Options

pvp unfair impossible odds

tinttimetinttime Registered Users 2 Posts
even when i loose the level of my oppenents are too high my level is 111 your putting me against level 200 i shoot them all day nothing happens i loose i up grase weapon more i upgrade the more you glu give harder an harder levels i cannot win without rokets or grandees this really sux when you dont have them please fix this

Comments

• Options
    Guestkh1981Guestkh1981 Registered Users 252 Posts
    I faced the same problem at ur level but then i discovered clan wars and the tokens u win from clan attacks. These won token can be used to acquire grenades and rockets etc. give it s try. The harder snd harder oponents thing is not going to change as it has been part oc the game since its start.
  • Options
    PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    PvP matchups are based on the highest power short and long range guns that you own (at least the "bot" matches are). Pay attention -- OWN, not have equipped, so if you own level 20 or 20.5 guns, then you're going to draw level 200 to 210 bot opponents (increasing in the range when you upgrade your guns). PvP matchups have nothing to do with your player's level, but you gun's levels.

I've seen many players hurt themselves by winning/crafting guns that are too high for their level (specifically, their health, which is mainly based on level, isn't high enough). If you do that, it's a hard hole to dig out of. As Guestkh1981 said, use tokens from Clan Wars on spins to win equipment that'll help win PvP matches, and concentrate on building up your level through campaigns ASAP. Also, though it can get diamond-expensive, keep finding new PvP targets until you draw a winnable match.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    This is nothing new: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?197251-Why-are-some-opponents-bullet-proof&highlight=weapons+power

While PYTHON's advice is sound, I do NOT believe your problem is "survivability" (player health), from what you described it's an inability to "kill" your opponents.

There is a phenomenon that occurs when a player reaches Level 9-10-11 and it's sure to happen if you're not expecting it.

In short, below Level 8-9 you're riding what I've termed "The Gravy Train" for PvP Battles are extremely easy. GLU does this to lure you in; it's not a gradual decline however once you surpass that threshold ... it's a dead end that results in a total inability to win anymore without spending something on something.

Thankfully, battle equipment such as grenades and rockets are provided FREE if you're a Clan Member; this was not always the case. You need a weapon that's fully upgraded, but your vault is way to small for upgrading a powerful weapon. At the earlier TIERS, upgrading your defense base is essential, except in one particular scenario ...

For example, If you never upgrade the base and bring your player health to the maximum level (currently 290), you can use a slingshot and win @ PvP ...
    ... I call this phenomenon "The Invincibility Effect".

I know all of this sounds nuts and is counter intuitive, but it is easily explained using mathematics and looking at the game from the match-maker algorithm's perspective ...
    ... while weapon strength is the heaviest weighted variable in selecting an opponent, it's not the only variable.

Think of it this way, when your game setup becomes "imbalanced" it's similar to dividing by zero ...
    ... the result cannot be defined, but this is a video game, not some M.I.T. simulation ... so you end up with opponents you cannot defeat (not without some help anyways).

This is what the "match maker" defaults to when the "calculated" opponent is "out of bounds" ...
    ... you get the strongest possible opponent and defense; since grenades and rockets are directly linked to the opponent's strength, they are the only practical and effective weapons.

What weapons are you using in battle, by the way?
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    PythonDjangoPythonDjango Registered Users 234 Posts
    My IOS PythonDjango is playing a variation of your "Invincibility Effect" strategy. My level is currently 290, but I keep my primary guns one level lower, at 28.5 (55% upgraded -- my secondary guns are far enough back to be irrelevant).

This limits my bot opponent's sentries and guards to about level 282, which are pretty easy to beat with level 290's health, and my primary guns are powerful enough take down the level 290 avatar fairly quickly. I do upgrade my base though -- it's currently tier 26 (Zulu), which gives me fairly good diamond payouts. Contrary to your approach, my drone is weak (15.4K power); I may slow down on my base and work on the drone for a while soon.

When the max level increases to 300, I'll replace my primary guns with 29.5 power; the key to an easy path is to never to have gun powers exceed player level/10 -- the bot opponents I'd face right now with 29.5 power guns would stretch my capability to win using only primary guns -- it wouldn't be impossible, but it wouldn't be easy without using equipment either. I'm staying in a "sweet spot".

