Options

Player balancing

JayduxJaydux Registered Users 23 Posts
Throughout the game you are playing campaigns, doing Pvp, and Terrel Tower. You collecting money, diamonds, drone parts, etc...As you start to level up, upgrade weapons and Base upgrades. What is the best way to keep a good balance? Should I focus on leveling my player, should I max out my weapon upgrades, or should I focus more on my Base upgrades? The reason I'm asking is because I see players having weapons several levels above the actual level of the player.
Jaydux
ThechosenFew

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    In theory you should be matched against a "bot" that gives you an equal chance at winning based upon the weapons you're deploying ...
    ... except in those extreme circumstances like crossing TIER 10 for the first time :).

That said, I've ALWAYS recommended from the very beginnings of time itself, that you should close all of your contracts to maximize your PLAYER HEALTH.

Aside from that, a "balance" is prescribed between weapons and defense base. The primary reason you fight battles is to collect diamonds which enable you to apply upgrades. These diamonds are stored in a vault (as you are aware). Since weapons must be fully upgraded to realize their maximum firepower ...

The stronger the weapon, the more diamonds you'll need to upgrade the weapon ...

The more diamonds you need, a larger vault capacity will be needed to stockpile those diamonds ...

The only way to increase your vault's capacity is to upgrade the defense base ...

Now if you never plan on applying upgrades, then obviously you won't be needing diamonds, therefore a player could avoid upgrading anything, including the base ...
    ... but in a very tangible sense, this is "balance" in itself.

So, to sum it up ... keep your game setup "balanced" to achieve the best results over the long haul; nobody ever expects that you'll be playing the same video game a year or two later, yet here I am ...
    ... you do NOT want to be in a position where you're so far behind on an aspect of the game that catching up becomes problematic. :cool:

"Balanced" also includes drone development and CW contributions as well.

A very wise man once said that, "This is not a horse race" and "The tortoise ALWAYS wins".

I'm submitting that ticket by the way ... ticket submitted @ 07:47 AM EST.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION