What's the strangest thing you've ever saw during a PvP match?

BlaqJaqBlaqJaq New MemberRegistered Users 37 Posts
I've seen soldiers run right over gun turrets and avatars jump from the balcony onto the the main floor during PvP battles! There was a mission in Global Assault, were I would advance through a door and fall into a black void and lose the mission. one time I assassinated Hans in global assault and he flew up in the air! lol I love funny quirks like that in games, as long as they don't interfere with game play! What have you seen?

Comments

  • try_againtry_again Senior Member Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    One time, the guy I was attacking was going from the upper level down to the lower level. He got stuck way off to the left going down the stairs, and started firing in the stairwell anyway. Fortunately, he went back upstairs to be seen again. Another time I got frozen behind an equipment cabinet after moving laterally. Was still being shot at with the clock ticking, but the only button that responded was the pause button. Had to forfeit that round which broke my winning streak.

    Love the Gatling gun barrel rolling on the floor after blowing up. Also, if you blow up a missile container next to a defender, sometimes body parts get separated. Some very nice effects in this game!
  • David TDavid T Senior Member Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    I would say the most fun animation glitch I've experienced was in PVP where I ended up advancing to the end of the 2nd story base where the defender opponent usually is. My player got stuck in a loop of running up and down the stairs as the defender, so I got to see all of the details of the base from the defender's side of things while still getting shot by the defender. Although I didn't actually see the defender, it kind of 'felt' like the defender was chasing me from behind while I ran in a figure eight pattern from 1st floor to 2nd floor; a very MC Escher "relativity" picture like feeling. With about a minute left on the clock, I tried different buttons to see if I could break the loop and I ended up running out of the game setting into the 'black void'. It was certainly the most entertaining game glitch I've had so far.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • BlaqJaqBlaqJaq New Member Registered Users 37 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    I would say the most fun animation glitch I've experienced was in PVP where I ended up advancing to the end of the 2nd story base where the defender opponent usually is. My player got stuck in a loop of running up and down the stairs as the defender, so I got to see all of the details of the base from the defender's side of things while still getting shot by the defender. Although I didn't actually see the defender, it kind of 'felt' like the defender was chasing me from behind while I ran in a figure eight pattern from 1st floor to 2nd floor; a very MC Escher "relativity" picture like feeling. With about a minute left on the clock, I tried different buttons to see if I could break the loop and I ended up running out of the game setting into the 'black void'. It was certainly the most entertaining game glitch I've had so far.

    Wow, that must have been crazy!
  • BlaqJaqBlaqJaq New Member Registered Users 37 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    One time, the guy I was attacking was going from the upper level down to the lower level. He got stuck way off to the left going down the stairs, and started firing in the stairwell anyway. Fortunately, he went back upstairs to be seen again. Another time I got frozen behind an equipment cabinet after moving laterally. Was still being shot at with the clock ticking, but the only button that responded was the pause button. Had to forfeit that round which broke my winning streak.

    Love the Gatling gun barrel rolling on the floor after blowing up. Also, if you blow up a missile container next to a defender, sometimes body parts get separated. Some very nice effects in this game!

    Thats funny!
  • David TDavid T Senior Member Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    BlaqJaq wrote: »
    Wow, that must have been crazy!

    Definitely crazy fun for sure and well worth the 'attack lost'!
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • kuojunhonkuojunhon New Member Registered Users 30 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    I would say the most fun animation glitch I've experienced was in PVP where I ended up advancing to the end of the 2nd story base where the defender opponent usually is. My player got stuck in a loop of running up and down the stairs as the defender, so I got to see all of the details of the base from the defender's side of things while still getting shot by the defender. Although I didn't actually see the defender, it kind of 'felt' like the defender was chasing me from behind while I ran in a figure eight pattern from 1st floor to 2nd floor; a very MC Escher "relativity" picture like feeling. With about a minute left on the clock, I tried different buttons to see if I could break the loop and I ended up running out of the game setting into the 'black void'. It was certainly the most entertaining game glitch I've had so far.