Overall, this character can win enough milestone gold to upgrade primary guns when I need to -- I'm just going with the flow.

My Amazon league PythonDjango is is about a year older and still "riding the crest", although has been slipping lately. Also level 290, but with 29.5 power long range guns and 30.5 power short range guns; base is tier 30 (Alpha-Echo), but I only just upgraded to it. Matches are tougher and streaks are much harder to preserve due to stronger (level 300) short-range bot opponents (but they payout much more than my long-range matches and I'm greedy). Competition is less intense in the Amazon league, so I'm almost always able to finish top-90 and complete the top-30 gun during league play; I don't need to spend milestone gold on guns, so have accumulated over 10K. I'm reluctant to fall back with that character, but play would be a lot easier if I did.

The main reason I want to stay top-level competitive in Amazon is because some of the big spenders have been ****s in global chat to those of us who don't spend, but have managed to go head-to-head with them. I really don't want to concede, but Glu's recent changes have stacked the deck in their favor enough that I, and others like me, are falling behind whether or not we want to.
  • Options
    JayduxJaydux Registered Users 23 Posts
    Ive had this same issue too and it's annoying being in pvp and they don't take any damage. It's pointless to play when this is an issue. So what your saying is if your level 130-140 u should keep your guns level 12.5 and under? And can someone tell me what a BOT is?
    Jaydux
    ThechosenFew
  • Options
    Amsoft2000 what are you suggesting in order to be in the best advantage for PvP? Because I've had max health in base and never had my gun level be more then my player level. Your gun level will never go above your player level unless you get all the parts to a crafted weapon which is slim. Tinttime is right. Pvp is totally unfair. I'm getting matched up in Pvp with players who are way above my level no matter how much diamonds you spend trying to find what you think is a fair match of Pvp. Most of the players in Pvp do not take damage and when they do it's very little and your lucky to kill them before time is up. If your not in a clan to get coins when you win - your pretty much screwed because you have to use grenades or rockets to win in Pvp. You get a lousy 5 gold when you complete a level and the videos to get one gold each 30 second video rests every two days if your lucky.

If you could be matched up with a player in Pvp who takes damage when they are shot and Pvp is won through skill rather then the unfair player levels being matched up in Pvp then the game would be fair.
    Jaydux
    ThechosenFew
  • Options
    I feel your pain, but in order for me to be of any help I'm going to need the specifics of your game setup; screenshots will go a long way towards isolating the root cause of this problem.

The fairness (or lack hereof) is a subjective topic and I won't spend too much time discussing that but I will mention that playing PvP before knowing what you're getting yourself into ...
    ... can be an expensive and frustrating experience. As I've noted above, up until you reach TIER 9-10, PvP is extremely easy ... it's the old "bait and switch".

You might reach TIER 12-14 out of sheer determination and skill, but it WILL abruptly end eventually.

GLU lures you into a false sense of success and slams the door shut in an attempt to get you to spend some money (real or otherwise) to continue.

Look at it this way ... instead of saying it's "unfair", it's better described as a "trial" or "demo" period that has expired.

Now to the subject at hand ... how do you continue? On the surface, the answer is quite simple. You need a weapon that has a rated ATTACK POWER that exceeds your opponent's DEFENSE POWER.
    (I'm sure you've figured that much out already).

The real question is how do you "win" a stronger weapon when you can't win at PvP?
    ... Simple ... you can't, so that answers that question.

Post these hard statistics for starters:

Your SHORT RANGE ATTACK POWER
    Your LONG RANGE ATTACK POWER
    The typical DEFENSE POWER of the opponents you're having problems with
    All of your weapons and upgrade status
    Your current TIER
    Your current PLAYER HEALTH LEVEL
    Your current DEFENSE BASE and Upgrade Status

Then we'll take it from there ...

Good Luck !!!

