed that many clans had stopped upgrading weapons 2-3 tiers back.

Our resident expert on all things Clan Wars (BRADR752) suggested that these were considered "low value" targets because of their lack of a top level defense (amongst other things, like weapons).

Maybe we can start another serious conversation regarding that topic.
  • Options
    Well ... if the base defense was meaningless before, it is now nonexistent.

There's 2.5 Hours remaining in the SILVER LEAGUE DAY #2 Event and the scoring has taken off like a "rocket" (no pun intended ... yeah it was :) )

So the mad doctors have accomplished what they intended ... increased PvP and CW participation. The increased PvP scoring from newer players has resulted in an increase in GOLD expenditure from players who may NOT have done so otherwise; these players now have an effective collection of weapons that enables them to compete on a level (practically flat) playing field against the advanced veteran players.

There will be casualties.

More to come ...
    ... in one "fell swoop", the game has now become a wide open (equal opportunity) "free" for all (NOT).

Here are the DAY #2 Final Results and it pretty much speaks for itself; I know ... don't ask :)

Screenshot_20160518-025914.png?psid=1

I can only imagine what happened in the GOLD LEAGUE.
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    The New Content Update has actually improved the video a lot, particularly on older devices so in that sense it represents an improvement.

As to the continuous fire MG, Glu sent a response to an Elites clan member saying thet the continuous fire was "an issue that has been fixed". Clearly the continuous fire was a mistake.

The increase in Rocket and Grenade power further accentuates the imbalance between offense and defense, which is unfortunate , but is clearly part of Glu's model for the game.

The current PVP contests are so easy that it is difficult to justify investing in new weapons or upgrades.

In short, the game is playing better than ever, but there is no motivation to play the game other than just to play the game. While it is hard to see what Glu is thinking when they make spending to upgrade Base, Drone or Weapons irrelevant to game play, it works for me. My budget for the game this year is down 60% from last year.
  • Options
    Well SIR BRAD, look at it this way. Quitting base upgrades was a no brainer for me and now it's clear there's no reason to continue along that route anymore (for the veterans anyway).

For the game to survive going forward (however long that will last) it must attract and keep new players and convince them to spend GOLD, so it that sense it's perfectly logical for GLU to do what they did. For the veterans, you, me and many others have seen their gaming budgets steadily decline because there's nothing left to accomplish. Even for the SCORPION, whom I consider a moderate spender at best, I am closing in on a 188.7M drone.

As I've said in the past, the enjoyment for me is derived from "shooting the place up" ...
    ... that's the way it all started, and apparently that's the way it will end.

Of course ... what ever happened to CLAN WARS?

KUDOS ... My Brother :cool:
  • Options
    I can't remember if this has been mentioned, but the glitch that mismatched low level players against maxxed out players, while giving a Green indicator has been fixed. That is great for low level players. Better video is a plus as well. What remains to be seen is whether those players respond by investing in the game. I am not at all sure.
  • Options
    Clan Wars is still totally broken and will be made worse by the update. On IOS the top 5 clans all cheat and clearly have the help of Glu programmers in doing so.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    I can't remember if this has been mentioned, but the glitch that mismatched low level players against maxxed out players, while giving a Green indicator has been fixed. That is great for low level players. Better video is a plus as well. What remains to be seen is whether those players respond by investing in the game. I am not at all sure.

Oh they will invest for sure ... all you need to do is look at the SILVER LEAGUE finish. I was the ONLY one out of the TOP 10 who had 23.5 weapons and a TIER 23 base ... it's as if they were chomping at the bit waiting for the gates to open; GLU obliged them.

GLU knows exactly what they're doing. The next generation of players are eager and ready; the veterans are bored. The last time I saw scoring like that in a silver league event was many, MANY, moons ago; ironically when grenades were king LMAO

I guess you can refer to us as dinosaurs :)

Any further developments regarding that 24.5 / 2.15B weapons glitch?
  • Options
    The 24.5 weapons rankings disappear at the 5th level of upgrades. I currently show my Scythe Mk at 2.42 B with 2 upgrades on the 5th tier, but if I call up my profile it shows nothing.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    The 24.5 weapons rankings disappear at the 5th level of upgrades. I currently show my Scythe Mk at 2.42 B with 2 upgrades on the 5th tier, but if I call up my profile it shows nothing.

I know it's hard with a weapon with such massive firepower, but can you tell if you've gained any additional damage power in column #5 over column #4?

My biggest concern is with TIER 24 and beyond because if the weapon cannot be properly upgraded, well you get the picture ...

Have your League Events started following the customary schedule as yet? Nobody has complained, so as they say, "No News is Good News" :)
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    I know it's hard with a weapon with such massive firepower, but can you tell if you've gained any additional damage power in column #5 over column #4?

My biggest concern is with TIER 24 and beyond because if the weapon cannot be properly upgraded, well you get the picture ...

Have your League Events started following the customary schedule as yet? Nobody has complained, so as they say, "No News is Good News" :)

Yesterday and today league play are at the regular end time.

As usual upgrading beyond 50% results in diminished returns. I would not upgrade beyond Level 3 if I had anywhere else to put my Diamonds.
  • Options
    SILVER LEAGUE Event DAY #3 was another exciting and brilliant performance by the newcomers. Brought back (not to distant) memories of the days when all I cared about was fighting and winning ... before I became preoccupied with base upgrades and drones.

These next generation gladiators are legit and they're not taking any prisoners. They're ready, willing and able but lack experience ... maybe The SCORPION can teach 'em a thing or two, eh? :cool:

Screenshot_20160519-025938.png?psid=1
  • Options
    One aspect of the recent New Content Update that I find absolutely hilarious is that one of the additions to the update was that an "Uncle Sam" costume became available for otherwise totally useless CW Tokens. Since I had 103.6 K of the useless tokens, I snapped it up. The next day, they removed the costume. I was one of two players on IOS who managed to get one.

I think I look darn good in my Uncle Sam suit.

2149pnd.jpg
  • Options
    At the start on this thread, I said that grenades and others are abusive, but now I have to correct myself that these equipments now are begin "again" declining of it's power…

I don't know whether to feel as this is an advantage or disadvantage…
  • Options
    ZeusismeZeusisme Registered Users 77 Posts
    Thianren wrote: »
    At the start on this thread, I said that grenades and others are abusive, but now I have to correct myself that these equipments now are begin "again" declining of it's power…

I don't know whether to feel as this is an advantage or disadvantage…

Advantage for high powered player who posses high level base 24/25 :-)
    If the abusive power of grenades and rockets still continues whats the use of ppl uograding to high level base ? Because in time they know even low level players can easily win when use this arms..