    It looks like glitch often happen when the player is moving.
    In a PVP of short range, I started at left side of 1st floor. In order to dodge the upcoming rocket, I was quickly moving from left to righthand side, and my player didn't stop, just kept running and running like a runner of marathon. My player seemed to break through the wall, and ran into a "black void", and the base behind me became smaller and smaller. The funny thing was after running for 3 minute, my player still got shot and wounded. It's literally a "JAILBREAK" mission.
  • David TDavid T Senior Member Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    kuojunhon wrote: »
    My player seemed to break through the wall, and ran into a "black void", and the base behind me became smaller and smaller.
    There are quite a few different places in the game setting that you can come up to the "black void" phenomenon, but you're correct about it is typically started by moving to the right; I can only remember 1 time that I moved to the left to "Jailbreak".

    Another fun graphics issue I had more recently, was in an 'open' campaign mission where you moved from one side of a room to another, and you can choose a right or left position. The fun graphics part was the room was separated by this blue opaque shield that camouflaged the soldiers on the other side of the room and the only time you could really see them is when they moved or shot. So one side of the room looked normal, but looking at the other side you just saw the animated red flash of the weapons firing. Needless to say, I moved from side to side a lot while killing the least amount of soldiers to savor the moment. :)

    Although the blue camouflage force field was a graphics glitch, it was really fun, and I think it would make a great idea to include as an intentional setting feature. GLU, what do you think?
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • itman2000myitman2000my New Member Registered Users 7 Posts
    my strangest:-

    1. Rocket fired from the auto-rocket firing machine, the rocket "some how" becomes a guided rocket!! It bends and comes direct to me just after i hv moved to another location! :p

    2. The rockets that i shoot, sometimes did not explode!! :mad: Must hv purchased some dud rockets!! Can i sue the manufacturer of the rockets??
  • David TDavid T Senior Member Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    my strangest:-

    1. Rocket fired from the auto-rocket firing machine, the rocket "some how" becomes a guided rocket!! It bends and comes direct to me just after i hv moved to another location! :p

    2. The rockets that i shoot, sometimes did not explode!! :mad: Must hv purchased some dud rockets!! Can i sue the manufacturer of the rockets??

    You can recreate #1 with timing your movements; basically if you try to 'out-smart' the rocket turret by moving right before it gives you the "I'm shooting a rocket at you" symbol, then the rocket will still find you.

    As for #2, I've noticed that if you don't aim perfectly at the turret in the far distance, the rocket will miss the turret, hit the wall behind it, and all you see is a puff of white smoke without the explosion.

    And you just reminded me of another fun and unique thing to find in the game. In the campaign section "Russia", there is an open contract mission with two flights of stairs to climb. After climbing the first flight of stairs, kill the soldiers, but don't hit the red barrel behind them; then turn up your speakers, shoot the red barrel, and listen for a unique sound. Hopefully GLU hasn't corrected the sound bit I'm referring to, because it was kind of fun.

    Good Luck out there.
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • saturnringsaturnring New Member Registered Users 43 Posts
    my strangest:-


    2. The rockets that i shoot, sometimes did not explode!! :mad: Must hv purchased some dud rockets!! Can i sue the manufacturer of the rockets??

    dud rockets!! sue the manufacturer!!! LOL
  • BlaqJaqBlaqJaq New Member Registered Users 37 Posts
    kuojunhon wrote: »
    It looks like glitch often happen when the player is moving.
    In a PVP of short range, I started at left side of 1st floor. In order to dodge the upcoming rocket, I was quickly moving from left to righthand side, and my player didn't stop, just kept running and running like a runner of marathon. My player seemed to break through the wall, and ran into a "black void", and the base behind me became smaller and smaller. The funny thing was after running for 3 minute, my player still got shot and wounded. It's literally a "JAILBREAK" mission.

    I think your experience was weirder than mine, and sounded like way more fun!
  • BlaqJaqBlaqJaq New Member Registered Users 37 Posts
    Ha! Good one!
  • BlaqJaqBlaqJaq New Member Registered Users 37 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    There are quite a few different places in the game setting that you can come up to the "black void" phenomenon, but you're correct about it is typically started by moving to the right; I can only remember 1 time that I moved to the left to "Jailbreak".

    Another fun graphics issue I had more recently, was in an 'open' campaign mission where you moved from one side of a room to another, and you can choose a right or left position. The fun graphics part was the room was separated by this blue opaque shield that camouflaged the soldiers on the other side of the room and the only time you could really see them is when they moved or shot. So one side of the room looked normal, but looking at the other side you just saw the animated red flash of the weapons firing. Needless to say, I moved from side to side a lot while killing the least amount of soldiers to savor the moment. :)

    Although the blue camouflage force field was a graphics glitch, it was really fun, and I think it would make a great idea to include as an intentional setting feature. GLU, what do you think?