Oh I almost forgot ... contrary to popular belief at your "beginner's" level, you are NOT competing (battling) against other players ... you are competing against computer generated opponents based on a given player's profile ...
    ... We refer to them as "bots". :)

When the "match maker" cannot find a suitable opponent, in it's infinite wisdom it generates the STRONGEST possible opponent ... this is why you cannot kill your opponents. The key to PvP success is being adept at manipulating the match maker's algorithm to get the results you want ...
    ... easier said than done, unfortumately. :cool:
  • Options
    I couldn't figure out how to attach screen shots so I'll just write down my numbers.

Player level 144.

Short Bulldog & Long Rhino range attack power 540.67K 13.0 First three upgrade columns are full except the first slot in third row.

Tesla 13.5 with first two columns upgraded.

Tier 9 Base Level. First three Economy slots are upgraded and last slot will upgrade in an hour. First two Health slots are upgraded. Third slot will upgrade in an hour. Total Health 6.84m as of now without next upgrade.
    Jaydux
    ThechosenFew
  • Options
    Jaydux wrote: »
    I couldn't figure out how to attach screen shots so I'll just write down my numbers.

Player level 144.

Short Bulldog & Long Rhino range attack power 540.67K 13.0 First three upgrade columns are full except the first slot in third row.

Tesla 13.5 with first two columns upgraded.

Tier 9 Base Level. First three Economy slots are upgraded and last slot will upgrade in an hour. First two Health slots are upgraded. Third slot will upgrade in an hour. Total Health 6.84m as of now without next upgrade.

Great ... now I need for you to fight 1 LR PvP with an opponent that is "Hard to Kill" and note YOUR ATTACK POWER and the opponent's DEFENSE POWER ... do the same for SR PvP. I see that you listed 540.67K for your 13.0 weapons ... I assume that it's the same for both SNIPER and ASSAULT?

BTW when you FULLY finally upgrade that 3rd column, you're really using 12.0 primary weapons ...
    ... they won't be 13.0 until you've applied all upgrades; same for that TESLA ... we'll get to that later.

Could you also state the DEFENSE POWER; a screen shot of the opponent would be great !!

Thanks ...

SCREEN SHOTS:
    1st you will need to store your images on a public cloud or storage service that can be accessed anonymously. I use OneDrive personally ... there are others, just Google it. Anything you might use to share digital photos with friends or family will suffice but the important thing is that you do NOT need to login to access them.

2nd you need to obtain the images URL (link) and embed it within your post as follows:

"<---IMAGE URL--->"

The URL should be the full path I.E "http://www.onedroive,com/images/glu/drone.jpeg&quot;
  • Options
    I played a level 229 player. Base Mike 13.0 568.32k. Simarql 19.5 54.79m Short. Deer 19.0 45.61m Long. This was a Short PvP match and he had a lower defense power of green color. I was higher attack power of yellow. I forgot what the actual numbers were. I used my Short gun and couldn't get any damage done. After halfway through the match I hit em with a grenade. I will get a screen shot next time and try to post it. I will work on upgrading my Tesla too.

Keep u posted
    Jaydux
    ThechosenFew
  • Options
    30lyonr.jpg

I couldn't do one bit of damage this player.
    Jaydux
    ThechosenFew
  • Options
    Assuming you were using your TESLA, you should have won this particular battle. SMH

Could you post his player profile?
  • Options
    I used my Tesla and I couldn't do any damage at ALL. I select these types of matches and it's not often I win without using a rocket or grenade. It's sucks. Before I upgrade my Tesla what do you suggest I upgrade? Damage or the Critcal Chance increase?

This is it's profile

mboly9.jpg
    Jaydux
    ThechosenFew
  • Options
    I also couldn't get a damage done on this Pvp match either. Had to use grenade to win.

1zc2s1y.jpg
    Jaydux
    ThechosenFew
  • Options
    Always upgrade DAMAGE first ...

You have a real problem here because based on everything you've posted, you should have won.

You're doing everything right, so keep doing what you're doing.

I'm going to open up a ticket on your behalf, I've got everything I need. In the meantime your only options are rockets and grenades.

Good Luck !!!
  • Options
    Ok that's what I have been doing first is damage upgrade. I'll need all the luck I can get or maybe I'm cursed or something. Here's the player above profile Loghouse just in case u need it. Glu needs to know that they aren't matching up fair Pvp matches. Not with just me but with many others. I think I was the only one who took the time to explain more. And show the crazy matchups.

