Options

Milla

EpicOcelotManEpicOcelotMan Registered Users 3 Posts
I had deleted this game the first time to make room for photos I would be taking during a family outing to Disneyland. When I heard that Milla Jovovich was a playable skin in the big update, I had to do some "clean-up" on my phone in order to be able to re-download it.

But what did I discover? That I had to pay ten dollars just to use her. TEN DOLLARS! Seriously!? How greedy can a game company be!? One dollar, three, even five is reasonable! But TEN!? Just for a new character!? What the hell, GLU!? Is this your method of making money; suckering people in with the allure of a new character, and then charging them an unfair amount for her!? What's wrong with you!?

Comments

• Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    The ten bucks I spent to access Torrence Tower is the best money I have spent in this game. The Tower is very challenging and is playable for free every hour. (It takes me forty minutes to get to the 42nd Floor.) Lots of great rewards for doing well. This is a great "run and gun" shooter.

The Tower is much more interesting and difficult than the PVP play and my cost per hour of play is much lower than playing the regular PVP scenarios.

I don't know anybody who has tried the Tower who feels like they didn't get their moneys worth. Those of you who have read my posts over the last couple of years know that I have been very critical of Glu on any number of issues, but the Tower is one thing that Glu has done right.
  • Options
    Thing is, not everyone can afford to pay $10 for it; I, for one, can't due to having been laid off from my previous job, and that no matter how many applications I put in, no ******* in Texas will hire me. I guess I overreacted a bit...
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Thing is, not everyone can afford to pay $10 for it; I, for one, can't due to having been laid off from my previous job, and that no matter how many applications I put in, no ******* in Texas will hire me. I guess I overreacted a bit...

Your point about Glu being greedy and CKS being expensive is a good one. I am sorry to hear about your current financial problems. Unfortunately, CKS is just not a good fit for players with limited finances.
  • Options
    Yeah, it seems a LOT of mobile game devs are greedy as pigs. Heck, the devs who made the first Maze Runner game makes you pay to use characters from the movie! In-game, you get just some random guy, and can unlock Newt and Winston with gems, but everyone else you have to buy with real money!
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    When the Early Entry was interupted for a couple days, I noticed you could pay Gold for the Milla character in the customize page.

And what a deal! Only 10,000 Gold!
  • Options
    ZeusismeZeusisme Registered Users 77 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    When the Early Entry was interupted for a couple days, I noticed you could pay Gold for the Milla character in the customize page.

And what a deal! Only 10,000 Gold!
    Paying gold for only the character dont think thats worth me dime. Package with the guns is more worth it.