    Ha! Good one!
  • BlaqJaqBlaqJaq New Member Registered Users 37 Posts
    my strangest:-

    1. Rocket fired from the auto-rocket firing machine, the rocket "some how" becomes a guided rocket!! It bends and comes direct to me just after i hv moved to another location! :p

    2. The rockets that i shoot, sometimes did not explode!! :mad: Must hv purchased some dud rockets!! Can i sue the manufacturer of the rockets??

    Wooow! lol
  • BlaqJaqBlaqJaq New Member Registered Users 37 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    You can recreate #1 with timing your movements; basically if you try to 'out-smart' the rocket turret by moving right before it gives you the "I'm shooting a rocket at you" symbol, then the rocket will still find you.

    As for #2, I've noticed that if you don't aim perfectly at the turret in the far distance, the rocket will miss the turret, hit the wall behind it, and all you see is a puff of white smoke without the explosion.

    And you just reminded me of another fun and unique thing to find in the game. In the campaign section "Russia", there is an open contract mission with two flights of stairs to climb. After climbing the first flight of stairs, kill the soldiers, but don't hit the red barrel behind them; then turn up your speakers, shoot the red barrel, and listen for a unique sound. Hopefully GLU hasn't corrected the sound bit I'm referring to, because it was kind of fun.

    Good Luck out there.

    Cool! I'll look for that!
  • try_againtry_again Senior Member Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    David T wrote: »
    I would say the most fun animation glitch I've experienced was in PVP where I ended up advancing to the end of the 2nd story base where the defender opponent usually is. My player got stuck in a loop of running up and down the stairs as the defender, so I got to see all of the details of the base from the defender's side of things while still getting shot by the defender. Although I didn't actually see the defender, it kind of 'felt' like the defender was chasing me from behind while I ran in a figure eight pattern from 1st floor to 2nd floor; a very MC Escher "relativity" picture like feeling. With about a minute left on the clock, I tried different buttons to see if I could break the loop and I ended up running out of the game setting into the 'black void'. It was certainly the most entertaining game glitch I've had so far.

    Just had a similar experience, also on a 2nd story short attack PVP. in the back of the room. I hit the duck button, saw a missile icon and hit move left button. Ended up running down stairs continuously, and saw the floor plan from underneath getting smaller and smaller behind me with a couple opponents sporadically shooting me. Outside of the shrinking light of the floor plan, the blackness enveloped me with the camera pointed at me looking back at the tiny pinpoint of a base, all the while running!

    I'd call it the "PVP running to Hades" if you will. Now to restart my win streak, oh well.
  • David TDavid T Senior Member Registered Users 1,055 Posts
    try_again wrote: »
    I'd call it the "PVP running to Hades" if you will. Now to restart my win streak, oh well.
    So far we have the "black void" a.k.a. "jailbreak" a.k.a. "PVP running to Hades" a.k.a. even the virtual avatars are getting tired of conquering the same bases over and over...
    iPhone 4, usually.
  • try_againtry_again Senior Member Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Unfortunately, my first attempt didn't take the screenshot. This was taken at the point where you see the opponents at my right wrist. The effect is the flames of hades all around me! Just noticed this was a long range, not short range attack.

    Screenshot_2015-04-16-19-37-07.png
  • Taker3681Taker3681 Junior Member Registered Users 52 Posts
    I just seen a juggernaut spit his wife's tine of the month juice out, while he did a 720 moonsault flip over the rails an handed on his head all the while spazzing out like someone shot him in the face..
  • legend_alegend_a Junior Member Registered Users 63 Posts
    when playing short range on ground floor, i saw one guy flying from 2nd level to ground , actually i couldn't shoot him in the air because i was taken by surprise
  • ThianrenThianren Junior Member Registered Users 77 Posts
    Here I found during campaign, the Mercenary got half body stuck on the floor, and when I kill him, he's half collapsed and start seizing....

    image.jpg1.jpg
  • Taker3681Taker3681 Junior Member Registered Users 52 Posts
    Updating my weirdest sighting on game to accidently taking out Justin bi ever with a clean headshot just as he was about to start his first official music training lesion.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.