1zc2s1y.jpg
    Jaydux
    ThechosenFew
  • Options
    Whoops didn't mean to post that one again. This is the one of the profile
    j91rid.jpg
    Jaydux
    ThechosenFew
  • Options
    Screenshot_20161012-074711.png?psid=1

Screenshot_20161013-183108.png?psid=1

As promised, I submitted a ticket on your behalf this morning @ 07:37 AM EST; roughly 6 hours later Customer Care forwarded my ticket to the developers. :cool:

My experience with GLU is the hardest part is getting past that initial hurdle. Once it's in the hands of the developers, some sort of response should be forthcoming ... the question is when?
    With CKS 6.0 supposedly being released within the next few weeks, this may be of some concern.

I want to state that this problem has existed for over a year, I even have a name for it ...
    ... "The Invincibility Effect" ...
    I've even provided instructions on how to "flip" this in your favor (at least the battlefield would be flat). Each and every time, I would ask for detailed documentation of a player's game setup, but most simply ride off into the sunset and to date NOBODY has had the patience to provide what you have provided.

Everybody complains from time to time, including myself, but it is rare that a player will take the time to see it through to a resolution ...
    ... for your efforts, I offer my sincere KUDOS.

Ooh Rah !!!

Maybe we'll get this resolved ... Once and Forever. Keep your fingers crossed. :)
  • Options
    I now have an open (ongoing) dialogue with the developers.

This response was not unexpected, since your game setup does have an emerging "imbalance" between weapons strength and defense base upgrade status ...
    ... your defense is @ TIER 9 and your weapons are @ TIER 13. At this early stage of the game, no more than 2 levels difference is considered safe; by The SCORPION :cool:

Screenshot_20161014-052522.png?psid=1

That said, I did ask them to investigate further and confirm their findings.

Screenshot_20161014-052536.png?psid=1

My ultimate advice while we wait, is to upgrade your base, close any remaining contracts and regrettably use grenades / rockets to win PvP in the interim until a "balance" is returned to your game setup.

I will however continue to monitor the situation and report any further developments.

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    Tintime I have the same issue. I got a Tesla and it's helped in Pvp. I have tried, asked other players, and posted about this issue. I keep getting different answers from different people. I've took lots notes of players in Pvp to try and figure out why certain players in Pvp that take very little damage ( so little damage that you are lucky to kill them by the end of Pvp match) or don't take any damage at ALL. Unless GLU adjusts were Pvp matches can be fair then all we can do is use rockets or grenades to win.

This is the best way to set yourself up to be able to do damage in Pvp. Complete ALL missions in campaigns to gain the health. I've done everyone up to my current campaign. More health will keep you alive if you get lucky enough to do damage in Pvp. Max out your health upgrades in Base. However I choose to max out Economy first for the increase in diamond production. If your Base level is level up 10 Then keep your gun levels no more then 11-13. I used to have a big gap between gun and base level.

I was Base level 9 Level 13 Long Short and Level 13.5 Tesla 75% max upgrades and no heavy gun. I want to give the stats of a match I lost that makes no sense and a match I won that I shouldn't have. This example tells me that some of the players cheat or GLU doesn't have a way to make Pvp fair.

I had to use a rocket to win this match.

Level 144
    Base November x14.0. 916.48k
    Drone 51k
    Primary Sniper x16.5
    Assault (short) 17.5
    Tesla 17.5
    Heavy 14.6

I lost. It took NO damage.

This is match I won using my Tesla.

Level 222
    Base November x14.0 1.04m
    Drone ? Forgot to write that done
    Primary Sniper 18.0
    Assault (short)
    Tesla 13.5
    Heavy 17.5

You would think I would have killed Level 144 with no problems but I couldn't get a drop of damage so I used a rocket to get the win. Now I matched up with level 222 and I won using Tesla. Why he took damage and I got the win? I don't know because Level 222 player had better stats and overall weapons then level 144. There's no real way to set yourself up to win because even level 222 had the better stats to beat me way more then player level 144??

let me know how your making out Tintinme?
    Jaydux
    ThechosenFew